The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New load screens are awesome

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I really like the new load screens. I almost (but really almost) regret it that they are there only a short duration :)
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 14, 2024 7:19PM
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They indeed are!
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean when logging in? Those are old login load in screens from the past ten years. :) Made me smile to see those old scenes… must be anniversary-related.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much better than the characters' orange sun for the background
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the new load screens. I almost (but really almost) regret it that they are there only a short duration :)

In my account the new load screens have a very poor quality compared with the old ones. The contrast in some new images seems weird, the colours are faded in others and all the new screens have really a lot of sharpen. The images are nice, but very damaged.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying them, too! I can't comment on whether they've been "processed" in any way, because I think some of them were from before I started playing ESO, or were from so long ago that I don't remember them. For instance, I started playing ESO a few months after the Morrowind chapter was released, but I don't remember the picture with the roaring bear, the warden, Red Mountain, and Vivec City.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeoniKa wrote: »

In my account the new load screens have a very poor quality compared with the old ones. The contrast in some new images seems weird, the colours are faded in others and all the new screens have really a lot of sharpen. The images are nice, but very damaged.

Well, some of those images are ten years old. :) Might have been nice if they’d been standardized a bit more for consistency’s sake, but is what it is. It’s a nice little Easter egg for those of us who have been here since 2014.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Load screens are great.

Character screen is like staring at the sun.

:#
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Character screen...
    my-eyes-burning-eyes.gif

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, with more responses, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place.

You may continue the discussion here. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.