The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[REQUESTed no longer] Allow sellers on guild stores to adapt prices

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to be able to modify the price of an item that I put on the guild store during the 30 day times without canceling the sale and put it back on the store. Each time I have to cancel and put it back on store I have to pay the fee which can, depending on the price be very expensive.

(This fee system anyhow is to some extent not so fair for new players anyhow that have yet to gather enough money. If they happen to get a very high value item that sells for a lot of money they might even not be possible to put it up for that money because they cannot pay the fee.)
Edited by AnduinTryggva on February 18, 2024 10:12AM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That would result in people constantly modifying prices, to be the one with the best price for an expensive item.

So you put your item, modify the price and a minute later someone else modifies the price of their item because they saw you modified yours and it would be a constant battle of modifying prices all the time all around Tamriel for all type of items, mostly the expensive ones.

Also, addons that provide items prices would explode, TTC website would be useless too, as they wouldn't be able to catch up with the constant modifications of prices.

Finally, it wouldn't be fair for the players that did research and really thought prices on an item before publishing. So I decide the price for my item, put it to be the best price on the store, pay my tax for publishing, and a minute later someone else modifies their item price (for free) to beat mine. I can then modify mine too, but that's not the idea nor how market should work.

Edited by Dragonnord on February 17, 2024 12:39PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thanks. That are very valid points. I did not think about that.

Maybe if they modified the fee issue here. I mean sellers who can research prices and then put them up for a lower one as they see on TTC etc. have an advantage here. Not only do they have the advantage of knowledge they also have a higher probability of selling AND pay a lower fee. And the people by simply chronological randomness put it on guild store earlier may have an item that will now not sell at all, after the 30 days or cancelling they will have to put it up again (for a lower price this time) and pay the fee a SECOND time.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that would be very bad for eso economy.

Its good that people still need to pay fee if they want to lower the price, some people would sit and lower there price each and every time another player put the same item for sale.

But I understand what you mean, one example is 1st day of a Event with a new Style Page drop, they can sell for 100k gold on ps5eu but day after they down to 50k gold and day 3 down to 10k gold. So if you didnt sell at day 1 for 100k gold you either need to wait 30 days or lose some gold to relist the item.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn’t the listing fee come out of the sale earnings? I never really paid attention. If so, then the cost would not be an issue for starting players.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t the listing fee come out of the sale earnings? I never really paid attention. If so, then the cost would not be an issue for starting players.

There is a 1% non-refundable listing fee paid upon posting your item, taken from your gold currency.
    Then there is a 7% sales fee when the item sells, which is taken from the payment, reflected in the payment mail.
    Expired listings do not pay the 7% sales fee.

Edited by Aislinna on February 17, 2024 8:01PM