The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

What’s That One Special Thing That Would Improve Your ESO Experience

UGotBenched91
UGotBenched91
✭✭✭✭✭
What’s that one change or addition that would make your ESO experience better?

* I know how this forum can be at times, it doesn’t matter if someone’s wish is unrealistic or never going to happen.

For me it would be the removal of the cash shop and having all cosmetics and mounts earn-able through in-game deeds.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to hide all the glowy, flashy mounts/pets/skins/skills.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • wilykcat
      wilykcat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ability to change the color of hair and kahjiit fur patterns.

Add in realistic animations/physics to the game for hair, armor, clothes, etc

All quest to auto complete.

Add in wings as a cosmetic which can also enable gliding

A tinker/engineer crafting profession

A melee staff skill line and weapon type along side with fist weapons.

Add in more glitter sparkles special effects to the game for spells and dyes.

A character customization option for kahjiits to make their tails more fluffy.

Improved 3d vfx and animations for spells and abilities

For character equipment, check/uncheck to show or hide certain pieces of equipment. No need to purchase these (hide shoulders, etc) for the outfit/costume collections (forgot what it's called)
      Edited by wilykcat on February 23, 2024 2:24PM
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Having real broadband.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • Ugrak
      Ugrak
      ✭✭✭
      One thing?

Remove classes from character creation and make something like guilds for them instead.

This way you could make for example a fire frost and shock mage combining dragonknight, warden and sorcerer trees.

You could choose between being able to mix and match from all class abilities, but with generic passives. Alternatively comitting to a class/guild in an exclusionary way similar to the curses and use the passives as they are today.

Also, if you wanted class identity, this could be provided through questlines and lore surrounding these guilds. Like who are these nightblades anyway, and what's the deal with this shadow magic they use?
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Veteran overland
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    • colossalvoids
      colossalvoids
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Cash shop termination in it's current form, crates included. It's fine having some mounts and skins there, but that's should be obviously inferior to it's in-game earnable counterparts. It's still a full priced game with full priced dlcs each year to have such a clown store as it is now.
    • flubber77
      flubber77
      ✭✭✭✭
      Fixed and increased amount of players in PVP. todays pvp is just a joke. Bring back release numbers.
      Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
    • Rasande_Robin
      Rasande_Robin
      ✭✭✭✭
      A chest I can put in my home. Which I can choose who can loot it.

It will also give a report who looted it.
      PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      TaSheen wrote: »
      Having real broadband.

I’m not sure if it would be this for me or if I need a beefier computer, or both, but same. I used to be able to run Vet DLC Dungeons, Vet Trials etc. but now I struggle on dicier normal Dungeons and even some world events, like the Volcanic Vents. The issue is that things don’t load in for me in a timely manner so I’m running into enemy effects because I can’t see them and I have to guess where the boss is because it’s completely invisible for me for the first 15-30 seconds of any fight. I miss being able to run Trials reliably.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • Adremal
      Adremal
      ✭✭✭✭
      More morphs. As it stands, ESO's skill system is not unlike that of, say, Diablo 4 - it's a skill twig, not a skill tree. There are two options per skill, which are in the overwhelming majority of cases the correct one for the build, and the wrong one for the build. That's not interesting in the slightest and means everyone plays in the same exact way with few non-notable exceptions. Even "flex slots" only have so many viable options to be slotted with. Oh and please do get rid of stuff that "has to be on the bar even if you don't use it" for the passive bonuses, it's so janky.
    • Ashryn
      Ashryn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Give us a company-sanctioned way to exchange gold for crowns!
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      TaSheen wrote: »
      Having real broadband.

I’m not sure if it would be this for me or if I need a beefier computer, or both, but same. I used to be able to run Vet DLC Dungeons, Vet Trials etc. but now I struggle on dicier normal Dungeons and even some world events, like the Volcanic Vents. The issue is that things don’t load in for me in a timely manner so I’m running into enemy effects because I can’t see them and I have to guess where the boss is because it’s completely invisible for me for the first 15-30 seconds of any fight. I miss being able to run Trials reliably.

Yeah. Well, I have a much better rig (gave it to myself for Christmas) but I've had so much else going on I haven't got it set up yet. Maybe this weekend, and then we'll see! Though there's nothing you can do much about having only satellite available for connection.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      More rewards for pushing vet content past the current level of achievements. Whether that's a new, higher tier of achievements/titles, some sort of material item, or something else. Website recognition for the top scoring/fastest teams in each trial, each patch?

Idk. Give us something - anything is better than what we get now LOL.
    • MudcrabAttack
      MudcrabAttack
      ✭✭✭✭
      Better class balancing
    • loosej
      loosej
      ✭✭✭✭
      Increased pop caps for Cyrodiil, without sacrificing performance. The map of Cyrodiil just wasn't designed for 50v50v50 or whatever number it is today. Queues during primetime were already long, now that Mayhem has started they are borderline ridiculous. A 150 people queue for a game mode that lets 50 people in at a time doesn't make much sense to me.
    • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Remove classes. Let us mix and match from skill lines as we please.

Ability to toggle weapon status effects.

Sell PERMANENT unlockable dyes in the Crown Store. No more of this single-use stuff.

True account-wide achievements. Anything earned on one character should be available to all.

Allow us to craft and deconstruct companion gear.

Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on March 6, 2024 12:34AM
      Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
      Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
      Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
      Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
      Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
      Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
      Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
      Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
      Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
      PC/NA - CP 2250+
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't think there's one thing. Ever since the betas I've been in this weird situation where I think ESO is ok, but not great and haven't been able to work out exactly why, but I think it's lots of little things which are almost but not quite enjoyable for me rather than one big thing.

For example one of my favourite things to do in any game is explore, and ESO certainly has lots of big zones to explore but as soon as I realised that if a map marker or quest icon on the compass doesn't appear when I get within 1/2 a mile of somewhere that means there's nothing there to find except maybe a lore book, crafting materials or a chest with some random junk it made it less interesting for me. Then I discovered large parts of each map are actually empty space sealed behind invisible walls and the areas we can explore are almost all wide open, flat spaces (even in Valenwood, which is supposed to be dense jungle where it's easier to move through the branches of the trees than on the ground) and again it got less exciting.

But re-designing all that is a big ask, and I know some people genuinely prefer games where everything is clearly sign-posted for you rather than having to go out of your way to find it.

I've been playing it on and off for years now, so it's obviously ok but it's never going to be one of my favourite games, but that's ok. It's a chance to see more of Tamriel than we're likely to get in the single player games, so it'll have to do.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • reazea
      reazea
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Reversing the continual downgrades to Cyrodiil PvP. Raise the pop caps back up to a minimum of 125/faction even if it means providing more server resources for the zone. ZOS can afford to do this, they're just choosing not to.
    • MakeMeUhSamich
      MakeMeUhSamich
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Class Change. Ya know, like we can change EVERY other aspect of our characters.
    • C_Inside
      C_Inside
      ✭✭✭
      ZOS buffing necromancer so it's at least on par with the other classes.
    • Dithieon
      Dithieon
      ✭✭✭
      Mini-map for consoles
      "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
    • Kite42
      Kite42
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I do hope the OP appreciates that his plan would require him to pay for a subscription model. Everyone's subscription...?

Me? I want 50 ms ping, and no packetloss for all.
    • Sarannah
      Sarannah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      There are a few things I want, but the first is really the main thing:
      A good dungeonqueue that prevents speedrunners/fake roles. I really miss doing dungeons and having fun in dungeons.

Many more character slots(atleast 50). So many ideas for characters are going to waste.

A continuous rebirth system, so we can keep leveling our existing characters. I miss the leveling animation, and my two arcanists grew up so quickly :cry: (personally I would love a rebirth system that would allow us at level 50 to choose one skillline from another class to add to our base three class skilllines, after which we rebirth as level 1. We can change our choosen skilline and rebirth as often as we want, only at level 50 though. So if we pick wrong or want to change it again, we have to level to 50 again first. Any of the Tribunal members could grant us this ability(Vivec, Almalexia, Sotha Sil).)

Forgot one: And a CP system upgrade/expansion that takes us into the hundreds of thousands of CP's. (same as now, just not ending at 3600)
      Edited by Sarannah on February 23, 2024 5:46PM
    • UGotBenched91
      UGotBenched91
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kite42 wrote: »
      I do hope the OP appreciates that his plan would require him to pay for a subscription model. Everyone's subscription...?

Me? I want 50 ms ping, and no packetloss for all.

I guess you just glanced over that *

If it makes you feel better I’ll add a side comment that I’d be perfectly fine with my wish even if they added on a subscription fee again.

Edited by UGotBenched91 on February 23, 2024 5:47PM
    • Malyore
      Malyore
      ✭✭✭
      If we're allowed to say things that we know will never happen... I'd say the option to truly play as a single player. It can be such a pain having to depend on 11 other humans in order to even play some of the game's content, let alone access some of the best gear. It can be very disappointing too that our own characters can be these legendary figures that have gone against daedric princes, but woe is the vestige who has to spend 5 minutes killing a guar or mudcrab just because it happens to be a world boss. Maybe when ESO is on the edge of its life it can introduce a mythic that gives you the strength of a trial team, but bars you from grouping with any player.
    • akdave0
      akdave0
      ✭✭✭✭
      Being able to push a button once and the skill fires off immediately.

Push my hot key direction that has a potion on it only once for it to start working. Rather than numerous times.

Figure out what keeps slowing me down in and out of combat, just random slowing of my character, everything around me is moving normally, no debuffs or anything to give reason why this happens.

Not having to try and bar swap numerous times before it actually switches.

• Northwold
      Northwold
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Providing a sensible alternative to guild membership for being able to sell items.
    • moo_2021
      moo_2021
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ashryn wrote: »
      Give us a company-sanctioned way to exchange gold for crowns!

Can't you do that already? Just without protection.
    • mzprx
      mzprx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      not being stuck in combat in Cyrodiil all the time..

on a more serious note - minimap. hello? every other game i've ever played has it. it was there during the Beta. why did they (ZOS) think it was a good thing to remove it is beyond me..
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      1 thing?
      - the option to hide loincloths and tassets for outfits and costumes.

miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.