Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Cyrodiil Performace is appalling and you should be ashamed

Genfe
Genfe
✭✭✭
I’ll start by saying that I’ve probably played this game for about 10 years. Starting on PlayStation 4 Moving to PlayStation 5 And now on PCNA. When I first moved after the server upgrades, I was amazed at the difference. Slowly but surely day after day it’s gotten worse and worse. I hate making petty forum post.

The last few days have been completely unplayable. At 2 PM on a Thursday 999 ping. 23 frames per second. Unable skills, unable to swap bars. Regardless, if I’m at a keep with a fight or in a field by myself.

You perform weekly maintenance. Large monthly updates four years of server upgrade/code rewrites and still it seems worse than it’s been in months.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 14, 2024 9:05PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen performance in cyrodiil as bad as this since before the servers got replaced. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, we're seeing rubberbanding/ability delay and all the other things that we've associated with cyrodiil for years.

But I have NEVER seen this performance bleed into the rest of the game like it is right now. I'm seeing ability delay and rubberbanding in major cities, imperial city, battlegrounds, etc. For the first time ever.

It's horrendous.

PC/NA
    Edited by React on June 14, 2024 8:43PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they added another new zone and probably didn't add any additional server support for it. Instead they just keep putting more and more game content on the same server capacity.

What do people think is going to happen?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about troubleshooting on the PC platform.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet the zos engineers table at lunch is something else. Things do break completely, when they're overloaded, in the end.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player:
    "Why does my game keep freezing"?

ZOS:
    "After review, we've decided to move this thread as it relates to ice cream".
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Player:

ZOS:

They can bury the thread, but they can't bury the truth.

I think reazea nailed it.
    reazea wrote: »
    Well, they added another new zone and probably didn't add any additional server support for it. Instead they just keep putting more and more game content on the same server capacity.

What do people think is going to happen?

• cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    So I came here to see what is going on but the Cyrodiil lag is unbelievable right now and completely unplayable...which really sucks because I was streaming to some people to try and encourage them to play the game and get the new game pack but that kind of crashed and burned.

What I noticed though is the latency/lag was not normal...it felt like it was by design. Reason for thinking that...an entire faction was hit with latency and unable to do any of their actions...yet an opposing faction seemed to have no problem. After looking into it more, it seems to be a common occurrence...especially with EP faction hitting lag when going up against others...the same problem going back the last couple years.

There is a known exploit/cheating tactic in online gaming where you can unplug your ethernet cable either physically or through software, for a short period of time, that will cause lag for others but allow you to still move around while the game waits for you to reconnect. You can also get devices called lag switches or software to flood your home network with data to simulate lag that can cause this as well. You get to run around and do stuff and as soon as you kick it back on the game updates with all the stuff you did while anyone around you suffers.

Thats what it felt like today in Cyrodiil. Please look into this because as of right now, the game is completely unplayable in the state it is in.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about troubleshooting on the PC platform.

Thank you for your understanding

Why do ZOS employees not play this game? Because they would know that this isn't an issue that can be troubleshot by players
    Edited by kyle.wilson on June 16, 2024 1:25AM
  • FolksySpade
    FolksySpade
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kyUy2-ZVQ
    Video evidence of the terrible performance ^
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My god, this is actually such a great video of the performance.

@ZOS_Kevin This is quite possibly the worst performance I've ever seen. Not just since the servers were upgraded, but in the history of the game. It is unplayable. Completely unplayable. Not even just at peak hours, the exact issues in this video have been present at any major fight since the patch.

It's very hard to get excited for scribing, the Q4 PVP update, or the future of this game in general when this is the performance we get to deal with.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was there on DC. 999+ the whole time. You had to guess what was going to happen in the next 15 seconds so you could cast your skills ahead of time. I'll take year 1 PvP at this point. It was just as bad but with multiple fights on the map because of the higher pop cap.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS hasn't started rebuilding ESO on a new engine that can handle all the proc sets etc. they keep adding to the game they should start now. It's clear this game has gotten away from the dev team in a way that can only be solved by rebuilding ESO on an engine that can handle all the bloat that's been added to the game over the years.

And yes, PvP in Cyrodiil should be a primary focus for the dev team, not an afterthought every February 29th.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS hasn't started rebuilding ESO on a new engine that can handle all the proc sets etc. they keep adding to the game they should start now. It's clear this game has gotten away from the dev team in a way that can only be solved by rebuilding ESO on an engine that can handle all the bloat that's been added to the game over the years.

And yes, PvP in Cyrodiil should be a primary focus for the dev team, not an afterthought every February 29th.

Doesn't seem like an engine issue as we are able to run the game locally...just not able to sync with others. Definitely seems like a network issue.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many people running lag swirch and its killing everything
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Genfe
    Genfe
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

As I appreciate you trying to help all it would take is for anyone at ZOS to log into Cyrodiil around 6pm EST and read zone chat. This is not a PC or network issue on the client side.

Seriously just have anyone from the company play around prime time.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks bill, you made me spit out my drink.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭

React wrote: »

Thanks bill, you made me spit out my drink.

Ya, Bill is pretty helpful around here on a regular basis, but we all know the root of the problem is server side and that's where the focus should be made. The players have virtually no control over the disconnecting and performance issues plaguing ESO, especially when it comes to Cyrodiil PvP.
  • outlander95
    outlander95
    Soul Shriven
    Stridig wrote: »
    Player:

ZOS:

This was originally posted in the Guild Recruitment board for PC/Mac NA server; mods are just cleaning up after our messes.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    But I have NEVER seen this performance bleed into the rest of the game like it is right now. I'm seeing ability delay and rubberbanding in major cities, imperial city, battlegrounds, etc. For the first time ever.

It's horrendous.

PC/NA

This. I haven't ever experienced the Cyrodiil Lag :tm: but in PvE people are talking about skills not going off despite hitting them multiple times and personally I have experienced several people (including me) all have their games freeze for up to 3 seconds at the same time, mid-combat, in a trial.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried neatly coiling your router wires counter clockwise towards the lost continent of MU and then erect a reflecting pool towards Mt Heron with a tribute bowl to the 5G powers of the north wind while holding a lotus position balanced upon a yoga ball at you're desktop?

This one has nothing will help.
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey look everyone, you see that? It was our internet the whole time. The entire PvP population needs new internet… surely the game has no issues.

Not a good look.