Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

aaaaaaaaanyone besides me reconsidering giving zos 60$ for gold road?

• agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no i am def still buying gold road.. all companies have errors after all.
    I look at this from a slightly different perspective.

1. Is the game quality good? Necrom was absolutely a return to top form, so hopefully Gold Road will be awesome

2. When there are bugs/errors, what is ZoS doing about it? Recently communication has been better, even pretty good. And efforts to fix problems have been speedy even over the weekend. Any game as complex as ESO is going to have the occasional problem - it's how those problems are addressed that bothers me.

3. Is the game moving in the right direct? Since Necrom, it really is. I can't wait to see what they have in store for Cyrodiil later this year and I'm am praying to Meridia (the one true god) that it's good.

So yeah, take my money ;)
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got it gifted.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This'll be the first one I've purchased on PC since Morrowind (bought Necrom before changing platforms back to PC - what a waste of money), getting the collection edition, no qualms here.

You think the bugs here are an issue? You should try New World! :D
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll still pre-order since I want the raven pet, but will most likely wait until I've seen it on PTS.
    Edited by Kendaric on March 4, 2024 12:58PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I didn’t preorder yet, I usually use my summers for outdoor things, and put off buying the newest Chapter until fall when I will actually play.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works
      Options
    • Adremal
      Adremal
      ✭✭✭✭
      maybe. but just calm thyself a bit
      Good thing I started Necrom before High Isle because if I had only play High Isle I wouldn't have even renewed ESO+. Hopefully Gold Road will improve on Necrom and not devolve into something like High Isle. I'm not holding my breath because there seems to be a cycle of terrible > good > terrible > good ever since Blackwood (which was terrible) > Deadlands (good) &c.
      Options
    • Jestir
      Jestir
      ✭✭✭✭
      We are 10 years in with this game we know what this game is and who the people are who make it. If the past 3 "blunders" are such a big issue why did you even get the expansion in the first place?
      Options
    • dcam86b14_ESO
      dcam86b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Been supporting the game and the community for 10yrs , I won't be slowing down anytime soon.
      Options
    • Veinblood1965
      Veinblood1965
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I pre-ordered but after the recent lowering of the PVP population cap I'm done with ESO after I work my way through the new expansion.
      Options
    • Arizona_Steve
      Arizona_Steve
      ✭✭✭✭
      I never preorder games or DLC. I see too many people getting burned.
      Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
      Options
    • BenTSG
      BenTSG
      ✭✭✭✭
      yes. i wont be buying it
      Cobble123 wrote: »
      £60? No.

£25 on CDKeys the night before release? Yes as always.

My man, me too!
      Options
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I never preorder games or DLC. I see too many people getting burned.

It is always best to wait until it hits PTS.

I don't always follow that advice, but Necrom was an improvement from the Era of Western Skyrim and Blackwood. ZOS seems to be better at making new areas than trying to recreate old areas. Gold Road is an old area.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
      Options
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't have any issues with the game and understand that a 10+ year old game with an outdated engine is going to have problems when adding new content or updating existing content. ZOS doesn't create problems on purpose, some players act like they are intentionally doing this, which they are not. Plus, they cannot test every single scenario for every single player with every single PC configuration to make sure there won't be any problems.

I've given ZOS a ton of money over the years, and I'm sticking with them til the end. ;)
      CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
      Options
    • WhosTheFancyOneNow
      WhosTheFancyOneNow
      ✭✭✭
      yes. i wont be buying it
      C_Inside wrote: »
      Let's look at what you'll actually be getting in this chapter:
      - A ton of useless, mind numbingly easy overland content that will be of no consequence to the greater Elder Scrolls lore. Bonus points for the story pertaining to a race that already has a bunch of overland zones already dedicated to them.
      - A spell scribing system that will either be obsolete on arrival if the spells that can be made are weaker than the skills available already, or massively overpowered, in which case it will make existing skills obsolete. Either way something will be made obsolete.
      - A bunch of mythics. Some of which might be good. Because we don't already have good mythics in the game and you totally need new ones right?
      - 1 new trial that you'll get bored of after 3-4 runs. It might have some good sets though. Because we don't already have good sets in the game and you totally need new ones right?
      - Some new cosmetics that can be earned in game without needing to pay extra... so long as you pay extra to actually buy the chapter.

If the chapter was like 5 euro max I'd probably buy it. 5 euro for a few hours of content that I won't ever touch again seems fair. But there's no way I'm spending 40 euro on this. 40 euro where I live is enough to buy food for a month.

i hear you. i live in the usa and 40 euros buys me my months worth of rice and beans which is what i mostly eat every day. not a lot of room for luxury items like a gold road in a budget and i sure wont be making an effort to try to afford it either given the general attitude of zos and their incompetence 60$ for the full upgrade is what i thought i would do when gold road was announced. i def don't regret not buying necrom. i dont forsee any regrets passing on gold road as things have played out the last couple of months.

Edited by WhosTheFancyOneNow on March 4, 2024 6:43PM
      Options
    • WhosTheFancyOneNow
      WhosTheFancyOneNow
      ✭✭✭
      yes. i wont be buying it
      ADarklore wrote: »
      I don't have any issues with the game and understand that a 10+ year old game with an outdated engine is going to have problems when adding new content or updating existing content. ZOS doesn't create problems on purpose, some players act like they are intentionally doing this, which they are not. Plus, they cannot test every single scenario for every single player with every single PC configuration to make sure there won't be any problems.

I've given ZOS a ton of money over the years, and I'm sticking with them til the end. ;)

i dont think it's intentional. it's incompetence.
      Edited by WhosTheFancyOneNow on March 4, 2024 6:41PM
      Options
    • BXR_Lonestar
      BXR_Lonestar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No. Already through my money at the screen. So long as I see Riggurt, Raz'm Dar, Stibbons & Lady Laurant, or other favorites, I'll be a happy gamer.
      Options
    • Twig_Garlicshine
      Twig_Garlicshine
      ✭✭✭✭
      yes. i wont be buying it
      The "3 blunders" have no bearing on my choice.
      Last expansion I bought was High Isle.
      Nor do I buy dlcs etc anymore.
      When my friends list emptied due to continual and longstanding PvP issues,
      I no longer saw the point in supporting the PvE side of things.
      Edited by Twig_Garlicshine on March 4, 2024 3:21PM
      Options
    • JanTanhide
      JanTanhide
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Already bought the deluxe upgrade version and have no qualms about it. Not sure what "blunders" you are talking about.

Another poster mentioned communication from ZOS. Well, lately I've gotten a few "communications" from ZOS which I didn't expect and was quite happy about it. So I think their communication with the players has improved, at least to me.

This game is still a great game and draws me in every day. It plays well on my PC and has very few issues that I can directly attribute to the game and not my PC/Internet.

Have a fun day everyone!
      Options
    • Fenris_Arainai
      Fenris_Arainai
      ✭✭✭✭
      I already bought it. It wasn't 60$. And what blunders? You mean the daily problems? And finally: make poll answers without personal bias. I'm not voting in that!
      Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      No, I'm not reconsidering my decision to preorder as zos hasn't given me a reason to do so.
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      Options
    • AScarlato
      AScarlato
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Destai wrote: »
      I cancelled my preorder.

I was all aboard after the reveal, but the rash of fiascos made me realize that this game is a wait-for-sale value for me.

Seeing older systems like events and login rewards have issues this year, most of which seemed preventable, makes me concerned for the new content.

I'm also tired of seeing “we’re working on improving communication” from a game approaching 10 years old.

I hope this year is a success and the features are strong. I hope they can correct course from what seems to be a rocky start to the year.

I didn't even know you could cancel a preorder. I just submitted my request to cancel mine. I think given recent events, I will wait for reviews from players as to how it all turned out. By then it will probably be on sale anyway.
      Options
    • ceruulean
      ceruulean
      ✭✭✭
      I voted for the wrong option, I meant to select "maybe."

I already spent a bunch of money since Necrom. I enjoyed its content, but given how the Necromancer U41 changes are a spit in the face, and if ZoS anti-AoE taunt stance is going to continue, then not even Scribing from the new chapter is going to convince me to buy it, because it won't offer anything new. If Scribing is going to make necromancer lose their EC niche, just like how Arcanist made brittledens pointless, and ZoS doesn't seem to care about the imbalance of classes, then yeah I'm already bored of playing a game where every trifecta or hardmode attempt boils down to "bring 3/6 arcanist to dungeon/raid"
      Options
    • Elvenheart
      Elvenheart
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Preordered on the first day. Even if the ONLY thing that was coming out was Scribing I would have still done that. Everything else is just icing on the anniversary cake, and what wonderful icing it sounds like it will be! 🎂

ESO has brought me lots of joy for these past 10 years, and I’m very attached to my characters and can’t wait to take them into a new part of Tamriel, learn new skills, meet a new Daedric Prince, and everything else there will be to do later in the year!
      Options
    • Vulkunne
      Vulkunne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i think these 3 blunders so close together and my perception
      of zos attitude towards me in general have sealed the deal

Yeah I'll probably buy it. Similar to the Gold Coast and Summer Isles, I've always wanted to return to Skingrad/Colovia as this was one of my favorite places to visit in Oblivion, aside from Chorrol/Bruma.

Looking forward to it, certainly more so than High Isle expansion, which in fairness in the end I actually enjoyed visiting.
      Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
      Options
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It really hurts me to say it, particularly because it is the 10th anniversary and I've already been playing for 10 years (in at beta)... but High Isle broke it for me. I didn't buy Necrom until it was in the sales, and I probably won't buy this chapter until it is on sale too.

I say "probably" because it really does hurt even to say I won't pre-order, because I've been playing continuously since beta, I have the monkey, I have the mount... the 10th anniversary should be a BIG thing. And I can't see that it will be, andthat makes me sad.

But it has nothing to do with recent glitches. If I were concerned with bugs, loss of playtime, loss of rewards, I'd have stopped playing ages ago!
      Options
    • merpins
      merpins
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      For me it depends on Scribing. Gonna wait for the PTS on it, see all the skills they're adding and what they do, the limitations of the system, everything you need to do to get the skills... Then I'll decide if it's worth it for me. It's opening a lot of options up, magic damage and bleed damage builds (my two favorite playstyles due to a couple sets I like) might see some fantastic new options due to the system. Key word is might. The bow skill they showed is neat, but if all the skills have alternative utility that makes them clunky to use like that one, I'll probably pass on it for now.
      Options
    • WhosTheFancyOneNow
      WhosTheFancyOneNow
      ✭✭✭
      yes. i wont be buying it
      I already bought it. It wasn't 60$. And what blunders? You mean the daily problems? And finally: make poll answers without personal bias. I'm not voting in that!

the poll answers reflect bias of the answerer. on says maybe i'll reconsider, one says no i wont reconsider and the last one say yes ill reconsider. each answer has it's own bias unique to the answer. asking for an answer without bias is like asking for icecream without any flavor.... so here's your glass of milk with a cup of ice. enjoy???
      Options
    • moderatelyfatman
      moderatelyfatman
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm going to wait until I hear the reviews from people on the PTS.

If we get the sort of feedback like we got from High Isle ("Oakensoul is broken and can't possibly be allowed in it's current form!") then I will not buy the expansion until the issue is fixed.

If the reviews are merely lacklustre then I will wait until the expansion is half price and play something other than ESO in the mean time.
      Options
    • moderatelyfatman
      moderatelyfatman
      ✭✭✭✭
      I look at this from a slightly different perspective.

1. Is the game quality good? Necrom was absolutely a return to top form, so hopefully Gold Road will be awesome

2. When there are bugs/errors, what is ZoS doing about it? Recently communication has been better, even pretty good. And efforts to fix problems have been speedy even over the weekend. Any game as complex as ESO is going to have the occasional problem - it's how those problems are addressed that bothers me.

3. Is the game moving in the right direct? Since Necrom, it really is. I can't wait to see what they have in store for Cyrodiil later this year and I'm am praying to Meridia (the one true god) that it's good.

So yeah, take my money ;)

I really don't consider Necrom a return to top form: the writing and storyline was kind of meh. It was a return to yet another threat to all reality that each expansion has done. I did enjoy the lore regarding the new Daedric prince, though.

As such, I think Necrom was a move in the right direction. But when a game has been declining for such a long time, it has a long way to go before it reaches it's previous heights.
      Options
    • Haenk
      Haenk
      ✭✭✭✭
      Considering the complexity of the game, I think it is in good shape.
      Sure, bugs and downtimes are annoying, but it's by far not to the extent, I would have to boycott the game.
      Options
    This discussion has been closed.