The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GAMEPAD UI

Alienoutlaw
Alienoutlaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
please for the love of the nine revert the changes these are horrible
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just commented on another thread, but commenting here as well, because the game is indeed unplayable on gamepad UI right now. Frame rate is constantly going up and down, so the game is very choppy and even simple actions are hard to do, something is clearly wrong, @ZOS_Kevin could we please get an acknowledgement on whether this is being looked at?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Can you clarify what the issue is?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the font is huge, no way to rescale, menus are hard to navigate, what ever was changed has made things worse
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Can you take a picture so that we can share this with the team as well?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems with gamepad mode on my end. Everything looks as it did pre-patch, no frame rate issues either.

a11c32f3vbn0.png

uzv853ki86am.png

Do you guys have a gamepad addon installed that could be causing issues?

EDIT: I use the DarkUI addon, so I even disabled that to be sure it wasn't masking anything, and no, original gamepad mode looks fine too:

saltix11pcbw.png

Edited by Aurielle on March 11, 2024 4:47PM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    No problems with gamepad mode on my end. Everything looks as it did pre-patch, no frame rate issues either.

Do you guys have a gamepad addon installed that could be causing issues?

no not running gamepad addons
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1vc62vnvnzei.png
    mtyrijsxc9ms.png
    inventory gets blanked out also
    running 1920x1080
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vc62vnvnzei.png
    mtyrijsxc9ms.png
    inventory gets blanked out also
    running 1920x1080

That's so weird. It almost looks like the gamepad font isn't loading for you. Mine doesn't look like that at all.

I assume (hope) ZOS tests the game on a variety of different resolutions? Most people who seem to be having UI issues after this patch are on 1080p monitors... I'm on a 1440p monitor.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would disable every single addon first. There are some addons that allow you to change fonts.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have accessibility on and don't see anything weird..