The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea for a new chapter feature

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
We're getting what we've been asking for for years - spell crafting - which is GREAT!

I've also been thinking about a feature you might have seen here and there, browsing through the forums, and that is... pet battles.
Yes, WoW has it. Guess what? Animal fights have been a thing for as long as people decided to train them to fight other animals. The same can be said about archaeology - in ESO Scyring and Excavating (oh how I enjoy doing massive explosions - kudos for this ZOS!).

If someone is new, they could purchase some new pets from a vendor to star. Other sources would include:

--collectibles from veteran dungeons, eg. Arx Corinium --> Sellistrix Offspring (mini lamia), Bloodroot Forge --> Iron Atronachling, Imperial City --> a Grievous Twilight

--from completing all zone delves - eg. Greenshade --> a Sea Serpent

--from completing all zone quests - eg. a Daggerfall Lion, an Aldmeri Gryphon, an Ebonheart Dragon

--from trials - eg. Sloadling from Cloudrest

--from PvP activities (pets purchasable for AP and Tel Vars)

Obviously, this enables one to do PvP (player's pet vs player's pet) and could be done simultaneously with ToT.
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mans wants dog fighting in ESO :o

Just kidding, yea I wouldn't mind this being in the game, but DEFINITELY not as a main chapter feature. If we had something like U40 where we got several new additions/systems added, that'd be, in my opinion, the place to slot something like this. Main chapter features bring players back to the game and bring new players in.

Pet battles ain't doin' that in my opinion, but would be welcomed as a smaller addition :)
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree! Pet battles and farming plots are the only two remaining things on my wishlist for ESO. After that I can die happily

Check this discussion I made for my idea of pet battling/taming in ESO: The Beasts of Hircine - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/643286/chapter-idea-the-beasts-of-hircine
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the appeal in that? I'm seriously wondering.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. It wasn't fun in WoW. I don't want to see it here. Sorry, SO not my thing.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would like to have our Companions be able to duel other players' Companions. It's not quite "pet" battling, but I like the idea of being able to customize the skill rotation and gear setups, similar to what's already been done with the Companions system.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would like to have our Companions be able to duel other players' Companions. It's not quite "pet" battling, but I like the idea of being able to customize the skill rotation and gear setups, similar to what's already been done with the Companions system.
    Not to mention that this could be perfectly monetised. Another feature that would make one visit vanilla dungeons, complete questlines, do some side achievements, etc.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

• Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should prepare for the outrage from a certain organization that got angry at a similar minigame in being included Far Cry 6.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thank you, please.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Malyore
      Malyore
      ✭✭✭
      I personally don't see the appeal to it. If I'm playing an elder scrolls game I want to be the one playing. Even if there are summons/companions to help out in a fight, I still am gonna be active in the combat. That gametype of "I choose you!" has never been up my alley, but I do know it is very popular for a reason and there are many that like it.

I don't have any complaints to it being added, especially since we have tales of tribute. The main thing should just be making sure these pet battles are entirely on the side for those who are interested, but don't affect those who are not interested. If it's added it may even pull some people in. I would have never asked to have a card game in ESO, but now that we do I like to dabble in it once in a blue moon just for the roleplay aspect. And the rewards for ToT I believe are just supplies and occasionally cosmetics, which is the way to do it imo. Pet duels might add to the life of ESO, so long as it doesn't detract from its vision.
    • Malyore
      Malyore
      ✭✭✭
      Plus maybe it'd give us something to do with the hordes of unwanted non-combat pets that get forced down our throats. I really wish I could trade them for crown gems haha
    • Drammanoth
      Drammanoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Malyore wrote: »
      Plus maybe it'd give us something to do with the hordes of unwanted? non-combat pets that get forced down our throats(...)
      question mark and underline - mine

Bingo! As pretty as they are - ahem, the majority of them - it's just cosmetics. Okay, I should say "just", but does not change the fact that in those pets lies a huge potential.
      My wishlist for ESO
      I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Other