The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Pyrelord in vVateshran bugged?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
My arcanist keeps dying after heavy attacking the orb and standing on the circle in the corner. I’m not standing in any lava, but my health disappears in 3 seconds. Yesterday I died there maybe ten times cause of this. Now I have died there 5 times. I can now easily beat the last boss, after understanding the mech and much practice, so I’m pretty sure I know what I’m doing. If it’s a bug, please fix it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on vet if you go to one of those little "fire pits" just off the arena, if you happen to go to one which has a fire in it, you will actually absorb the fire (which is a moderately high dmg dot, and required for one of the side achievements)

i usually always just stood in the lava, as you gain immunity to the lava after you heavy attack the orb

i also believe you have to be close enough to the orb to get the buff, like if you attack the orb from max range, it wont give you the buff (it usually works out up to about 10-15 meters, dont remember the exact distance but yeah need to be close to the orb to get the buff)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »
    My arcanist keeps dying after heavy attacking the orb and standing on the circle in the corner. I’m not standing in any lava, but my health disappears in 3 seconds. Yesterday I died there maybe ten times cause of this. Now I have died there 5 times. I can now easily beat the last boss, after understanding the mech and much practice, so I’m pretty sure I know what I’m doing. If it’s a bug, please fix it.

I'm assuming you're standing near the orb when you destroy it? If not, you won't become immune. Stand next to orb, smash it, and you're free to run around the entire arena while the buff lasts, there's no need to stand in any specific area.

Been running it a lot recently, and have had no issues.
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    The Devoted Torchbugs
    Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery Guildhall - Feel free to use!
    If your guild needs a crafthall, please feel free to reach out!
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    “if you happen to go to one which has a fire in it, you will actually absorb the fire”

Maybe that’s it :) Shall check next run.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you stand there? I heavy the orb then go back to killing stuff as the orb takes care of most of the floor damage (sometimes all - there does seem to be something odd about that)
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you stand there? I heavy the orb then go back to killing stuff as the orb takes care of most of the floor damage (sometimes all - there does seem to be something odd about that)

It's supposed to take care of all the floor damage, it's the same lava shield you get for crossing the lava. You break the orb and get back to the fight as normal. I think what @Necrotech_Master said about the dot dmg is only unlocked when you beat the optional boss in the area, if you didn't then you can ignore the fire.
    PC EU
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Standing in the lava is wonderful :):)
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Pro tip, if you stand on the raised area behind where he spawns then you can ignore the floor mechanic, it doesn't reach up there. You will have limited room to move though.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it doesn't give you anything even if you stand close to it