The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

aaaaaaaaanyone besides me reconsidering giving zos 60$ for gold road?

WhosTheFancyOneNow
WhosTheFancyOneNow
✭✭✭
i think these 3 blunders so close together and my perception
of zos attitude towards me in general have sealed the deal
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 7, 2024 2:59PM

aaaaaaaaanyone besides me reconsidering giving zos 60$ for gold road? 238 votes

yes. i wont be buying it
24%
Caligamy_ESOpmn100b16_ESOAlienSlofqwaurckBloodWolfeLonestrydershadyjane62jcacereswDestaipeter1488TyharVajaxPurpleScrollcasparianBenTSGduaglothKlauthWarthogStaticWaveStarlight_KnightFR0STDEE 58 votes
maybe. but just calm thyself a bit
17%
Tytaencalitrumanb14_ESODarcyMardinAkynathosp_tsakirisb16_ESOShagrethJack-0I_killed_VivecRebornV3xLixiviantAylishDread_VikingmeekmikoLady_LindelLadyLavinaJierdanitLikiLokirothan117GiuliettaPrax3des 42 votes
no i am def still buying gold road.. all companies have errors after all.
57%
Maddjujuwrrn519_ESOSakiriBelegnoledcam86b14_ESOGlassHalfFullRedTalonWuffyCeruleiKendaricVriendanwilliams2107b16_ESOItsGlaivefreespiritLarsSDenverRalphyEldartarHamfastTheDarkRulerElvenheartKarminathevamp 138 votes
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been on the fence about it even before these "3 blunders" so, haha.... who knows.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prepurchased it shortly after it first became available, and have no qualms about doing so.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I prepurchased it shortly after it first became available, and have no qualms about doing so.

Likewise.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already preordered it as it looked good. I was also in an eso stint but got bored of the game after the month it took me to clear Necrom, in its entirety.

Assuming I’ll get a month out of Gold Road too then be done for the year.
    Edited by AScarlato on March 3, 2024 11:10PM
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    I have plenty else to do anyway with so many basic accounts needing crafters. I can easily keep busy for another year not spending any money if needs be.
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What errors? I don’t see anything that’s happened recently as a problem. I see routine hiccups in the service of an MMO. To each their own though.
  • CenturionExplorer
    CenturionExplorer
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered it, i very recently returned and wanted the arcanist class, it was either the golden road collection or the Necrom collection. Almost same price.
    The only DLC i have completed are Summerset, so i got tons of stuff to do.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    I cancelled my preorder.

I was all aboard after the reveal, but the rash of fiascos made me realize that this game is a wait-for-sale value for me.

Seeing older systems like events and login rewards have issues this year, most of which seemed preventable, makes me concerned for the new content.

I'm also tired of seeing “we’re working on improving communication” from a game approaching 10 years old.

I hope this year is a success and the features are strong. I hope they can correct course from what seems to be a rocky start to the year.
    Edited by Destai on March 4, 2024 12:20AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would have automatically pre-ordered it in the past. I have ESO+ on 2 platforms after all (PC and PS5) that will run half a year or so after release. But I really want to see more response to the community and other things. Not sure what I will do.

I would be likely to buy the deluxe version if I do, but I do have plenty of mounts now already.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, but now I'm not even sad about it. ZOS can't so much as sneeze without something being broken.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been in this “relationship” for 9-10 years now. I’m not stuck with ZOS, ZOS is stuck with me. LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AScarlato wrote: »
    I already preordered it as it looked good. I was also in an eso stint but got bored of thr game after the month it took me to clear Ncrom, in its entirety.

I used to play Elder Scrolls and other games that way-- intense, focused, wanting to do everything as quickly as I could-- but ESO actually broke me of that, changing the way I play games in general. Now I just chill, playing each game at a more relaxed pace, not worrying about how long it takes me to "finish" a game. Instead, I try to focus more on "living" within a game while I'm playing it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    AScarlato wrote: »
    I already preordered it as it looked good. I was also in an eso stint but got bored of thr game after the month it took me to clear Ncrom, in its entirety.

I used to play Elder Scrolls and other games that way-- intense, focused, wanting to do everything as quickly as I could-- but ESO actually broke me of that, changing the way I play games in general. Now I just chill, playing each game at a more relaxed pace, not worrying about how long it takes me to "finish" a game. Instead, I try to focus more on "living" within a game while I'm playing it.

I work full time and played necrom casually. Few hours here and there. If I played intensely I’d have been done with it in a couple weekends probably.

I just don’t think the year of Necrom in its entirety offered enough to keep my interest any longer even with casual gameplay. Least I got it on sale for like $12.
    Edited by AScarlato on March 3, 2024 11:17PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their presentation was excessively vague. After Necrom, I am going to be cautious for future chapters.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    Not buying it any time soon.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wondered whether a refund would be entertained, or if they will just laugh.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    No attention to Cyrodiil PvP in 2024 = no $ for ZOS from me in 2024. (lowering the population cap yet again is totally the wrong kind of attention)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't bought it yet because I'm undecided.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still buying it. Also, why $60? I think it's $39.99, no?
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what the other two blunders were but the Orsinium thing was perfectly understandable. These things happen. This didn't happen when they gave everyone Murkmire back in 2018 but something unexpected broke. That's just how design works and it sounds like a super unforseeable bug given fast travelling to fargrave and the reach somehow 'fixed' it for some players.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably end up getting it regardless for the new trial but I'll have to check it out on PTS first... we'll see...
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    They want $60 for an expansion? Really?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes. i wont be buying it
    I have no idea what "blunders" this is about but $60 is crazy for an expansion. I'll wait till fall when it's $15, like I did last year.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Lately I've learned to play less for ESO and instead play for my character in the game. There may be things about ESO and ZOS that don't go well or are disheartening, but dang do I love my character. And until TES6 comes out I will probably continue to play ESO in some aspects and continue to develop my character. Somehow looking at it that way makes me not so frustrated about errors or grievances. I'm just doing the best I can on my sorcerer in the nature of the world they exist in.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already have the basic game, the price to upgrade with the new chapter no frills is US $39.00. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the next best thing I can get for the unarmed/barehanded skill line.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    issues happen, and all things considered, the response to both the crafters event and the daily login issues were very fast. ZOS corrected the transmute issue within hours of it being reported.

they brought people in on a weekend to address the daily login rewards, which was fast, and they could have easily put it off till monday.

honestly, response times have gotten better regarding issues not slower.

10 year old game, issues are going to happen. and i have witnessed worse issues in those 10 years. this wasn't all that bad in comparison.

that said, what you do with your wallet is up to you, and its understandable, and i empathize. I just request that you do the same for those of us that choose to buy it.
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    Prepurchased. Despite some unexpected annoyances occurring randomly, I still like the game.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m going to preorder regardless, at least the digital upgrade. ESO may not be the perfect game, but there have definitely much MUCH worse recently. A few of my friends love playing a certain online cowboy game, but the lack of moderation of modders/griefers and the sheer amount of bugs in it makes any Bethesda look like a bug-free game.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be preordering for 3 accounts, just before the expiry date on the preorder mount and pet. I won't be ordering the deluxe version though - I don't really want any of the stuff included with that version.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
This discussion has been closed.