The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

No double drop on Clams

BixenteN7Akantor
BixenteN7Akantor
✭✭✭
As the title says. It's a ressource node after all right ? So it should double drop while in this event.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot really go by what is posted.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clams and Heavy Sacks never count toward resource harvesting endeavors, so I wouldn't expect that they would be included in the bonus for this event.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • BixenteN7Akantor
      BixenteN7Akantor
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Clams and Heavy Sacks never count toward resource harvesting endeavors, so I wouldn't expect that they would be included in the bonus for this event.

Heavy Sacks are containers, just like backpacks which drop water for alchemy :)
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Clams never double up on any increased harvesting events - I assume it falls under the 'not doubled up from fishing and creatures'
      Soupy twist
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maythor wrote: »
      You cannot really go by what is posted.

There is so much truth to this...even regarding armor tooltips, weapon tooltips. There really need to be some consistancy other than "ya, this does not do what it says it does".
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • Ishtarknows
      Ishtarknows
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Clams didn't even benefit from the alchemy keen eye passive when they were introduced with Summerset so they're obviously coded as something that's not a node. In previous events with extra resources clams were specifically mentioned as not being included
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I'm guessing Clams are categorized as containers as well, which is what I was sort of implying by mentioning them alongside Heavy Sacks.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 16, 2024 5:33PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • BixenteN7Akantor
        BixenteN7Akantor
        ✭✭✭

I'm guessing Clams are categorized as containers as well, which is what I was sort of implying by mentioning them alongside Heavy Sacks.

But they shouldn't ! :(
      • virtus753
        virtus753
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Events have never boosted anything from Giant Clams or backpacks/urns.

Plentiful Harvest works on Giant Clams and containers, but only on the poison and potion solvents from them. It doesn't work on anything else in them. It's odd that it even does work on the solvents, since those sources don't otherwise count as resource nodes.
        fizl101 wrote: »
        Clams never double up on any increased harvesting events - I assume it falls under the 'not doubled up from fishing and creatures'

But this last part is clearly incorrect if you test it in game. You DO get increased crafting mats from creatures, like leather scraps, alchemy reagents, fish from dreugh, etc. during increased resource events. During an event you can get 3x-4x leather scraps from things that normally give only 1x-2x (without Plentiful Harvest). With Plentiful Harvest you can get 5x+ off the same mudcrab, durzog, wolf, etc. You can get 2x mudcrab chitin from a single mudcrab, two furnishing mats off the same lioness, and so on.
        Edited by virtus753 on February 16, 2024 6:28PM
      • CGPsaint
        CGPsaint
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        As the title says. It's a ressource node after all right ? So it should double drop while in this event.

A clam isn't really a resource node. You do have the chance to received a resource from it, but it's not guaranteed.
      • katanagirl1
        katanagirl1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        CGPsaint wrote: »

A clam isn't really a resource node. You do have the chance to received a resource from it, but it's not guaranteed.

Yeah, I think resource nodes refer to blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking, enchanting, and alchemy nodes only, with alchemy being plants and probably waters and solvents.
        Khajiit Stamblade
        Dark Elf Magsorc
        Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
        Orc Stamplar PVP
        Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA