The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A balancing aspect to PvP

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
While playing GW2, I noticed that a player can enter PvP region at lvl 2, and only in the PvP area is their level equalised to 80.

While this would not do in ESO, one of the complaints - quite justifed - is that Cyrodiil is large, and mount speed development takes 2 months.

The solution to this: make Mounted Speed and Mounted Stamina 60 as long as one is in Cyrodiil.

Gear-wise, it is irrelevant, BUT it will enable others to participate in PvP, making it more accessible.
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Genfe
    Genfe
    ✭✭✭
    1 Star NB 42 days of playtime since Aug 2022

Mount speed just hit 58 no other point in the mount
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or they could downscale the Cyrodiil map. Why put a few dozens of players on a map meant for thousands? All the empty space between sites can be removed.

You know something is very wrong when you spend more time riding than fighting.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have CP put it in the War Mount star and the one below it and to the right, forget the name, and slot them. I use this on all my new toons to speed up riding speed.

Also do the Cyrodiil siege quest tutorial, you will unlock Continuous Assault passive which increases your mount speed.

EDIT: clarification
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 23, 2024 1:17AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Or they could downscale the Cyrodiil map. Why put a few dozens of players on a map meant for thousands? All the empty space between sites can be removed.

The distance between keeps males it so that without camps, reinforcements actually take time to get back to a battle. Otherwise every keep siege would turn into an endless meat grind.

Likewise, there are also strategies in play when it comes to raiding keeps next to opponents scroll temples. Same goes for when pushing for emperor.

The answer is to increase the population cap so Cyro feels less empty, which is something ZoS are actively trying to do.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have CP put it in the War Mount star and the one below it and to the right, forget the name, and slot them. I use this on all my new toons to speed up riding speed.

Also do the Cyrodiil siege quest tutorial, you will unlock Continuous Assault passive which increases your mount speed.

It does help, yes. Alas... Continuous attack + War Mount perk + Gifted Raider perk at 0 mounted stamina and 0 mounted speed still does not match with the same perks and maxed out mounted speed and stamina.

While ZOS cannot change the size of Cyro and the means by which we travel to a besieged keep, they can / could just boost our speed.
    Edited by Drammanoth on February 23, 2024 9:35AM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

• uniqpy
    uniqpy
    ✭✭✭

This is just silly, the keeps are far apart for a reason, it gives everyone a short break to repair, buy more siege weapons and regroup. Having all the keeps 30 meters away from each other just wouldn't be dun.

The size also helps feel immersive like your actually in a large scale war.

If you want close combat, join a BG.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know something is very wrong when you spend more time riding than fighting.

If you are an experienced PVPer, you wouldn't be saying this. Even with the map size the way it is now, it takes a small group of 6 approximately 3 minutes to breach a keep and capture it. And these players would have to be very experienced/very good players to capture a keep in this timeframe. Generally speaking, this is usually enough time for the enemy to port to the nearest keep and run to the keep that is being breached. Often times, they arrive with overwhelming force. But this is sometimes what you have to do when facing huge zergs - break up into smaller groups and flag multiple objectives in order to force the zerg to split up.

If the distance between objectives were any less, this would not even be possible, and the only way to really play in cyrodil would be limited to playing in massive groups, which is also problematic from a server performance standpoint.

The map is sized the way it is for a reason. You may not like it or agree with it, but if you play in there enough, you would see that a smaller map size would actually afford less time for small groups to capture objectives, and make cyro unplayable for very different reasons.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »

The distance between keeps males it so that without camps, reinforcements actually take time to get back to a battle. Otherwise every keep siege would turn into an endless meat grind.

I love endless meat grind... like 64 people DM respawn in 2 seconds :s
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Why put a few dozens of players on a map meant for thousands? ...

thousands? you're having way too much faith in ZOS servers. and i did read somewhere (Forums) that the population cap is at 80 per faction. no idea if that's true or not..
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:17AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »

It does help, yes. Alas... Continuous attack + War Mount perk + Gifted Raider perk at 0 mounted stamina and 0 mounted speed still does not match with the same perks and maxed out mounted speed and stamina.

While ZOS cannot change the size of Cyro and the means by which we travel to a besieged keep, they can / could just boost our speed.

Well of course not, because when I get my riding stats up to max I still use War Mount and Continuous Attack.

In the old days you had to keep pressing a button every few seconds for Rapid Maneuvers. This is a big improvement.

Are you arguing that a brand new toon with no investment in riding skill should be able keep up with seasoned PvP players?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you arguing that a brand new toon with no investment in riding skill should be able keep up with seasoned PvP players?
    Yes, I am. Though you are equating being a seasoned PvP player with having one's riding speed and stamina maxed out. Which are two separate things.
    By this line of thought, a maxed out speed and stamina would make one a seasoned player. Oh boy, do I wish it to be true - I really do.
    Cyro is vast, and some of the PvPers have justified why. ESO is great in that one's skills in PvP make a difference. Gear too, but you know - it all adds up.

This is why I am arguing that the boost to speed and stamina Cyro-only would enable Cyro newcomers to at least participate in large-scale PvP. Whether they score some kills, or be wiped - does not matter.

Let PvP be more accesible by alleviating the pain of sloooooow.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Other

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    Yes, I am. Though you are equating being a seasoned PvP player with having one's riding speed and stamina maxed out. Which are two separate things.
    By this line of thought, a maxed out speed and stamina would make one a seasoned player. Oh boy, do I wish it to be true - I really do.
    Cyro is vast, and some of the PvPers have justified why. ESO is great in that one's skills in PvP make a difference. Gear too, but you know - it all adds up.

This is why I am arguing that the boost to speed and stamina Cyro-only would enable Cyro newcomers to at least participate in large-scale PvP. Whether they score some kills, or be wiped - does not matter.

Let PvP be more accesible by alleviating the pain of sloooooow.

Lol you really are serious. You want everyone to have the same riding speed regardless of how much they have invested in riding speed. Strongly disagree.

If a character’s riding speed is so low they probably don’t have many skills to use anyway. When I say seasoned PvP players I mean those who properly equip their characters and mounts as I described.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA