The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Of course, ZOS nerfed Arcanist

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
After all, Arcanists are dangerous (NOT) in PVP and too much fun and cool for PVE. Why leave them stronger if you can render a punch in the skills? Make them worse and less fun.

Well done.

Edited by Scaletho on March 11, 2024 12:56PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The arcanist nerf won't even be noticeable in PvP - a 7% nerf to damage is tiny and Beam's scaling means you're really not going to notice it at all. The shield nerf will only be felt in PvE, as the shield cap is applied after Battlespirit, so you would never hit the cap anyways neither before nor after the patch.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not nearly enough.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should of been a 7% nerf on how effective each crux is for a 21% total nerf.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be nerfed more, like necromancer! :D
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf is not nearly enough for a class which truly breaks the game. It's the most broken OP Class since launch of ESO and is overperforming too much.

The 7% to Fatecarver is nothing, we need a complete redesign of that skill that dont hit everything with full force (like Templar Jabs). The Velothi Mystic needs a nerf, which should make LA weaving interesting again.

I can't understand the rant here.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    - remove the 1-second big shield and increase the shield strength a bit to match cost
    - remove flail immobilize and the pointless cast time
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t be so hateful. Arcanists are not some huge threat in PVP — maybe with some proc sets and if so those are the problem to be nerfed.

Or do you resent that players without perfect weaving can do decent damage on Arcanist? I say decent, since it still takes a deal of work on timing to break through 100k.
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    The nerf is not nearly enough for a class which truly breaks the game. It's the most broken OP Class since launch of ESO and is overperforming too much.

The 7% to Fatecarver is nothing, we need a complete redesign of that skill that dont hit everything with full force (like Templar Jabs). The Velothi Mystic needs a nerf, which should make LA weaving interesting again.

Breaks the game? Please.

Templar jabs should be reverted both to its former effectiveness and appearance instead of the inane vampiric shovel.

Velothi does not need a nerf either — it’s GOOD there are different ways to effectively play the game and LA weaving is still requisite for optimal DPS and sustain.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent damage? There's a reason trial groups want parse dd(read as, arcanist) only for non support damage.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Arcanist deals 30% more DPS than all my other characters - any class, mag or stam.
    The difference in the relation between ease of use and actual (AoE!) damage is absolutely wild. Maybe the difference on trial dummys isn't as great, but in actual content, for most people there has never been a build as OP as Arcanist.

Now, if they brought the other classes up to that level, that would be preferable. But I doubt they will.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't helpful, but knowing they would nerf Arcanist is mostly the reason I never made one (the daily stable grind being the other).
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Decent damage? There's a reason trial groups want parse dd(read as, arcanist) only for non support damage.

Players who don’t weave well can do decent damage on an Arcanist or Oakensorc (~75k). You still need to perfect that timing to break 100k on Arcanist or any class.

But you and others make a good point that different classes should shine in different damage situations (not talking just of the parse dummy). Arcanist are certainly BiS with multiple targets. I feel that Sorc should be in a similar tier if storm/lightning skills were better and I would really enjoy playing that. Nightblades single target burst. Necro should be king of DoTs, maybe if they had more amongst their actual class skills…
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be nerfed way, WAY more imo.

For PVE It's currently the easiest class to play as a DD and it also happens to be the strongest. It's the best class for AOE fights and among the best for single target, and all of it comes from 1 single, over tuned skill. That goes against all logical game design principals and has completely killed any diversity in group content. Not to mention it's skills are so garish and ugly that they mix with the rest of ESO's visual design about as well as well as Coca Cola and Mentos. But that's just personal taste so I digress.

Don't worry though, as soon as a new class is released it will be nerfed to the group just like necro. So enjoy it for now I guess but I'd start considering a sorc or DK just in case.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does get old, new class nice perks, then a little before the next expansion let's tone it down a little.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not nerfed as much i thought theyd be. probably another round coming.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    After all, Arcanists are dangerous (NOT) in PVP and too much fun and cool for PVE. Why leave them stronger if you can render a punch in the skills? Make them worse and less fun.

Well done.

Really? Arcanist are 90% of top leaderboard in trials.
    They were totally broken and a P2W class as usual.
    Nerf is not near enough
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭

Don’t be so hateful. Arcanists are not some huge threat in PVP — maybe with some proc sets and if so those are the problem to be nerfed.

Or do you resent that players without perfect weaving can do decent damage on Arcanist? I say decent, since it still takes a deal of work on timing to break through 100k.
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »

Breaks the game? Please.

Templar jabs should be reverted both to its former effectiveness and appearance instead of the inane vampiric shovel.

Velothi does not need a nerf either — it’s GOOD there are different ways to effectively play the game and LA weaving is still requisite for optimal DPS and sustain.

Come on now, the "different ways to play effective" shouldn't be the easiest with the most DPS output...

A Nightblade with a far more complex rotation shouldn't do less damage than a rotation which contains: "Flail > Flail > 5 sec Beam..... > Flail > Flail > 5 sec Beam..... congatulation you have more damage than all other classes" with Buffs you need to reapply every 30 seconds, which also gives you passively Major Brutality just by slotting it.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »

Well done.

I translate your post:
    Arcanist is now a bit less easy and thus a bit more like the other boring classes.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS did what it had to be done. They even need to nerf it more, as it still way too OP.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    arcanist was awful strong in pvp

- long stun
    - strong damage even with tank sets
    - giant shilds
  • Alekero
    Alekero
    ✭✭✭
    Idk for whom arcanist is strong in PvP...when only one class still dominates in arenas or cyro.
    The fact that ZOS killing the fun makes me laugh. They got old af game with clunky classes that has to be completely reworked from the ground (not getting it casual tho or toooo ez) and they release a new one with decent skills and good, fresh gameplay that brought many players back...and yet they trying to make it lame like the rest. And those "nerfs" is just a beginning. June...end of the year and so on. They will bury it like they did so many times.
    And this is definitely my last "new class char" since they 1) will ruin it anyway 2) wont bring "class change token" so i could skip all that boring grind and questing again (i play since 2014 i had enough lol).