The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[SUGGESTION] Please let us buy more storage space for items

Lixiviant
Lixiviant
✭✭✭✭
For someone who has16 characters, believe it or not, I'm short of storage space. I have ESO Plus, so that helps with the craft bag (fantastic), double bank space, and I also have (6) chests sitting at the Doomchar location. As anyone who has played ESO for years, having that many characters helps when skills are nerfed and then the builds become couch potato storage alts.

I have no problem paying for additional chests, or even earning them through endeavors or crafting writs.

Please consider this for one of your future updates!
PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 1 chest, over 100 bank spots and ~55 slots used on my main. My alts are not bank mules.

What the heck are people holding on to?
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of my storage issues come from siege equipment, which should be fixed in this upcoming update.

But we also have to save our gear from our various builds as the armory stations don't store your stuff.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

10 years of golded set pieces from 20 different PvP metas.

also too lazy to use alts to store everything.

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭

Writs, surveys, maps, companion gear, player gear for different builds, consumables, items to be sold in guilds, there's also lots of fragments that take up space. I've got a bunch of dwemer construct body parts on my main character that I can't do anything with until I get every piece.
    I do have a fair bit of furniture that I can dump at a warehouse-house though that may help with storage. I hadn't considered that as an option.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 1 chest, over 100 bank spots and ~55 slots used on my main. My alts are not bank mules.

As a digital hoarder who regularly has trouble and needs to clear out space for newer stuff, I still have to agree with this sentiment. I know I’m holding onto a lot more than I should, for various reasons, some of which have been helped along the way.

If truth be told, I know I have all sorts of things in storage that I just need to discipline myself to make the time to carefully go through every character and get rid of what I don’t really need. Sadly, that’s easier said than done. I would much rather just play the game in the limited time I have.

The sticker book helped a lot and I was able to get rid of so many things thanks to that. But I’ve still kept holding onto things that have dropped in the Divine trait just in case I ever need them, thinking that somehow they would feel more real than a sticker book re-creation. I really need to bite the bullet and let those go too! 😂

TTC is the other thing that helped me learn how to let go of things, because it gives you an estimated price of what something might sell for on guild traders. Before, I was holding onto lots of stuff, not having time to do the work to see what it might be worth, and afraid of selling it at a much lower price than it could go for. Thanks to TTC I can get a rough estimate of what may sell for so it’s easier for me to list things on guild trader without fear of undercutting myself. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing. I usually price the items a little bit lower than what TTC says just in the hopes that they will sell quickly so I can put more stuff up to free more slots.

There’s also furnishings. I’ve got three storage houses right now full of furnishings. I wish I could actually use those houses for something else other than storage. I just don’t want to let go of those furnishings in case I need them for a project someday! 🤪

I say all of this after having bought every extra available storage slot a person can buy in this game or any game I’ve ever played along the way. For some, taking care of inventory is easy. For others, it becomes a challenge that follows them throughout every game.
    Edited by Elvenheart on March 6, 2024 8:03PM
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was the most frequently mentioned issue in the interviews. the ZOs explained this as a limitation imposed by performance issues and promised to improve it in the future (in a less direct way). I believe the U41 siege equipment is one of the solutions and it looks good. Next I look forward to seeing my set items slots issue resolved as well :)
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    please let siege equipment stack
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭

Furniture. It's too expensive to keep re-crafting or re-buying. A Furnishing Bag akin to Craft Bag is a popular request.
    Lykeion wrote: »
    This was the most frequently mentioned issue in the interviews. the ZOs explained this as a limitation imposed by performance issues and promised to improve it in the future (in a less direct way). I believe the U41 siege equipment is one of the solutions and it looks good. Next I look forward to seeing my set items slots issue resolved as well :)

Interesting... more storage chests would be a performance issue in a way that all the ways we currently get around it (alts, mail, houses, etc.) are not? Asking in earnest, I have no idea.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please let siege equipment stack

thats coming next update (monday the 11th for PC)

for me personally as soon as we got the collection book for gear i immediately cleaned out almost all of the gear from my bank

the only gear i keep is a few now-currently unobtainable items
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, I also have a collection of every available disguise in game, and a collection of every available clothing piece (the non-armor stuff you get from theft or loot) in game. :)
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yes, siege equipment. Being able to stack that stuff would really help.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know how to *get* the rest of the chests. I only have the one from leveling.

And this account dates to 2013. I guess I don't feel the need to hold on to 20 million gear sets and stuff. Always interesting to see what people hold on to though.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even know how to *get* the rest of the chests. I only have the one from leveling.

And this account dates to 2013. I guess I don't feel the need to hold on to 20 million gear sets and stuff. Always interesting to see what people hold on to though.
    You can buy the other chests (some with 60 item limit, some with 30) from Rolis Hlaalu using master writ vouchers.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

You can buy the other chests (some with 60 item limit, some with 30) from Rolis Hlaalu using master writ vouchers.

Ah. I'll never have them then, I don't do master writs. I don't have the traits for the higher payout ones, and I refuse to do a million 2 voucher alchemy writs to get them.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or with crowns, by accessing the "purchase" pane inside the housing screen. I don't advise that option.... HORRIBLY expensive.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree. Good point.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah. I'll never have them then, I don't do master writs. I don't have the traits for the higher payout ones, and I refuse to do a million 2 voucher alchemy writs to get them.
    You don't need to do a large number of writs. You can buy some high-voucher writs from guild stores, fill them and hand them in, then use the vouchers to buy the chests. In order words, you're investing some gold to (indirectly) buy the chests. I did exactly that (buying jewelry writs giving roughly 60 vouchers each, before the jewelry materials update recently) to buy several of the 60 item and 30 item chests.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100% agree. Good point.
    I think more storage space should be provided free, i.e. just added to the base game, and that we shouldn't have to pay for it.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen. The sort of things they've done to "prune" the database.... if you want more fun stuff to do in game, you are NOT going to get more storage. Everything they've done in the last few years has been "nickel and dime" changes to allow more database options for content.

Nope. Not getting more storage.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing storage space won't solve the problem because players will just fill up all those slots, too. The real problem is inventory management. Don't keep everything.
    PCNA
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    About the only thing I could see them doing would be offering another pet storage crown store item like the packrat etc.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetroll?
    Someone keep stealing them.
    Edited by TempPlayer on March 7, 2024 2:20AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    Sweetroll?
    Someone keep stealing them.

I don't really hold onto anything. I consider myself a "minimalist". I play only pve, and I don't mess with pve endgame; I don't do dungeons or trials - or any group content.

So I don't hoard.... anything.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »

Writs, surveys, maps, companion gear, player gear for different builds, consumables, items to be sold in guilds, there's also lots of fragments that take up space. I've got a bunch of dwemer construct body parts on my main character that I can't do anything with until I get every piece.
    I do have a fair bit of furniture that I can dump at a warehouse-house though that may help with storage. I hadn't considered that as an option.

That, plus PvP gear and siege, and transmutes on all of my characters now. I am trying to fill up the sticker book for monster helms and shoulders and keep all of a set until I complete it.

Many of my characters have multiple builds with different gear sets.

Some of us do a lot of different activities. They all require stuff and it adds up.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I managed to get them. Never bought a writ. Took ages, but just doing ones you can, you'll eventually have enough.
    Also, alchemy and provisioning writs give more mats as rewards then they cost, so they're good long term.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree. Good point.
    I think more storage space should be provided free, i.e. just added to the base game, and that we shouldn't have to pay for it.

I'd like to see one more purchasable bank space (10 spaces) added each chapter.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, as someone who plays all of his 20 characters I am alway short on space as well. There are even new armory specs I want to make and can't due to space issues.

For me a few things would help immensely:
    1: Master writ bag. I get so many of those, all my characters are full of them. And I am now down to only doing daily crafting quests on 4 characters per day. (I save these for the double exp events)
    2: Survey bag. Surveys stack, but every new released zone I need more space to store them. I only run these when I am out of materials. As it is too timeconsuming to do them otherwise. (without add-ons the locations are sometimes really hard to find, mark it on the map once we have found the location once(do the same for treasure maps))
    3: Furniture bag. Right now I have three major houses I use for furniture storage space. That ain't right. Two of them are full.

These are basically the three main space takers for me.

We need atleast 2000 bankslots and 500 inventory slots. More is always better!

PS: I also desperately want more character slots, atleast 50. This MYM I wanted to make a new PvP character, but couldn't. And I won't delete any of my fleshed out characters nor make a new account that doesn't have access to all my bought stuff(outfits/mounts/pets/etc). (Lost sales: atleast 1 outfit slot/2 armory slots/Cyrodiil skyshards/who knows what else.)
    Edited by Sarannah on March 7, 2024 7:13AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with giving more of anything is it'll be consumed and then demanded again. WoW gives 50 char slots; every day there's a new "we need more character slots" thread. They also have inventory space threads regularly, and concensus is always the same. They give more space, you'd fill it and ask for more again.

Where's it end? I have no idea.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok say you get your extra space, you know what'd happen? you'd fill it up in under a week.

the problem isn't the amount of slots avaiable, it's how well you goven them, I mean think about it, we are looking at what, 2 loadouts + consumeables + buff foods, which is a total of 38 out of 215

so the question is, where the heck are the rest of your slots going?

you hording stuff over trivial small reasons or otherwise hanging onto things for no real purpose or reason other than some vain hope that we both know won't come to pass.

it's time to wake up, clear out the clutter
    Decon gear sets you aint using, you can also reconstruct them later using some of the many, many transmutes avaiable
    Use or sell the furnshings that clog your bag, no point hanging onto them
    do your crafting surveys
    sell or use your treasure maps
    sell or use your sealed writs

tl;dr stop hording junk
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭

100% agree. Good point.

I'd like to see one more purchasable bank space (10 spaces) added each chapter.

It's simply more difficult to manage bank space with every DLC, because they increase the diversity of storeable objects. For a start, Gold Road will introduce at least three new style materials.