The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

The Thrassian Strangler Solution: Rework?

Xzysts
Xzysts
✭✭✭
So,

It seems overwhelmingly, that my recent post has struck many nerves. My intention was not to make anyone mad regarding said post. Still, I stand by my original post. However, I propose that Thrassian Stranglers has a minor rework. This would enable it to still be actively used, provide high damage gain, and provide a negative effect as intended with no work around.

1. I propose we make Thrassian stacks build off being in combat similar to Roksa. Currently Thrassian operates like so "Each stack increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 23, reduces your Maximum Health by 120, and reduces effectiveness of your damage shields by 1%." whenever an enemy is killed.

I believe that if we remove the enemy killed portion and replace it with you "build one stack while in combat once every 0.5 seconds" that this will both make the mythic build quickly and ramp the negative effect upwards equally to the amount of damage given per 0.5 second rather on whenever an enemy is killed. Potentially, you could even reduce the amount of stacks needed to be gained from 50 to 25 but increase the amount of damage given per stack while also increasing the amount of health loss per stack.

OR

2. Get rid of the stacks all together and make this mythic operate similar to Gaze of Sithis. Give all the damage upfront with the negative shield and health effects upfront without the need to build stacks.

You be the judge...
-Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • shukkig4
    shukkig4
    ✭✭
    The issue is that those drawbacks aren't strong enough for good players, yet most people wouldn't be able to utilize it, essentially turning it into win more mythic for good players, raising the ceiling for good players, but not really helping anyone else. I don't think zos wants to do that, it's opposite of what they've been trying to accomplish. Personally either of those options would instantly make this my go to mythic for so many fights, given how strong it would be, the reduced hp is irrelevant in most content anyway. As of right now they mythic can still be utilised in arenas and dungeons (although less so here nowdays with arcanists being top class).
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    shukkig4 wrote: »
    The issue is that those drawbacks aren't strong enough for good players, yet most people wouldn't be able to utilize it, essentially turning it into win more mythic for good players, raising the ceiling for good players, but not really helping anyone else. I don't think zos wants to do that, it's opposite of what they've been trying to accomplish. Personally either of those options would instantly make this my go to mythic for so many fights, given how strong it would be, the reduced hp is irrelevant in most content anyway. As of right now they mythic can still be utilised in arenas and dungeons (although less so here nowdays with arcanists being top class).

They can always increase, change, or add on a negative effect for balancing to make permanent.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
    Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
    All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    @Xzysts : "2. Get rid of the stacks all together and make this mythic operate similar to Gaze of Sithis. Give all the damage upfront with the negative shield and health effects upfront without the need to build stacks.
    "

This wont work, as it would enable nightblades even more in PvP from stealth. It still needs the added stealth mechanic to disable it.

The rework that makes sense for everyone is that it would hit max stacks in 12-15s --*In Combat*-- while not crouched or invisible. This way PvE players wouldn't be able hot swap to burn bosses easily and cloak players wouldn't be able to abuse the added free damage.

Or, my favorite would be something like you suggested. "When you equip Thrassian Stranglers, you gain the weapon damage and lose the HP. But, crouching, going invisible OR cloaking disables the mythic until you crouch and stand back up again.

This way you could have full control over the proc, however I think it would have some PvE implications. Thus, the 12-15s of in combat stacking would make the most sense for all parties.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the attempt to make the mythic a viable option, but if we're being honest. Thrassian stranglers will not see any changes in usage for any foreseeable future especially considering the main demographic of people using it right now is PVP players.

ZoS seemingly are disinterested in PVP, so it's extremely unlikely they'll update the mythic to make PVP players happy(except their mentioned change to get rid of sieging for stacks), maybe if PVE community made noise about it, but I'd be skeptical if they'd ever consider opinions of PVP players (cause I mean they almost rarely listen to PVP community)
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade