The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord female DK sounds like a hoarse hag

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
Hope I don’t violate any ToS by using the word “hag”, but trying to create a new character and can’t find any voice that doesn’t sound like an old woman smoking and drinking too much. Have tried A and F but deleted both new toons. The other voices in the character creation menu also sound awful. Strange ESO hasn’t improved voices since 2014. At least let us hear in the character creation menu how yelling sounds when sprinting a horse, since there is much riding in Cyro.
Edited by subarctic on March 21, 2024 7:03PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voices have nothing to do with your class, only your race.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually have to remake a character a few times before I’m reasonably happy with all choices, including voice. And as @Vevvev pointed out, voice options depend on race (some are options for multiple) and nothing to do with class. If you don’t like any of the options, you may want to choose a different race.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    “If you don’t like any of the options, you may want to choose a different race”

I need Nord because I want to play tank.
  • UsualSurrender
    UsualSurrender
    ✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »

You could make an Imperial, then.
    Anyway, you can tank on pretty much any race, just have to adapt your build accordingly.
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭

just so you know there's a quote button at the bottom of posts when other people reply to you and if you use it then it makes your post clearer to read instead of making a quote yourself
  • M1SHAAN
    M1SHAAN
    ✭✭✭
    You could embrace it! Make your character a decrepit old clever woman / bog witch who did not drag her creaky 120-year-old bones out of the swamp to be pushed around by some bratty little "Trial Boss" with 999 million HP.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a compilation of all player voices that you can see: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/player-character-voices/

They do include mount voices in the linked videos.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    “just so you know there's a quote button at the bottom of posts when other people reply to you and if you use it then it makes your post clearer to read instead of making a quote yourself”

Great, I didn’t know that, tnx :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can play any race as a tank. Imperial is actually an excellent choice for the racial passives as well.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope I don’t violate any ToS by using the word “hag”, but trying to create a new character and can’t find any voice that doesn’t sound like an old woman smoking and drinking too much. Have tried A and F but deleted both new toons. The other voices in the character creation menu also sound awful. Strange ESO hasn’t improved voices since 2014. At least let us hear in the character creation menu how yelling sounds when sprinting a horse, since there is much riding in Cyro.

I got the one good voice for my warden 😂
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called drunken seduction.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoarse hag?? But she sounded lovely that night I went out drinking with Sanguine and... Oh no. Ooohh no, no, noo nonono...
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so make a male, see if you like one of those voices, if you do, wear full gear and a helmet. No one will ever know.

:D
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one for female Nords that's high pitched and young sounding, voice D I think it was. It's also quite loud, the actress really held nothing back. Also, can't remember which letter, it's somewhere near the bottom of the list, but one of those voices laughs like a cartoon villain when you use the /lol emote, it's pretty funny. But aside from that female Nords really don't have the greatest voices.
    PC EU
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tank with Khajiit. No one dies, no one complains, and my tank makes a cute “rrrrah!” sound whenever he bashes things.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

I tank with Khajiit. No one dies, no one complains, and my tank makes a cute “rrrrah!” sound whenever he bashes things.

I tank with a wood elf night blade. I call her the little ball of hate. XD
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually have to remake a character a few times before I’m reasonably happy with all choices, including voice. And as @Vevvev pointed out, voice options depend on race (some are options for multiple) and nothing to do with class. If you don’t like any of the options, you may want to choose a different race.

I have done that as well. Looks good on the creation screen but by level 8 or 9 I've decided I really don't like them and then I start all over again.
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭
    what is a hoarse hag?