The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Necromancer Stealth Nerf - Pay To Lose

RedFireDisco
RedFireDisco
✭✭✭✭
So, the necro burst heal gives you minor defile which was buffered by the fact that a passive gave you minor mending.

Now defile affects shields, so, Necro shields will take an 8% dip every time they use the burst heal.

This is beyond ridiculous.

The latest poll shows how disgruntled people are about the state of necros.

Something needs to be done.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news! Necro has neither Mending nor Damage Shields in its class kit.

Minor Defile is what we get instead of Minor Brutality Sorcery Savagery Prophecy Toughness or Evasion.

Make it apply to the whole group!
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes something needs to be done! Buff nightblade more!
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use barrier as shield for Necro or why is that change so important? Necro has far more important issues than this imo.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    Do you use barrier as shield for Necro or why is that change so important? Necro has far more important issues than this imo.

Yes, my stamcro uses bone shield and cleave and it's gonna be nerfed by 8% for both shields.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »

Yes, my stamcro uses bone shield and cleave and it's gonna be nerfed by 8% for both shields.

I think I used bone shield on my necro tank. Been a while but I'm pretty sure I did. So yeah that would be a nerf. Still, the class really does have more glaring problems.
    I'm making an updated version of my Necro ideas thread from 2023 (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633137/suggestions-for-necromancer-changes). One thing that ZOS has been doing lately is making skills require less micromanagement and loading them with multiple functions:
    Cephaliarch's Flail:
    Infuse your arm with abyssal magic to form tentacles that lash out at your foes dealing 1939 Physical Damage, healing yourself for 969, and generating Crux. Enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds and marked with Abyssal Ink for 20 seconds. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies with less than 50% Health. You deal 5% increased damage to enemies drenched in Abyssal Ink.

Tome-Bearer's Inspiration:
    Etch a series of runes onto your weapon that pulse with power once every 5 seconds. Each pulse enhances your class abilities, and striking an enemy with one deals an additional 1161 Magic Damage and generates Crux if you have none. While slotted on either ability bar, gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 20%.

The Necro needs this same treatment.

Blighted Blastbones: cost determined by the highest resource.
    (I have mourned the loss of Stalking Blastbones and I have accepted that fact that I'm just going to have to change my Necro)

Death Scythe:
    As I have seen suggested on the forums, both morphs of the Necro scythe should get execute scaling. I agree that this would be a great and very needed addition.
    - Hungry Scythe: should also apply life steal to all enemies hit.

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer: grants major sorcery/brutality when slotted on either bar. Increase the damage that their attacks do.

Shocking Siphon: while slotted on either bar grants major prophecy/savagery and increases damage done by 3%. The AOE remains on the ground even if the tether breaks early. *Increase the radius size.
    - Mystic Siphon: the increased Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery persists even if the tether breaks early.
    - Detonating Syphon: the damage AOE now sticks to you.

Flame Skull:
    - Riccochet Skull/Venom Skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. (Increase travel speed)

Spirit Mender: when active, applies minor cowardice to attackers.

Bone Totem: summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem: (Formerly Remote Totem) grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

Restoring Tether: the effects persist on the player even if the tether breaks early.

Render Flesh:
    - Resistant Flesh: (remains unchanged)
    - Blood Sacrifice: consumes a corpse to grant you Major Courage (or Major Berserk) for 10 seconds.

Expunge: reduces the cost of all your abilities by 3% while slotted on either bar.

Bitter Harvest: when slotted on either bar, reduces your damage taken by 3%.

ULTIMATES:
    Frozen Colossus: Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Glacial Colossus: does frost damage and stuns enemies on the second hit instead of the third.
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground only once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time.

Animate Blastbones: instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons up to three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

(3-15-2024: a video discussing these ideas)

https://youtu.be/s03c5jlZhaQ?si=wZUIjM1YkDQSMqnC
    Edited by StarOfElyon on March 18, 2024 12:07PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, I'd rather have a unique +healing done than Minor Vitality with a + to both shields and healing. If it wasn't unique, the passive would be even weaker.
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I'd rather have a unique +healing done than Minor Vitality with a + to both shields and healing. If it wasn't unique, the passive would be even weaker.

Yes but it can be a unique buff to healing AND shielding. That would compensate the problem
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another indirect nerf to necro?!

ShockedPikachu.png
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to point out that necro is the only class whose burst heal also debuffs you. Unless you also count Malevolent Offering draining a tiny bit of health. Talk about balance amirite?

Also, to the people saying that necro has more pressing issues, while that is true I think the point of this thread was simply to highlight that we get yet another nerf on top of the countless ones we've gotten almost every single patch.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    people actually use bone shield?!
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console so I haven't experienced the joys yet, but as a healer my main use for blastbones was to send to the boss so I could place my healing tether or aoe heal right on the tank. I have little use for it at my feet so I won't be using the new version.
    If in the future necro heal becomes relevant again (seems unlikely right now, but...) I'll probably use mages armour or ghost if I want a corpse at my feet, but I'm not sure how I'd place a tether so the tank and group can benefit most.
    Healers use bone shield sometimes, and barrier so the reduction of shields seems like another nail in the necro coffin, sigh.
    Edited by Ishtarknows on March 18, 2024 6:31PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    people actually use bone shield?!

Yeah. Come on "bone shield" sounds perfect for a Necromancer.