The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil is a atrocious without max mount speed. Why isn't that added to the Battle Spirit buff?

CrashTest
CrashTest
✭✭✭✭✭
Even with Major Gallop, riding around Cyrodiil to PvP without max mount speed is pointless because by the time you get to a keep the fight is already over.

Max mount speed should be added to the battle spirit buff or added just for Cyrodiil when you enter.

The zone is already enough of a horse simulator as it is and riding a slow mount just makes it worse.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Cyrodiil so big anyway?
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know several people that are into PvP that bought riding speed lessons in crown store to speed up process for many charachters.
    That's your answer.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »
    Why is Cyrodiil so big anyway?

At launch, population caps were 600 players per alliance. There was fighting all over the map, and a large map was necessary to facilitate all those players and all those different fights. Now the cap has been reduced to… what, 50 players per alliance? Shadow of its former self.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    600 x 3. That definitely is pretty big. I've seen a lot more on Eve Online, but that's a very different thing, and there's a special way the server can slow things down there.

I wonder what the biggest Planetside 2 cap we ever had was? Dunno, 1800 sounds huge though, especially in a game where a long range skill is like 50m lol
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it was added to the crown store. As such it will not be added to battle spirit.

• BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life in Cyro without an upgraded mount feels bad man, feels real bad.

But there are things that you CAN do to make it better, like maxing out the gifted rider and the war mount CP nodes at the top of the green tree, unlocking the first passive in the Assault skill line (I believe it just takes 1 point), and from there, focus all of your mount upgrades on speed first (for my PVE characters, I always focus on bag first, but for PVP only characters, the speed goes first).

All of these things make PVP in Cyro at least playable. Quite frankly though, if your CP is too low, I'm not sure how you would realistically play in Cyro, as your group would constantly leave you behind.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max mount speed is still slow.

It should give double speed and double stamina of whatever level players have.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Max mount speed is still slow.

It should give double speed and double stamina of whatever level players have.

The movement speed is one of the aspects taken into account when determining the tactics of fighting in Cyrodiil. I don't think increasing the current speeds is necessary because it could completely disrupt how battles in Cyrodiil take place.

As for the topic itself, I don't have a definitive opinion. On one hand, it would be a nice gesture towards new players, but on the other hand, it contradicts the rest of the solutions where players don't receive missing Champion Points, skills, or equipment - everything, including mounts, needs to be earned, which provides a significant sense of progress. I'm afraid that this "gesture" would set a precedent for introducing further solutions, which raises the question - why do we need progress anyway? If everyone receives everything upfront in PvP, then why not do the same with Trials? Why don't new players entering a Trial get the option to choose the most optimal equipment, skills, and everything they lack? Why should some be treated worse than others?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't get on time to the battle, try more populated campaings, where fights tend to take much longer.
    Also park your alts at the stables and train them everyday you log in into the game.
    I really don't think the "I want it all and I want it now" philosophy fits in an RPG game.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    I know several people that are into PvP that bought riding speed lessons in crown store to speed up process for many charachters.
    That's your answer.

You can buy speed tokens?