The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any ETA on server coming up?

gdawg311b14_ESO
Seriously?

While I am a big supporter of getting these bugs ironed out and have been defending this all day, how is there not an ETA of the server coming back up? its been down almost 12 hours now...

As developers don't you guys work on the fixes/patching/coding and then roll it all up, build the patch and apply it? you have a pts, i dont see the need to take down the server just to start working on the fixes, server should only come down to apply the patches no?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    If you read the announcement ZOS posted you'd know that it will be up in about 1.5 hours now.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • GrundelWolfe
    GrundelWolfe
    ✭✭
    As of Noon EDT, they have given us a 1-2 hour ETA.
  • ThreePieceSuite
    They posted that the ETA as of noon Eastern was 1-2 hours.
    Edited by ThreePieceSuite on April 2, 2014 4:41PM
    Ebonheart Pact (US)

Three-Piece Suite - Come at me if you need any bows.
  • vanillexhope
    vanillexhope
    ✭✭✭
    An ETA was already posted. Keep an eye on announcements.
  • gdawg311b14_ESO
    ive been keeping an eye on all announcements, ive had the forums loaded since servers went down, the last announcement i read just said they woudl be up in a few hours i must have missed the one with the exact time, sorry children

• Atomic
    Atomic
    Soul Shriven
    No matter how many games I see launch there's always someone whining about servers being down.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they brought down the server before MORE people's accounts got messed up. For those who don't know WHY they shut it down it was because people were logging in like normal then were on someone else's account with the ability to sell, destroy all of their inventory, possibly even delete characters. They decided to add the patch along with the DT so there wasn't another DT later today or tomorrow. Sure it sucks that we can't play right now but be realistic, there is literally NO WAY to test for every single situation/problem that could arise before launching a game.
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    At least they brought down the server before MORE people's accounts got messed up. For those who don't know WHY they shut it down it was because people were logging in like normal then were on someone else's account with the ability to sell, destroy all of their inventory, possibly even delete characters. They decided to add the patch along with the DT so there wasn't another DT later today or tomorrow. Sure it sucks that we can't play right now but be realistic, there is literally NO WAY to test for every single situation/problem that could arise before launching a game.

That's bad JuJU bwanaa

That's a new one for me
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well still 20m and no updates.
  • elrond2002
    elrond2002
    Soul Shriven
    DeLindsay wrote: »

I agree to some extend. As an IT professional I know you can't test each and every scenario too many iterations. Having said that there have been what at least 2 or 3 weekends of open beta tests (at least i was in 2 if i recall right). Likely there was testing beyond. There is such a thing as a spurious issue that is so nichy that it is hard to test for. Having people login but get connected to something else is a PROFOUND issue. Security like that should have been specifically tested ad-nauseam.

• aesmodienb14_ESO
    I would be interested to know why the 13 hours of maintenance has only been to the NA server. The NA and EU mega servers are running the same copies for the host. If this was such a major issue they both should have come down to prevent the EU server from replicating the issue.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elrond2002 wrote: »
    I agree to some extend. As an IT professional I know you can't test each and every scenario too many iterations. Having said that there have been what at least 2 or 3 weekends of open beta tests (at least i was in 2 if i recall right). Likely there was testing beyond. There is such a thing as a spurious issue that is so nichy that it is hard to test for. Having people login but get connected to something else is a PROFOUND issue. Security like that should have been specifically tested ad-nauseam.

Those weekend Beta openings were 100% stress tests of the Megaserver to see if it would hold up or if they were going to have to create multiple "shards/realms" instead, nothing more. Sure there were folks putting up bug reports during them but that wasn't the purpose, only to stick as many people online at one time to see if it would crash the server. However, yes, account security related things probably should be tested until they're certain no accidental issues would happen, since you literally cannot make a program absolutely hack proof.
  • Gornt_Grimreaver
    Supposedly the new time is 1400 to 1430.
    Just a spoonful of moon sugar helps the medicine go down.
  • Negchampa
    Negchampa
    Where does it say that?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Europe is running close to not playing at all today. Come on.
  • michael.fielderrwb17_ESO
    Europe? It's the NA server that's down, the EU one is still up afaik
  • Anakh
    Anakh
    On the Server Status page:

"We're in the final stages of QA testing the new patch on the live server, then we'll re-open it to all of you. ETA is between 2:00 and 2:30 PM EDT. If that changes, we'll let you know. " - Jessica
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Europe? It's the NA server that's down, the EU one is still up afaik

Europeans cant possibly be playing on NA. Nope.

Is this your first MMO? I have to ask. Very few western games region lock you. If you can get a client for Europe, you can make an account and play there and vice versa. EQ2 locked EU to EU when prosibien took management but thats not the rule usually.

Many Europeans play on NA.
  • UpInSm0kE
    UpInSm0kE
    Soul Shriven
    Mine is downloading the Patch :D
  • GrundelWolfe
    GrundelWolfe
    ✭✭
    The patch is now live.