The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A simple Poll | MYM Whitestrake's 2024

StihlReign
StihlReign
✭✭✭✭
Did you crash from within Cyrodiil, during MYM Whitestrake's 2024, to a loading screen, where you had to put in your login credentials?
"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS

A simple Poll | MYM Whitestrake's 2024 249 votes

Yes
26%
mdclanin_ESOSilafqwaurckc_parsons40b16_ESObiminirwb17_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOJonnAndCoDurhamStihlReignAndyMacSmokedpyrotechShadowPaladinAzirelG1Countdownjcacereswpeter1488Oberon45MikeSkyrim333Thrasher91604praxis 67 votes
No
73%
vailjohn_ESOBelegnoleGedericGlassHalfFullRudyardXerenKendaricWolfshadeGwahiirp_tsakirisb16_ESOfreespiritivaylo.krumoveb17_ESOAlinielKhrogoIdinuseTreselegantElsonsoElvenheartMasterSpatulaSheridan 182 votes
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep. Ten minutes before the event even began, disconnected during a big fight. I did manage to get back into cyrodiil and was still in my group. The population was locked for all three factions 10 minutes before the event even began as well.

This is going to be a rough ride it seems. 12 days of this is not going to be fun at all.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going into Gray host on Ps5eu to have some fun, but its a 50min que so im not doing that
    Edited by XSTRONG on February 22, 2024 6:04PM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    I was going into Gray host on Ps5eu to have some fun, but its a 50min que so im not doing that

The queues during Whitestrakes always move a heckin' lot faster than usual. Lots of people dipping in for a quick quest and bouncing back out.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, but the queue was dreadfully long.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Went in on two accounts did my quests.

Now been happily riding around getting killed for a couple of hours, ping is low and fps where it should be for me. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    not had a chance to get in game yet, but i was likely going to be in IC this event lol

past whitestrakes i usually go into whichever camp has the lowest queue that is not a no proc/no cp camp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on yet since before the event started, but last night I was in IC doing the daily district quests to burn up some of my Enlightenment and got killed by an enemy player while I was fighting a Xivkyn in the Arena district. Instead of rezzing back at base or in a "safe" district, I got sent back (after a longish wait) to the server select/login screen. No crash per se, just booted back to the login screen. And I didn't gave to put in my login screddntials because Steam does that for me.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on yet as I had things to do this morning during my normal login time. I will probably have a chance to get in tomorrow but as I'm only collecting tickets at this point it doesn't matter if I get in everyday or not.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Isn't this a bit fast for a poll like this? ... Better to do this poll at the end of the event.

I did experience the can't-get-out-of-delve-due-to-campaign-being-full bug twice.

PS: Even in previous years I practically never got booted from Cyrodiil. Think it happened only once.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Isn't this a bit fast for a poll like this? ... Better to do this poll at the end of the event.

I did experience the can't-get-out-of-delve-due-to-campaign-being-full bug twice.

PS: Even in previous years I practically never got booted from Cyrodiil. Think it happened only once.

I agree, it's a bit early to overall rate server stability. I'll vote at the end of the event.

That said, no issues for me today while playing 3h cyro during primetime on pc eu. Stable connection and no disco. Not much lag even. (First did a quest in bruma including a delve, keep sieging afterwards).

Hope it stays this way.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Isn't this a bit fast for a poll like this?

No.

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    Yep. Ten minutes before the event even began, disconnected during a big fight. I did manage to get back into cyrodiil and was still in my group. The population was locked for all three factions 10 minutes before the event even began as well.

This is going to be a rough ride it seems. 12 days of this is not going to be fun at all.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I crashed about 8 times back to back the night before the event...so far, been good once it started... Fingers crossed :)

Ping has been normal at 60-80. No fps drops.

LoS
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What I did have was a super HARD lag spike in a trial right before I moved into PvP for the night. The entire raid group felt it.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Waiting for the weekend prime time experience to answer this one.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

1hr+ Ps5eu que for Gray host..

Im switching games bye
  • Stacys_Mom
    Stacys_Mom
    Soul Shriven
    PC NA Gray Host queue for AD is over 150. I wouldn't want to crash and get knocked out. People are saying the wait is near 3 hours at this point.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Took 1.5 hr to get into Cyro GH EP PC/NA tonight

Took 20 mins to crash. Won't letcha log back in til you're kicked from Cyro and have to requeue all over again.

Guess we know why the queues are moving kind of fast!!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've almost got 20 characters to tier one awards without an issues so far.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how to answer this, as I haven't had to put my credentials in one single time since I first logged in many years ago (Steam). But I have been kicked to the error screen multiple times during the event, in high lag situations. This invariably puts me in a "Lost Lobby Connection" loop, which requires between 3 and 6 attempts to get back into Cyrodiil.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Whenever I went near a keep or outpost with a fight ongoing on Gray Host NA- PC I would be hit with terribad lag and then kicked from the server

I have now started logging into another standard campaign - Blackwood I think. The lag still hits but no more DC's.

Message in there somewhere possibly 😆

Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I logged in at 6am today, finally got into cyrodiil at 6:30. Disconnected after 2 minutes while riding up to the very first fight I tried to participate in. (to clarify, this was EST. It would have been 3am and 3:30am west coast time)

Got so disappointed and frustrated I felt my time would be better spent telling people how bad it is on the forum so at least other people will know how bad it is, and maybe, just maybe, someone at ZOS will catch a clue as to how bad the situation is in Cyrodiil now days with such crazy low pop caps, and still horrible performance.

Edited by CrazyKitty on February 24, 2024 2:53PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks getting into Grey Host during the event (especially around prime time), so I personally don’t even bother. Performance is decent on the 7 day campaigns. Though in saying that, there was a period of time yesterday when we were in a keep with basically three AD ball groups outside trying to break in and take the hammer from us, and FPS (usually 100, even during large battles) dropped down to 25-30, audio was cutting in and out, etc. I thought for sure I was going to crash, but luckily didn’t. Once the ball groups got in and took the hammer and left, performance improved significantly. Other than that, haven’t had too many issues.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not once yet, but I have not gone to Gray Host.

Going to be playing from a laptop while traveling this week so I am curious to see if I have a different experience. Obviously I will from a little weaker machine, but I mean crashing
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've crashed 5 times so far between yesterday and earlier today. After today's crash I gave up and logged out of game.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    At one point I crashed about 8X back to back. Hammer fights near SEJ and Glade seem to be an issue (in the past it was Arrius - I swear the place is haunted).

SEJ on a normal day has a strange load that often stops my character in its tracks after the RSS (resource/outpost) is taken.

We'll flip the flags and head out towards BRK (North). I often don't make it up the hill and past the rocks to the left without my character freezing. During the event, this resulted in a few crashes.

Multiple crashes at Glade, and a few at ASH as well.

Lots of fun; however, pop caps and group sizes should be increased (and resources should be allocated to make this a reality).

Loved the PvE'rs who joined us - you guys were awesome!!

Server | Gray Host only
    Edited by StihlReign on March 5, 2024 10:10PM

LoS
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Didn't have a single login issue during MYM, but sometimes quite heavy skill delay in prolonged siege battles.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cyro worked like a charm.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    No
    What's MYM???
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The ESO Whitestrake's Mayhem event, formerly known as Midyear Mayhem (For veteran players). :)

LoS
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Everyone I know has crashed a bunch of times during the event. There wasn't a single daily guild raid over the entire event where at least one group member didn't crash at least once.