The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: Stay away from Vet Vatreshans...

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Flame level: Orbs sometimes don't grant the shield to cross the lava
Green: After the three big dudes, the completion chest is non-interactable.
Blue: No idea I quit out.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »

I guess you play with range build.
    IIRC orbs always require standing close (about 5m) to obtain the lava shield.

• NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess you play with range build.
    IIRC orbs always require standing close (about 5m) to obtain the lava shield.

Yep, spot on. If not melee stand right on top of them when you heavy attack with destro or bow.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • KekwLord3000
    KekwLord3000
    ✭✭
    Instruction unclear went in and had fun.
    But on a serious note:
    1. Like was stated in the post you need to be fairly close to get the fire shield.
    2. I personally never had issues with chests in VH, I'm sorry you had to experience it but it's a fairly uncommon bug (unless U41 introduced it for the first time) if you do decide to get there and you can't interact with the chest or experience a bug I recommend reporting it as a bug.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a different weird bug once, I died in the lava trying to reach the health sphere (oh the irony) and my max health was reduced for the rest of the run, at least visually, the red bar would never fill completely. Also I usually have to bash the air a few times after beating the last boss in red to be able to use the chest and exit portal. Never what OP described though. ESO is still one of the least buggy MMOs I've played.
    PC EU
  • KekwLord3000
    KekwLord3000
    ✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    I had a different weird bug once, I died in the lava trying to reach the health sphere (oh the irony) and my max health was reduced for the rest of the run, at least visually, the red bar would never fill completely. Also I usually have to bash the air a few times after beating the last boss in red to be able to use the chest and exit portal. Never what OP described though. ESO is still one of the least buggy MMOs I've played.

Yeah desynched HP bars is a very OLD eso bug.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know about the having to be close...that's good to know and will do that in the future (I thought I was pretty close, but obviously not)...that plus really I should have noticed no shield before I started to run.

Not getting the goody after the work though...yea....that sucks. I did report both as bugs in the other area though.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know about the having to be close...that's good to know and will do that in the future (I thought I was pretty close, but obviously not)...that plus really I should have noticed no shield before I started to run.

Not getting the goody after the work though...yea....that sucks. I did report both as bugs in the other area though.

I feel good it was reported. At least it will mark the problem for the dev team. Thank you for doing it.
    I think it is designed a bit wrong at the moment, because there is absolutely no hint that the character have to be close to the orb.
    I remember my astonishment and anger when I hit the orb and got burned without a shield first time.
    It should either be fixed or explained ingame, if you ask me.