The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What customizable ability you think the Necromancer will have?

SjornParadox52
SjornParadox52
✭✭✭
Since the new chapter is getting close, i thought i ask this here simple question.

What customizable ability you think the Necromancer will have? 15 votes

A summon
80%
ghost_bg_ESOCenturionExplorertebqoterNissowolfMashmalloManAnumarilItsNotLivingRasande_RobinACamaroGuyIncultaWolfamig186Calaindo1234 12 votes
A melee attack
20%
pavlaprovazfrancesinhaloverAnifaas 3 votes
A ranged attack
0%
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression was the customizable abilities were going to be for Weapon Skills, Fighters Guild Mage's Guild, Soul Magic, and Support not for the Classes.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression was the customizable abilities were going to be for Weapon Skills, Fighters Guild Mage's Guild, Soul Magic, and Support not for the Classes.

Yup. No class customisations.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on March 25, 2024 12:48AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A summon

Yup. No class customisations.

Not yet at least, they said to content creators behind closed doors that they see this as a system that could be expanded on in the future like most of their other additions, with the focus this year being on universal skill lines, but a potential future involving classes.

For now, all they officially announced to them was at least 1 skill, maybe more for all 6 weapons, Fighters, Mages, Assault, Support, and Soul Magic. Minimum, 11 skills.

2025 chapter could add Vampire, WW, Psijic Order, and Undaunted if they're not done this year. 11 seems like a lot, 4 seems reasonable, I doubt they'll repeat that each year seeing as they still have to add 2 companions, 1 tales of tribute deck, 3-5 mythics, and whatever newest mechanic they introduce.

I could see classes coming in like 2026+, which could be 1 skill per class per year for at least 3 years, so 7 skills (maybe 8 if we get another class), also reasonable.

To OP. Idk, hard to think about a new skill when the current skill setup for Necro is in shambles. I think they need a complete redesign before that happens.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the new chapter is getting close, i thought i ask this here simple question.

We're going to have to use Scribing to get Stalking Blastbones back. 🤫
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A summon
    I don’t know if Scribing will apply to class skill lines, but if they do eventually extend it in that direction I seriously doubt it’ll be a summon. I only selected that in the poll to show my support.

ZOS has pretty consistently made clear that player necromancers are meant to be more of a “dark mage” than an undead-raising necromancer. Letting us have a proper summonable minion just isn’t in line with what they’ve demonstrated (player) necromancers to be in ESO.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    A summon
    Gravelord's Sacrifice will summon a clown that jumps to you.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭