The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to understand the pathological hatred our characters have for the little things....

Auldwulfe
Auldwulfe
✭✭✭✭✭
Two examples, today, from two different characters.... one is my HA sorc... fighting a world boss in Wrothgar.... and my most hated enemy appears. So, in proper and true fashion, I destroyed that mouse, that was behind me, on the other side of a tent..... by redirecting my heavy lighting through my own chest, and the tent, just to hear that little squeak, as that HATED mouse died. Mind you, as I was already in the middle of my heavy attack, that mouse only got one tick of damage..... fortunately, it was the last one from the staff, and obliterated him in a proper fashion.

Later, in a delve, my level 30 DK with a two - handed sword, was getting ready to stampede some blood fiends... and there was a spider. Mind you, this character is female, so maybe it is just that she cannot stand spiders... but she immediately turned 90 degrees to one side, and flew down a different hallway, and got that tiny crawling spider.... not even a monster one, just a little one on the floor.....

Ok, humor aside... I have noticed that our characters are, randomly, targeting more and more things that aren't even on the screen... is this a bug ? (no pun intended) Trying to open a chest, and suddenly my character turns around, and runs 2 steps just to get a butterfly... and anger Mirri ....... wasn't on the screen, at all, but my character suddenly got a hate on for it.... and so on.

It is a touch frustrating, when you target something, it says you are targeting it, the bar for it's hitpoints is showing at the top of your screen, you hit your button, and promptly kill every single squirrel, fox, and other thing in a 60 degree cone, on the way to the target........ do our characters need training in aiming? Is there a skill line to unlock? And where would that be?

Auldwulfe

Edited by Auldwulfe on February 27, 2024 8:03AM
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about trying to deliver stuff for a crafting writ and, instead of opening the crate, you steal a weapon that shouldn't have been there in the first place. No way to explain to Isobel or Bastian your toon is apparently clinically clumsy.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about trying to deliver stuff for a crafting writ and, instead of opening the crate, you steal a weapon that shouldn't have been there in the first place. No way to explain to Isobel or Bastian your toon is apparently clinically clumsy.

That too.... or when your cursor says cooking fire, in the one little side cafe in Alinor, and you randomly steel the cooking pot instead........

Auldwulfe
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this cheeky little critters are rather skilled in attracting powerful ults. :D

Was always this way and will most probably never change.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd argue that they add flavour and they should also spawn in trials during boss encounters increasing the occurrence according to the difficulty chosen.

Bahsei HM would be much more flavourful if the adds and portals spawned thematically appropriate critters (for instance flesh colossi could spawn daedrats scurrying just outside their hitboxes, portal platforms have little swarms of ghost netches floating around them etc).

Wouldn't that be quaint and squeal-worthy?

• amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're onto something. One time, I was aiming at some dremora in a delve and threw a knife at it, only to have the knife fly backwards and hit the harmless critter behind me. I still have no idea how that happened.
    But I'm not sure if it's our characters' fault entirely, the little fellows seem to be quite suicidal on their own, deliberately walking in front of mobs and intercepting single target attacks as if asking you to put them out of their misery. At least they don't seem to be affected by aoe unless they're specifically targetted with it.
    I don't think it can be helped honestly, making them untargettable is out because sometimes you need to kill them for mats or endeavours, and adding a setting to prevent attacking them would just lead to frustration when your character refuses to use an ability because some animal wandered into the crosshairs.
    PC EU