Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

aaaaaaaaanyone besides me reconsidering giving zos 60$ for gold road?

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

Have not preordered yet, there is still plenty of time to see how things go. I probably still will, though.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already bought it. The day it became available.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no i am def still buying gold road.. all companies have errors after all.
    I've already preordered it and have no regrets. Looking forward to it. :smile:
    Options
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't find an appropriate option for me.

I haven't preordered. I think, I'll buy it short time after release or at autumn event.
    Anyway, last issues didn't change my mind about it. I trust them. I keep my account subscribed.
    As for issues, well, schift happens. Who knows, may be a jubilee fever is adding some dizziness :)
    Options
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭

... no preorder, waiting for sale a few weeks later

the same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?
    the same procedure as every year, James.

Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Its the next best thing I can get for the unarmed/barehanded skill line.

How will the next chapter do this?
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    i always say i am not pre ordering the next expansion, i always buy the expansion. i have already pre ordered this one
    Options
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even have Necrom yet xD what makes you think im getting gold road.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably buy it when it goes on big sale as I've done with every chapter after Elsweyr. They just haven't been worth full price to me. Not only do I find their writing not being up to standard and disappointing, but it also feels like we get less content for the same price.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't bought it yet, but definitely on the agenda.

Companies have blunders. There'd have to be a major, gamebreaking messup that persisted for a month or so to get me to stop, and nothing has been major or gamebreaking for me.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what "3 blunders" are you talking about? Depending on what measures you are using, there could be any number of blunders over the past few weeks.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    what "3 blunders" are you talking about? Depending on what measures you are using, there could be any number of blunders over the past few weeks.

So we’re now at 4 issues with regular systems like stickerbook, achievements, events, and log-in rewards. They all feel like things that should have been caught in testing.
    • Orsinium event: There was an issue where perfected weapons dropped on normal.
    • Crafter's Celebration: Deconstruction refunds were not aligned to the event discount on Reconstruction costs.
    • Whitestrake’s Mayhem Event: The achievement to earn "Star-made Knight" can’t be completed because of a removed item. The item (Pelinial's Scroll) was removed in favor of a passive bonus.
    • Daily Login Rewards: Orsinium was granted as a login reward but couldn’t be accepted.

Edited by Destai on March 4, 2024 2:27PM
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe. but just calm thyself a bit
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    issues happen, and all things considered, the response to both the crafters event and the daily login issues were very fast. ZOS corrected the transmute issue within hours of it being reported.

they brought people in on a weekend to address the daily login rewards, which was fast, and they could have easily put it off till monday.

honestly, response times have gotten better regarding issues not slower.

10 year old game, issues are going to happen. and i have witnessed worse issues in those 10 years. this wasn't all that bad in comparison.

that said, what you do with your wallet is up to you, and its understandable, and i empathize. I just request that you do the same for those of us that choose to buy it.

Coming in on the weekend for an emergency fix happens in any company that makes software and has such a serious issue.

It sucks to be the employee often in that case (depending on how well they are paid) but that is the reality of having software available for others.

Waiting until Monday would have caused more days to be lost with more problems. Not sure what will happen for those who couldn't get it on that day. Will they be one day behind for the rest of the month? Just wondering.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other!
    I didn't pre-purchased. My plan was to wait and see. I will stick to it.

Side question: What blunders?
    Edited by DreamyLu on March 4, 2024 4:47AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already pre-ordered, and would probably buy it anyway.

That said, all of these blunders in a row / few short months does not paint a good look on ZoS.
    They've got an interesting year planned though, but I have to wonder what's going on with their QA side if these "simple" issues got past onto the live servers.

Not a single person at ZoS thought half price reconstruct, full price decon, would be good??
    I mean, maybe they expected better of the community to not exploit it but.

I can see the daily log in reward slipping by a few testers on the ZoS server, but it happening at the same time as these other issues isn't good.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $60? I go the CE upgrade for like 40€.

So no I don't regret it. Still looking forward to scribing.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Other
    If they manage to make Arcanist less monotone (by giving some kind of choice for building Crux) I will stay. Otherwise I already canceled my Account. No need for waiting around (since my other Maincharacter is Necromancer. dont want to talk about that one even)
    Honestly, I am tired of Devs not even reading Feedback and not communicating with the playerbase. Not okay in 2024.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it doesn't cost 60.
    it's 39,99 for the standard upgrade.
    and 54,99 for the deluxe upgrade.

i already pre purchased and i'm not refunding it due to a few recent bugs.
    i'm looking forward to Gold Road which is why i bought it.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe later in the year I will think about getting it but not for reasons mentioned, I have a lot of rl stuff going on from spring to autumn.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    issues happen, and all things considered, the response to both the crafters event and the daily login issues were very fast. ZOS corrected the transmute issue within hours of it being reported.

they brought people in on a weekend to address the daily login rewards, which was fast, and they could have easily put it off till monday.

honestly, response times have gotten better regarding issues not slower.

10 year old game, issues are going to happen. and i have witnessed worse issues in those 10 years. this wasn't all that bad in comparison.

that said, what you do with your wallet is up to you, and its understandable, and i empathize. I just request that you do the same for those of us that choose to buy it.

Coming in on the weekend for an emergency fix happens in any company that makes software and has such a serious issue.

It sucks to be the employee often in that case (depending on how well they are paid) but that is the reality of having software available for others.

Waiting until Monday would have caused more days to be lost with more problems. Not sure what will happen for those who couldn't get it on that day. Will they be one day behind for the rest of the month? Just wondering.

yes i seem to be one day behind now last day has been made unavailable
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because even though I am disappointed with what Gold Road has to offer, ESO is a great game and I plan to play for many more years.

Thing can go wrong sometimes, that's life. Even though it really shouldn't have happened, ZOS were on top of it right away in all cases.
    Edited by Sarannah on March 4, 2024 7:07AM
    Options
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    Let's look at what you'll actually be getting in this chapter:
    - A ton of useless, mind numbingly easy overland content that will be of no consequence to the greater Elder Scrolls lore. Bonus points for the story pertaining to a race that already has a bunch of overland zones already dedicated to them.
    - A spell scribing system that will either be obsolete on arrival if the spells that can be made are weaker than the skills available already, or massively overpowered, in which case it will make existing skills obsolete. Either way something will be made obsolete.
    - A bunch of mythics. Some of which might be good. Because we don't already have good mythics in the game and you totally need new ones right?
    - 1 new trial that you'll get bored of after 3-4 runs. It might have some good sets though. Because we don't already have good sets in the game and you totally need new ones right?
    - Some new cosmetics that can be earned in game without needing to pay extra... so long as you pay extra to actually buy the chapter.

If the chapter was like 5 euro max I'd probably buy it. 5 euro for a few hours of content that I won't ever touch again seems fair. But there's no way I'm spending 40 euro on this. 40 euro where I live is enough to buy food for a month.
    Options
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are these three blunders? Maybe it's that I only play part-time these days, but I really don't know what these are...
    Edited by Anumaril on March 4, 2024 7:44AM
    Options
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will most definitely buy, on three of my accounts. My wife on two.
    Not on release, unless the weather is bad over summer, then maybe.
    Edited by Ragnork on March 4, 2024 8:00AM
    Options
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    Anumaril wrote: »
    What are these three blunders? Maybe it's that I only play part-time these days, but I really don't know what these are...

That would be, I believe, the PvP event going to a passive buff and removing the scroll item which results in no one able to get the achievement for using the scroll anymore, the Crafters Event came with a transmute exploit that was instantly picked up on by the community (Could construct a item for like 12 stones, and breaking it back down again would give back 25 stones), and now the free DLC giveaway that automatically flagged as unclaimed even if you logged in, unable to be claimed and causing you to lose the last day of rewards because of it
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    already bought the upgrade.

That's why I'm unsubscribing plus. What's the point when I can't get latest content through subscription?
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already prepurchased it.
    Options
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-purchased it immediately after the reveal. I play most of the day, every day and I can’t see this changing anytime in the future. I worried that Starfield would have to compete for my time but it’s become my activity during maintenance and there is nothing else of interest to me around or on the horizon.
    Options
  • Cobble123
    Cobble123
    ✭✭✭
    £60? No.

£25 on CDKeys the night before release? Yes as always.
    Options
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe. but just calm thyself a bit
    Depends on how Scrying turns out.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.