The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Difficulty with some mechanics of Tideborn Taleria (veteran, no hardmode)

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
There are two mechanics that sometimes make me die despite me playing it:
1. Deluge: When it comes I go into the outer water until I do swim and that's what I do: I swim. As soon as the wave is over I hastily swim back and jump out of the water. On several occasions however the explosion killed me while in water. And no it was not the slaughter fish. I exploded every time during the deluge wave during the cases when I died playing the mechanics.
2. Sometimes breaking free from siren's lure does not trigger. Some of these cases might be when I was low on stamina but on at least one occastion I should have had enough stamina for breaking free because I used a tri stat potion.

Anyone with an advice on this?
Edited by AnduinTryggva on March 16, 2024 7:34AM
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To survive Deluge, you need to make sure you're completely immersed and swimming, not just standing in the shallow water. Also, I think someone else exploding on land can kill you in the water if you're in range.

On the siren, you can slot the Slippery CP from the red Fitness tree to break free automatically and at no cost every 21 seconds.

EDIT: Added comment about Deluge
    Edited by Ph1p on March 16, 2024 8:04AM
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ph1p wrote: »
    To survive Deluge, you need to make sure you're completely immersed and swimming, not just standing in the shallow water. Also, I think someone else exploding on land can kill you in the water if you're in range.

As I wrote: I swim, so not only standing in water and still get killed while swimming
    Ph1p wrote: »
    On the siren, you can slot the Slippery CP from the red Fitness tree to break free automatically and at no cost every 21 seconds.

EDIT: Added comment about Deluge

Thanks for that tipp I wl try that.
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you were actually swimming and not just knee deep in water, the explosion must have come from someone else that did not do the mechanic correctly.

Not able to break free from a siren is a pretty widely known bug there tho.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok that could be the case. Could explain why it is so random that I die swimming during deluge.

Thanks!
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on March 16, 2024 8:54AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One other thing about deluge...if you are near the hard mode banner (in the water) there seems to be an area around it where you aren't protected by the water. At least on PS this is an issue
    Soupy twist
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I cannot entirely deny that I am somewhat near that banner when this happens. But I am certain that on some occasions I have been at least 2m or so away. On other occasions I survived near the banner. I cannot exclude that this "no swim" area is not circular.
    I will keep an eye on that.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on March 16, 2024 9:16AM
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Deluge: When it comes I go into the outer water until I do swim and that's what I do: I swim. As soon as the wave is over I hastily swim back and jump out of the water. On several occasions however the explosion killed me while in water. And no it was not the slaughter fish. I exploded every time during the deluge wave during the cases when I died playing the mechanics.
    Someone else with the mechanic wasn't swimming and killed you. Ping also plays a part, so make sure you get in the water like 1.5 seconds before it actually goes off. I like to roll dodge in to make sure I actually get into the swimming animation, but that's not necessary.

If you have Code's Combat Alerts, type in /cca dsrdelugeblame to enable blame mode, which will tell you which players cause explosions any time they happen.

2. Sometimes breaking free from siren's lure does not trigger. Some of these cases might be when I was low on stamina but on at least one occastion I should have had enough stamina for breaking free because I used a tri stat potion.
    You may have to spam the break-free button if you're sure you have enough stamina for it; your stamina bar will glow and the low-resources audio will play any time you attempt it without enough stamina. The Slippery CP Star is extremely useful on this fight; I also recommend Expert Evasion as well.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by HatchetHaro on March 16, 2024 11:22AM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained