The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is the female Argonian body built like that of a human or khajiit female body?

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
Considering that their young come out of eggs and are not risen the same way...

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Hist shaped some Ancestor Lizards into the shape of Man, Mer, and Beast. Argonians are modeled after humanoids the Hist took a liking to, which is probably why they have breasts despite being lizards.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sentient Trees did that to encourage people to write a book called "The Lusty Argonian Maid".

It worked.

~
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on March 1, 2024 5:56PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So she can fit into the same kinda armor that everyone else wears with the only accommodotion being a tail hole.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a real answer it's because Arena only actually had 2 player models which were simply recoloured and that predates the lore about the Hist. It's the same reason the ohmes khajiit exist - to explain khajiit in Arena looking like humans/elves with tattoos.

But the lore reason is that the Hist modelled them on humans and didn't know or care which of those body parts they'd actually need, they were just copying the shape.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because its a video game. And you just compared a lizard humanoid's body to that of a cat humanoid's body.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I come, asking for khajiit females to have more breasts, because why stop at 2 and go against nature?
    The more the merrier.

I never get this kind of complaints... 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lore wise: to allow the to better interact with the other races of nirn
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, both khajiit and argonians can technically have digitigrade legs, but the last time they appeared as that and we got to play as them was in TES III.

Which is a bit different body shape.

I also assume this is mostly about having breats than their humanoid bodies? Which is simply explained by that the Hist shaped them that way. They are aesthetic only without function besides that, having no mammary glands or ***.
    Why the Hist give some of them breast has no concrete answer just theorised, but the most likely reason is to make them look more like man, mer and khajiit, so they are less likely killed and are more acceptable to the other races.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, both khajiit and argonians can technically have digitigrade legs, but the last time they appeared as that and we got to play as them was in TES III.

I also assume this is mostly about having breats than their humanoid bodies? Which is simply explained by that the Hist shaped them that way. They are aesthetic only without function besides that, having no mammary glands or ***.
    Why the Hist give some of them breast has no concrete answer just theorised, but the most likely reason is to make them look more like man, mer and khajiit, so they are less likely killed and are more acceptable to the other races.

I'm just imagining the Hist seeing all the elves and humans and collectively thinking to themselves "Dang, those are some sexy sexy bipedals. I want one of those too!"

And out plops the first Argonians from some Hist Sap or something.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a theory a while back that the Saxleel were Daedra whose Oblivion realm was Nirn.

And the Daedra can’t create, only copy…
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a theory a while back that the Saxleel were Daedra whose Oblivion realm was Nirn.

And the Daedra can’t create, only copy…

That's a misconception born from a religous and very pro aedra source in TES II, which has been proven wrong many times over the years. Daedra definitely can create, they mostly just chose not to, same as they didn't aid create Mundus, because it often requires taking something from themselves. They do it on occasion, but prefer to manipulate and use existing things and powers to do so. Both aedra and daedra are et'Ada and capable of creation.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I'm just imagining the Hist seeing all the elves and humans and collectively thinking to themselves "Dang, those are some sexy sexy bipedals. I want one of those too!"

And out plops the first Argonians from some Hist Sap or something.

Some Hist being all happy with their little changed lizards. Making a society and civilsation around their roots to help and be helped. Adorable! Wait, what are those bipedal things doing, they are harming their root dwellers and calling them nasty things! Is that one turning them into clothing?! This can't be, something needs to be done! Uhm.... oh! Imitation is sincerest form of flattery right? And those bipedals things seem to like flattery, so lets shape the root dwellers a little.
    Lets straighten that up, make those legs longer... erh good enough, on most of them. Shall we see, they got some odd trichomes, so lets try make some of those spines similar to them, yes, that will work. Hmm, what else. Oh fleshy lumps! They seem to like those, so lets add some of those, maybe three of each? No, just copy, two is good. There, complete! Hive, what do you think?
    -Unison approval and awe of how similar they all look now-
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have said visual identification of gender in the past…but now that is a touchy subject for some reason. I will say no more.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the ice age when the swamp was frozen over and the great hist tree was dormant , argonians were lower reptiles. A few cold adaptive humans seen them as food. Over time some were kept as pets. They were trained and selective breed into a form resembling the human captors. In time the argonians gained freedom and wisdom of the past. They found the swamp and the hist after thousands of years full circle. Ouroboros