The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Don't Know What You're Selling Me Here

CMFan1966
CMFan1966
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay ZOS/ESO, you all have finally broken my brain and I need some help understanding what you're doing. You have a bundle in the Crown Store that costs 4000 Crowns, but is free for ESO Plus members for a limited time. It includes the Scions of Ithelia dungeons, a mount, a pet and some XP scrolls. Then you have a bundle that is also in the Crown Store that costs about 1500 Crowns for everyone regardless of whether they have ESO Plus or not. It includes the Scions of Ithelia dungeons, what appears to be access to some kind of prologue to the Gold Road chapter and what appears to be access to achievements that you won't have access to if you don't buy the bundle.

First, am I correct in my understanding of what is actually for sale? Second, can you purchase both? Or do we need to purchase both? I am an ESO Plus member and I have been for years. However, there may come a time where I can't afford to have ESO Plus at all times, so I generally buy the dungeon DLCs so I don't lose access to content if I can't afford ESO Plus for some reason. I'm trying to decide whether to buy either one (even though one is technically free) because I don't want to be restricted in the content or items available to me because I was forced to choose between mounts/pets or extra content.

Can someone explain to me how this is actually supposed to work and why I possibly can't have all the items if I'm willing to pay for them? I'd like an explanation before I make any decision. Thank you.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are ESO+ and you "buy" for free the bundle, you will have the bundle for all time, all the items. When you "buy" the free bundle, the 1500 crowns one is also greyed out; you can only buy one, not both.

Why would you want to pay for something that's lacking the extras when you are already an ESO+ member?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the 1500 crown thing you mention just sounds like the Scions of ithelia dlc
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    If you are ESO+ and you "buy" for free the bundle, you will have the bundle for all time, all the items. When you "buy" the free bundle, the 1500 crowns one is also greyed out; you can only buy one, not both.

Why would you want to pay for something that's lacking the extras when you are already an ESO+ member?

Just grab the free one... it costs nothing right? It includes everything for the DLC. The other version for 1.5k Crowns is for those who do not have ESO plus and just want to do parts of the DLC.

So yeah just get the free version and the other one will grey out like they said.
    Edited by Vulkunne on March 13, 2024 12:46AM
    Scourge of the Pact, Sorrow of the Covenant, Sunder of the Dominion
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was part of my question and that I didn't understand. I thought that the 1500 bundle was coming with things that the free bundle didn't. I'm still not 100% certain about it. I buy them in case the day comes that I can no longer have ESO Plus. I don't know what would cause that to happen, but you never know what life is going to throw at you.

I thank you for your answer though! :smile:
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing in the 1500 crown pack is the 2 dungeons AFAIK. The free bundle has the mount, pet, scrolls, AND the 2 dungeons.

The prologue I think is available in both; I don't have any interest in the prologues so I'm not sure. Really, unless you just hate the mount and pet and have no use for the scrolls, the free bundle is the best thing to grab. As an ESO+ member since 2017, paying annual subs on three accounts, I NEVER turn up my nose at "free for ESO+ members".

[Edit for typos]
    Edited by TaSheen on March 13, 2024 12:54AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think OP is worried if he stops eso+ that he would lose access to the content in the free bundle.

I don’t think that is ever the case for content acquired when eso+ is active when you buy it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a standard and deluxe version of the DLC, like they always do.

The standard edition with just the 2 dungeons costs 1,500 crowns. The deluxe edition with the 2 dungeons and a mount and pet is 4,000 crowns.

The only difference this time is ESO+ subscribers can get the deluxe edition for free.

They often have discounted items for subscribers and always have at least 1 free item. That's usually a little statue for your house (and there's one of them as well) but they have done other items as well (the first one was a costume). This time they decided to be unusually generous and make it the deluxe edition of the DLC.

If you're already subscribing it's worth picking it up because it's free and you get a mount and pet, and get to keep access to the DLC if you ever drop your subscription. If you're not subscribing and planned to buy the DLC it's a better deal to buy 30 days of ESO+ and get it for free.

If you're not subscribing and don't want the DLC then nothing changes for you.
    I think OP is worried if he stops eso+ that he would lose access to the content in the free bundle.

I don’t think that is ever the case for content acquired when eso+ is active when you buy it.

I can confirm that's not the case.

I only subscribe occasionally and I've never lost anything I got from it when it ended. I've got several of the free statues in my houses, and bought the New Life furnishing pack when it was discounted for subscribers (and I had a subscription) and kept it. Likewise all my costumes stayed dyed when the subscription ran out and items I put in the crafting bag are still there.

When your subscription ends you lose access to DLC you don't own, but not to anything you paid for in the crown store, even if you got it discounted or free as a subscription bonus.
    Edited by Danikat on March 14, 2024 9:47AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wares. Khajiit is selling wares. Do you have coin? Is not so hard.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CMFan1966 wrote: »
    I thought that the 1500 bundle was coming with things that the free bundle didn't.

It's the other way around.

The 1500-crown "Scions of Ithelia" is just the barebones DLC.

The 4000-crown (or free for ESO+) bundle is the collector's version of the Scions of Ithelia DLC, which is the same content you get in the 1500-crown purchase, plus the Collector's items (the mount, pet, etc.)

You can have one or the other (if you have ESO+ right now, I'd go for the Collector's bundle option, since it's free), and whichever one you go with will be accessible if you drop your ESO+ sub.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on March 14, 2024 10:35AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Trejgon
      Trejgon
      ✭✭✭✭
      The prologue I think is available in both;

If prologue is like any other prologue they did so far, it should be available for anyone owning base game, with no dlc needed to be bought.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Trejgon wrote: »

If prologue is like any other prologue they did so far, it should be available for anyone owning base game, with no dlc needed to be bought.

And that will be the case here. But they informed us earlier this week that the prologue quest wasn't a part of the U41 patch this week, so currently it isn't available.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8064625#Comment_8064625

Edited by Grizzbeorn on March 14, 2024 10:45AM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • LaintalAy
        LaintalAy
        ✭✭✭
        Just lie back and think of England.

PC EU
        UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
      • TaSheen
        TaSheen
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Trejgon wrote: »

Yeah, I just don't pay attention to how that works as I've never been interested in them.

• AlterBlika
        AlterBlika
        ✭✭✭✭
        Why even buy 1500 crown pack if you can sub, grab crowns, grab deluxe bundle with this dlc
      • BoloBoffin
        BoloBoffin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I believe this was explained as a free item for lots of people on ESO+ who already own Wrothgar and would not be getting an item on the second day of daily rewards. The free ESO+ bundle is available for people who do and don't own Wrothgar outside the sub, but basically, they're giving it away. Get the free one.
        I ride in a zerg ball of one.
      • CMFan1966
        CMFan1966
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Thank you all for your patience and for your answers! I got the free one and I'm not sorry. :smile: