The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[IA] Is there something you can do which would cause a loss of Archival Fortunes?

Grizzbeorn
Grizzbeorn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I jumped into IA this morning to complete the relevant daily endeavor (earn 1 verse).
I checked my Fortunes, just out of habit before starting, and was sitting at 1,910.
After earning the verse, I jumped back to the Index, but then I decided to stay and finish the cycle, so I could grab some extra Fortunes, to put me over 2,000.
So I went back into the Wings, and picked up where I had left off.

When I finished the cycle, and received the customary 220 Fortunes, I went back to the Index again.
I checked my Fortunes, expecting to see 2,130, but instead, I now have 1,410.

I didn't die at all during the cycle, so what could I have done to lose fortunes?
Was it going to the Index mid-cycle?
I'm confused...
    PC/NA Warden Main
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Not that I am aware of. Did you maybe buy some mystery verses?
      Soupy twist
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      fizl101 wrote: »
      Not that I am aware of. Did you maybe buy some mystery verses?

I don't think so, unless I did it by accident somehow. (I wouldn't put it past me...)
      When I came out of the Wings, I ran to Ool to see if he had anything interesting for 2,000 fortunes.
      And that is actually when I noticed I only had 1,410.

ETA:
      I mean, if there's not a known penalty toward Archival Fortunes, then I MUST have done something stoopid, so I'm not
      gonna stress it.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 29, 2024 2:08PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Ugrak
        Ugrak
        ✭✭✭
        I also seemed to lose some archival fortunes the other day. At least I think I had about 72K and after a cycle or two I went to the repair merchant where I had 71K, which puzzled me but I didn't look more deeply into it. Maybe I'm not crazy after all. :p

I guess I'll just have to pay attention and catch if it actually happens, and under what circumstances. For example repairs are supposed to cost gold, but what if they somehow consume fortunes?
        Edited by Ugrak on February 29, 2024 4:46PM
      • spartaxoxo
        spartaxoxo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        It's stupid easy to accidentally buy items in there. I caught myself doing it once.
      • Necrotech_Master
        Necrotech_Master
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        as far as im aware there are no penalties for currency, you have to explicitly buy items to reduce your currency
        plays PC/NA
        handle @Necrotech_Master
        active player since april 2014
      • Malyore
        Malyore
        ✭✭✭
        I always have my finger off any buttons when looking at the shops, since some items are instant purchases without a confirmation. Maybe that's what happened to you?