The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Speaking of music ...

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
the new intro music seems to sound a bit muted. i haven't changed any settings. the credits music and sounds at the very intro intro has exactly the same volume as before. it's just the gold road music. anyone else notice that?
PC - EU - Steam client
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not on PTS but over the years there were some complaints that the intro music was too loud, so maybe they have simply adjusted that.
    I for one would be grateful; I can't stand the Necrom intro's loud *** anymore - on console it plays at the start even if you change or mute the music, and it often "lags" and replays the *** 3 times! It's really annoying, even more if you play at night.
    So... Thumbs up by me if it's a fix.

Edit: Sad that the onomatopoeia for the sound get censored, but I can get why... Surely I didn't mean to be vulgar - it's just the name of the sound...
    Edited by SkaiFaith on February 14, 2024 5:38PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new login music seems noticeable to me, its a good bit louder than the necrom login screen music
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's about the same sound level...just noticeably better (The new music is beautiful) ...I really didn't like the necrom music That classic Elder Scrolls Music is always best.

Edited by Warhawke_80 on February 14, 2024 6:02PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't sound muted at all to me.

Did you double-check your audio settings for the PTS server?
    PTS and Live each have their own settings.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just fired up the game without using the launcher and with using the beta launcher. The music sounds the same and does not sound muted.

Its actually quite nice.
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • Elvenheart
      Elvenheart
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think it's about the same sound level...just noticeably better (The new music is beautiful) ...I really didn't like the necrom music That classic Elder Scrolls Music is always best.

Totally agree. The Necrom music was the first music I ever changed to a different chapter’s music (I went back to Summerset’s intro). I love the new music even better!
      Edited by Elvenheart on February 16, 2024 6:33AM
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elvenheart wrote: »

Totally agree. The Necrom music was the first music I ever changed to a different chapter’s music (I went back to Summerset’s intro). I love the new music even better!

You can do that? Edit the files to play a differnt music?
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

there is a setting to change the intro music.
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • CoronHR
      CoronHR
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i don't go pts. it's the music that
      LunaFlora wrote: »

there is a setting to change the intro music.

lol i was today years old when i learnt that haha
      PC - EU - Steam client