The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DLC was not much of a reward!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ignoring the troubles claiming it, I must have gotten it already on both PC and PS5 (the latter of which I have been away from for more than 4 years). Thus the "reward" was not even worth as much as the days with the Crown Drinks (which I delete).

Please try to make something that will be useful even if we already have the DLC!
PC
PS4/PS5
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I already had it on all of my four accounts. Oh well.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily rewards for the most part benefit new players. Nothing wrong at all with players that might not have the DLC getting it as a reward. I don't need riding lessons nor all kinds of other things but if those things help newer players that is good for the game and I'm happy they get that kind of stuff.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's appalling that a free reward didn't benefit me personally. If only there was a wide variety of other rewards this month like ten crown crates, 500 seals, a mount, and a pet... maybe there would be something I could be happy about. Oh well.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's appalling that a free reward didn't benefit me personally. If only there was a wide variety of other rewards this month like ten crown crates, 500 seals, a mount, and a pet... maybe there would be something I could be happy about. Oh well.

The Crown Crates are not all that valuable for most. The drop rates for anything useful, such as a mount, as so low as to be irrelevant. The rates are almost certainly much lower than they were when I remember getting a mount in one of these (and only 1, single server) a LONG time ago.

Sure, I got a few Crown gems and a couple of emotes I will never use.

The shine is off crates for me. And I have bought more than I should have in the past until I realized how unlikely I am to get anything I really want.

My point being, make sure all days have some value, not just a placeholder. Add even 1K gold, for example. That would not be of much value, but at least it would be something, like the 4K gold I think we got on the last day last month. (A day's crafting makes that.)

The point is to make a reward feel like a reward, at least if you are going to call it that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I said in another thread (I forget which), it would be nice if the rewards each day gave us a few choices, just like we have with the endeavours. Then the chance of each of us having no reward that benefits us is lower.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    The rewards are free, and this month they are insanely good. I saw people complaining a few weeks ago about endeavors that give you items you otherwise have to spend real money on. They are doing a great job IMO with the direction of rewards.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it already, but it's a pretty cool reward for newer players. Another xp scroll or some pots wouldn't make a difference to me, but a new zone (and Maelstrom weapons) would make a big difference to someone not having the DLC, so it was very nice of ZOS to offer it, especially this early in the month. I hope ZOS continues this trend of surprising us with unexpected daily log in rewards.
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    It was a day of no login rewards for those of us who already own the DLC.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be a month of no login rewards at all (apart from day 1) if the maintenance doesn't fix the issue.

And yeah, it is not a reward on any of my accounts.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's obviously not targeted at us who had it, we're not the only ones playing the game btw.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't own the DLC but I also didn't necessarily want/need it since I always pay for the sub when I'm actively playing.... but I'm not mad about it either and am just looking forward to my free crates.
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    It's obviously not targeted at us who had it, we're not the only ones playing the game btw.

Yes, but we should get a login reward just like everyone else does. ZOS set up the login reward program and should follow through so that everyone gets a reward for logging in.
    Edited by Dax_Draconis on March 3, 2024 7:30AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but we should get a login reward just like everyone else does. ZOS set up the login reward scheme and should follow through so that everyone gets a reward for logging in.

You have the right for entitlement but zos doesn't need to satisfy that extreme cases of always having something for you exactly.
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but we should get a login reward just like everyone else does. ZOS set up the login reward scheme and should follow through so that everyone gets a reward for logging in.

You have the right for entitlement but zos doesn't need to satisfy that extreme cases of always having something for you exactly.

What entitlement? They told me I get a reward for logging in. They can't reward me something I already bought. That is no reward. LOL
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So expecting something called "daily login reward" to give something is an entitlement? Really?

Basic logic should tell us that! Trying to mimic how legislatures label bills is not a good thing!

Expecting what is indicated is not entitlement, however much some claim that.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on March 3, 2024 7:43AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So expecting something called "daily login reward" to give something is an entitlement? Really?

Basic logic should tell us that! Trying to mimic how legislatures label bills is not a good thing!

Expecting what is indicated is not entitlement, however much some claim that.

If you expect everything to be made for you only then yeah, that's the book definition lol. People who had no dlc prior got the dlc and some still trying to whine their way into getting more out of it, that's kinda comic tbh in a month filled with crates and a mount.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    As I said in another thread (I forget which), it would be nice if the rewards each day gave us a few choices, just like we have with the endeavours. Then the chance of each of us having no reward that benefits us is lower.
    I kinda agree about the choice... Let Orsinium be claimable in the Crown Store, where ZOS could have been announcing it for days prior to it, and in the Daily Login Rewards we could get what... a pet? A skin? A costume? Or maybe an arms pack.

Still, I'm glad that those who do not own ESO+ got this DLC for free.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Vrelanier
    Vrelanier
    ✭✭✭
    Did they say the daily login rewards are tailor-made for every single individual player to suit their wants and or needs? Or just daily login rewards? Minimum reward for minimum effort? This month the rewards are definitely not minimum, even when we all are still only doing the minimum to get them.

I already had the dlc, I pay for ESO+, and I was super excited that people get Orsinium for free. Wrothgar is the prettiest place. I prob won't use the mount or the pet that are there later in the month, but I'm happy that I get them, and I'm esp happy that other people who like them, get them. Same for anything the crates can bring. :) I think we're lucky to get all these things, for free, even!
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the "Kingmaker" title and have defeated all world bosses related achievement, starting the 4th of March until the 1st of April, you can claim a mount and 3 costumes from the crown store. Combine that with the free crates, I say it's a pretty good reward system, especially for new players.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar is a great zone, so I'm sure those few players who didn't have it will love it. Even if I wonder how they managed not having it yet, considering how long it's been out. Isn't it part of the "game plus old chapters" bundles that newer players would have likely bought?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    Wrothgar is a great zone, so I'm sure those few players who didn't have it will love it. Even if I wonder how they managed not having it yet, considering how long it's been out. Isn't it part of the "game plus old chapters" bundles that newer players would have likely bought?

No its wasn't a chapter, so doesn't get included in collections. I have access via ESO+, but didn't have permanent access which I do now
    Soupy twist
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I wish I could get some Tri-pots instead.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrelanier wrote: »
    Did they say the daily login rewards are tailor-made for every single individual player to suit their wants and or needs? Or just daily login rewards? Minimum reward for minimum effort? This month the rewards are definitely not minimum, even when we all are still only doing the minimum to get them.

(...) I'm happy that I get them, and I'm esp happy that other people who like them, get them. Same for anything the crates can bring. :) I think we're lucky to get all these things, for free, even!
    100% correct! We just click-and-claim. WHAT we claim - that's a huge difference.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »

Nope. It's not part of those because Wrothgar is technically not a chapter.
    Includes the Necrom Chapter (available at launch in June) and immediate access to both the base game and all six previous Chapters (High Isle, Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset, and Morrowind)
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 3, 2024 9:42AM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I already had this DLC and also use eso+ all the time, so not much reward for me, but I don't complain. It's good reward and I'm happy for other people who will get it for free, also there are so many more rewards this month, so there is something for everyone.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think making it a daily login reward and not something claimable in the shop was a mistake but eh, not gonna begrudge owning Orsinium on my alt accounts.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people who would only have had Orsinium because they subscribe to ESO+, or who have no subscription and haven't bought the Chapter/DLC.

On that basis it seems like a pretty day Day Two giveaway, with plenty left for veteran players later in the month.

Personally I felt the daily rewards so far this year have been brilliant, and giving away Orsinium was a class act. I run several accounts, and I didn't have access to Wrothgar on all of them until now.

I guess no giveaway is going to please everyone all of the time, but credit where it's due!
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember that there's a cool promotion celebrating Wrothgar this month and rewarding players for doing it. Now no one can complain that it's locked behind ESO+ or owning the DLC. Which sometimes happens for DLC-based events.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should have given a choice of several daily rewards, I agree.

I propose:
    - Orsinium DLC
    - Blacksmithing Research Scroll
    - 25 Crown Poisons

I'm sure everyone would be overjoyed at the ability to choose between meaningful and unique rewards for the herculean, nay, gargantuan effort of logging in!
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes. really.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon