The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[SUGGESTION] Allow refusal of daily login reward

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
Sometimes we get a collectible as daily login reward (thank you for that!) but that I don't want at all. I know it might sound weird to some but it might be helpful to be able to refuse it at login.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like this.

There's been times when I decided not to get one of the free collectibles from some promotion or other, because I didn't like it and didn't think I'd ever use it. There was also once I got a spider pet from a free crate and asked Customer Support to delete it, because I'm arachnophobic and thankfully they did.

I also installed an Addon which added favourites to collectibles before ZOS added it, because it was getting impossible to find the ones I actually used in all the clutter. I wouldn't necessarily delete all the rest (especially because I use different things on different characters) but it would be nice to have the option not to pick up stuff I'm sure I won't use.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like this as well.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could certainly go with this. While I think it is great that the rewards offer consumables that help newer players I don't need anymore scrolls as after AwA I have stopped leveling alts.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like this too. Either that, or let us delete collectibles we don't want.

One month there was a collectible pet reward I disliked so much I avoided logging in for 2 weeks to ensure I did not get it. A bit extreme, perhaps, but I really did not want to see it in my collection.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand???
    If its a collectable so what it does not take up any space. For the other things that do just delete the items that you don't want.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I do not understand???
    If its a collectable so what it does not take up any space. For the other things that do just delete the items that you don't want.

The thing is you have to scroll thru your collection when you look for one specific one. If there are too much and you don't need it makes things les comfy.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome idea....and while your at it could you please....
    • Disallow combat pets in town
    • allow the option to make others companions invisible
    • Rework scrying to be less convoluted
    • Open up a story mode for Dungeons
    • make companions less irritating
    • let Companions fish with the player
    • let us make our own fire for cooking
    • Completely rework the AI
    • Let us turn off radiant Apex mount effects
    • fix the engine/network code so a player can have a cloth attachment without crashing the entire server

:)
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I'd really like this too. Either that, or let us delete collectibles we don't want.

One month there was a collectible pet reward I disliked so much I avoided logging in for 2 weeks to ensure I did not get it. A bit extreme, perhaps, but I really did not want to see it in my collection.

You can write to Support and ask them to remove something from your collections that you really do not want to be there. Usually a reason is helpful to them (e.g. arachnophobia or the equivalent for other types of animals, motion sickness induced by mounts with bumpy riding animations, etc.).
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    BretonMage wrote: »

You can write to Support and ask them to remove something from your collections that you really do not want to be there. Usually a reason is helpful to them (e.g. arachnophobia or the equivalent for other types of animals, motion sickness induced by mounts with bumpy riding animations, etc.).

Thank you for the suggestion. I do think it's odd that we can't delete them ourselves though.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can only imagine that if they did allow us to delete collectibles, that you would have some players do so by accident (even with a second confirmation) or with regret, and then contact ZOS to get the collectible back.

While I like that we can set favorites (which is limited to a total number from all collectibles, and not a total number for each category), I think it would be better if we could just hide collectibles we don't like/want to see. This would reduce the clutter, but not completely delete them in case someday you might want to use a certain collectible and would eliminate accidental deletions.

You would still, of course, be able to contact support to permanently remove a collectible.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be a thing of course. But then support team will have extra work load due to something very simple. I am sure some people will just refuse the log in reward by accident.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    if ppl refuse reward by accident,then you'll see lots wanting the option removed,and support working overtime.Takes no time to delete a daily reward,not like it's a hassle really.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally would prefer they just remove the daily login rewards and divert these rewards into quests and actual gaming experiences. A lot of quests have stories that could reward cool and memorable cosmetics and other collectible items instead of really basic and mostly unusable set gear from the zone.

I thought I'd miss loyalty rewards but a lot of those were moved to an in-game vendor in Final Fantasy XIV, where I could choose to pick them up or not for vouchers. (Also fixes the "I don't want this reward" problem some have). I much prefer this over FOMO-ish systems like daily logins that feel more for mobile games to me.

Alternatively, a simple decline button could be useful for more than just the collectibles, as I have way too many potions and poisons and never will end up using them all. At least I can just delete those but it's still a minor chore/nuisance.
    Edited by AScarlato on February 14, 2024 7:42PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could give the option to hide collectibles, which would put them in a separate tab and out of our way.
    Edited by SilverBride on February 14, 2024 7:44PM
    PCNA
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you not simply leave a daily log-in reward unclaimed? Ignore it. It'll get locked-out after 24 hours.

Mea Culpa
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 14, 2024 10:01PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      why should ZOS devote development time to something any player can do all on their own with extremely minimal effort?

Because QOL changes are the focus of Quarter 3
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I ask again...

Can you not simply IGNORE a reward? You have to actively choose to claim a daily reward, which requires the barest minimum of effort. Simply ignoring the reward requires even less effort.
      This is something that needs a QOL enhancement?

ignore the spaz in the corner (me)...

Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 14, 2024 10:03PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Carcamongus
        Carcamongus
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Can you not simply leave a daily log-in reward unclaimed? Ignore it. It'll get locked-out after 24 hours.

I'm fine with the way the rewards work now, but, at least for me, ignoring the daily goody is impossible. You get the bloody notification icon blinking incessantly and, as far as I know, it only stops doing that when you collect the item(s).
        Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
        "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
      • spartaxoxo
        spartaxoxo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I ask again...

Can you not simply IGNORE a reward? You have to actively choose to claim a daily reward, which requires the barest minimum of effort. Simply ignoring the reward requires even less effort.

No. You can't. Let's say I don't want a body tattoo they are giving out. Let's say it's the day 14 reward and I have collected every day for the past 13 days. On Day 14 I decide to skip collection. Instead of losing out on the Day 14 tattoos, I lose the Day 30 alliance points that I DID want instead. And there's no way to delete a collectable.
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        spartaxoxo wrote: »
        I ask again...

No. You can't. Let's say I don't want a body tattoo they are giving out. Let's say it's the day 14 reward and I have collected every day for the past 13 days. On Day 14 I decide to skip collection. Instead of losing out on the Day 14 tattoos, I lose the Day 30 alliance points that I DID want instead. And there's no way to delete a collectable.

Oh, shoot.

I'm so sorry. Complete brain-fart on my part.
        (sorry, dealing with (living with and caring for) an Alzheimer's patient is affecting my own brain.)

I actually do log-into the game multiple times per day (at least twice on most days), but despite that I seem to have experienced a temporary space-out over how daily rewards function. Please forgive me.
        I was thinking from the wrong end of the calendar.
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • ComboBreaker88
          ComboBreaker88
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          OR. Now hear me out... Allow us to convert the crown bound items to crown gems.
        • AScarlato
          AScarlato
          ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with the way the rewards work now, but, at least for me, ignoring the daily goody is impossible. You get the bloody notification icon blinking incessantly and, as far as I know, it only stops doing that when you collect the item(s).

For me it's just a little icon over my chat box that won't go away unless I collect it. I already dislike cluttery UIs so its hard not to just grab it to get rid of it lol.
        • BretonMage
          BretonMage
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Treeshka wrote: »
          It can be a thing of course. But then support team will have extra work load due to something very simple. I am sure some people will just refuse the log in reward by accident.

I can actually see that happening more than deleting a collectible by accident, just by virtue of the player having to go deliberately to that particular collectible in the collections page, then bring up the menu for it, then type REMOVE in all caps or whatever we have to do to confirm removal.

In fact, I'm pretty sure if we have to type REMOVE, no one will ever delete it by accident.
        • spartaxoxo
          spartaxoxo
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          spartaxoxo wrote: »
          I ask again...

Oh, shoot.

I'm so sorry. Complete brain-fart on my part.
          (sorry, dealing with (living with and caring for) an Alzheimer's patient is affecting my own brain.)

I actually do log-into the game multiple times per day (at least twice on most days), but despite that I seem to have experienced a temporary space-out over how daily rewards function. Please forgive me.
          I was thinking from the wrong end of the calendar.

All good! It happens to the best of us. There's a lot of things to keep track of in this game.
        • Scaletho
          Scaletho
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Completely agree. it should be up to us decide whether we want some stuff or not.
        • Amottica
          Amottica
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          I agree that it would be nice to be able to refuse a daily reward but still advance in the dailies.

However, I understand the reality that Zenimax would require us to make multiple clicks and probably even type something in to pass on the daily reward. It is something they would be required to implement so as to protect us from ourselves.

We see these designs as protecting us from ourselves by making us jump through some hoops to destroy something we do not want. Without such designs, CS would have to deal with more tickets from people who messed up.

In the end I doubt it would save us any effort or time.
        • WhosTheFancyOneNow
          WhosTheFancyOneNow
          ✭✭✭
          skipping a login reward would be great. some people with say gambling issues might find the crates to e a trigger for their addiction (for example) that could set them down a dark path and would simply want to skip those and get the rest of the month's rewards.
        • vsrs_au
          vsrs_au
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Awesome idea....and while your at it could you please....
          • Disallow combat pets in town
          • allow the option to make others companions invisible
          • Rework scrying to be less convoluted
          • Open up a story mode for Dungeons
          • make companions less irritating
          • let Companions fish with the player
          • let us make our own fire for cooking
          • Completely rework the AI
          • Let us turn off radiant Apex mount effects
          • fix the engine/network code so a player can have a cloth attachment without crashing the entire server

:)
          + 1 million to the last suggestion. I've been playing Elden Ring recently, and it's obviously using a much more modern game engine, because the character clothing and hair are SO much more realistic! I hold scant hope of ESO updating to use a completely new game engine, though, they'd effectively have to rewrite the entire game, so I can't see that ever happening.
          Edited by vsrs_au on February 15, 2024 4:49AM
          PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
        • TheMajority
          TheMajority
          ✭✭✭
          If this ever gets implemented, I want an option that allows me to refuse having a refusal button on my daily log in rewards.

I don't want a refusal button I can accidentally click because I want all of my log in rewards. So let me refuse the refusal button in the settings please.

• DreamyLu
          DreamyLu
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          This subject comes up regularly but nothing got done.

Me too I would be happy with a "reject" button - or equivalent - that would allow me to ignore the item when I don't want it (especially those that can't be neither sold nor given).
          I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA