The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Helper Rewards

SerLoras
SerLoras
✭✭✭
It would be really great if completing a difficult achievement granted some kind of bonus reward to your group members who have previously completed that achievement already.

I think one of the biggest problems that holds back less-experienced players from completing difficult endgame content in ESO is that more-experienced players often don't want to run content with players that haven't cleared it before. This attitude might seem a little toxic, but it is also perfectly understandable, since people have limited amounts of time that they're able to play and they don't want to be stuck for hours trying to clear something they've already ran before.

I think the easiest way to address this problem is to provide some kind of incentive for veteran players to include newer players on their run. There should be some kind of reward that you receive when you help a player clear some difficult content for the first time. The games achievement system already keeps track of what players have and have not cleared before. It seems like it would be pretty straight forward to grant some bonus rewards whenever someone in your group unlocks a difficult achievement that you already have.

I don't really know what the rewards should be, but it should definitely be something fairly valuable so it actually incentivizes people to bring along new players. Maybe Transmute Crystals? An extra motif drop? Double boss loot?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, like a guild progression group?

Its a very nice idea, but I don't see it happening. Most trial runs end with the experienced players giving away gear and/or motifs that they don't need to the less experienced. And I don't need more transmutes or gold.

If someone wants to learn how to do a trial from other players who will be cool and informative, join a guild
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of us do like helping people already. I know several people who have multiple tris just because they were helping friends get them.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Lemurejo
    Lemurejo
    ✭✭✭
    FF14 rewards you for doing content with players who do it for the first time maybe we can have a special currency awarded fot those who newbies doing content and trade for interesing things FF14 have cosmetics,pets,mounts and costumes as example.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemurejo wrote: »
    FF14 rewards you for doing content with players who do it for the first time maybe we can have a special currency awarded fot those who newbies doing content and trade for interesing things FF14 have cosmetics,pets,mounts and costumes as example.

we really dont need more currencies

we do have existing currency which does that though, seals of endeavor
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SerLoras
    SerLoras
    ✭✭✭
    So, like a guild progression group?

Its a very nice idea, but I don't see it happening. Most trial runs end with the experienced players giving away gear and/or motifs that they don't need to the less experienced. And I don't need more transmutes or gold.

If someone wants to learn how to do a trial from other players who will be cool and informative, join a guild

Well sure, some people already help newer players out of the goodness of their heart, but most people don't bother. If you think it's easy right now for newer players to find good teams to help them get started with difficult content, then I'm afraid you've been very lucky in your ESO journey.

Like I said, I don't know what reward would incentivize people the best, but some kind of incentive would definitely help a lot of people.