Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Weekly Seals of Endeavor February 12th 2024 - welcome change! :)

SkaiFaith
SkaiFaith
✭✭✭✭
This week we can obtain 300 Seals completing 1 out of 3 very easy activities + 20 Writ vouchers!
Love this change, thank you!

I would add 2 thoughts:
Recently it seemed like the Daily Endeavors were toned down to 10 Seals instead of 15, so I would suggest that we would be happier if 15 would remain the standard, even if the weekly is more generous like this week. Still, we appreciate the free gold you add as a bonus reward.

Also, I want to express my appreciation for the idea of giving out vouchers and I think in the future would be cool if this would be expanded to other currencies, like Archival Fortunes, Transmute Crystals or else - I think it would be a good way to introduce players at the different activities and related currencies, since the game itself could be overlooked by players in this regard. When I was a new player I skipped undaunted keys for more than an entire year because I didn't get how useful they were; giving things like those to players could incentivise them to look into other aspects of the game, just like today's vouchers will push players into crafting.

So, thank you for this change, much appreciated and continue this way :)
With this and the daily rewards, it's a good start for this important year!
Edited by SkaiFaith on February 12, 2024 11:05AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    Recently it seemed like the Daily Endeavors were toned down to 10 Seals instead of 15, so I would suggest that we would be happier if 15 would remain the standard
    There has never been a "standard." It has fluctuated between 10 and 15 since the advent of Endeavors; some days it's 10, others it's 15 (a couple of times up to 20, if I remember correctly, though I might be wrong about that).

Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 12, 2024 11:47AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Also all weekly are crafting related... is there really some explorer's event or something similar coming this week?
    • Drammanoth
      Drammanoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Damn, @SkaiFaith you were faster :D Yes, I too was awestruck bu this change. WHOA.

Again ZOS, GOOD JOB! GREAT IDEA.
      My wishlist for ESO
      I.Skills:
      >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
      >>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

II.Overland Mechanics
      >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
      >>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
      >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
      >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
      >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

IV.Geography
      >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
      >>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
    • Buffy121
      Buffy121
      ✭✭✭
      I agree. The writ vouchers are a welcome addition to the endeavor rewards.

I would be less enthusiastic about receiving transmute crystals as endeavor rewards while they still have a limit on how many can be collected.
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Buffy121 wrote: »
      I agree. The writ vouchers are a welcome addition to the endeavor rewards.

I would be less enthusiastic about receiving transmute crystals as endeavor rewards while they still have a limit on how many can be collected.

Transmutes were a reward at the very begging:
      https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-endeavors/

Also apparently tel var, but I don't even remember that.
    • Tra_Lalan
      Tra_Lalan
      ✭✭✭✭
      Does it mean that we will have this crafting event this week? It was mentioned in an email: "The first event this month brings the creativity of Tamriel to the forefront with Crafter's Celebration"
      Looks like it may have something to do with master writs.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Tra_Lalan wrote: »
      Does it mean that we will have this crafting event this week?

I've opted-out of getting those emails, but, in the same vein, given how the "Complete One Holiday Event" endeavor usually coincides with the start of a new event, it seems likely to me that this set of Weeklies will coincide at some point this week with this Crafter's Celebration.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Danikat
        Danikat
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        EF321 wrote: »
        Also all weekly are crafting related... is there really some explorer's event or something similar coming this week?

I noticed that as well. It's not the first time we've had collecting materials as a weekly, and I think we've had master writs before (I might be misremembering), but I can't remember seeing refining materials as an option and it's odd for all 3 to be crafting related.

My first thought was some sort of event starting this week, but ZOS recently re-posted the event calendar on Twitter and that said the next event is Whitestrake's Mayhem later this month, so if there is it's a surprise one.
        PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
      • Syldras
        Syldras
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

A crafting event was mentioned in the newsletter short time ago, but without a specific date. From this week's endeavours, I guess it will start this week and we'll hear about it soon (I'd really prefer them to tell us earlier, btw).
        @Syldras | PC | EU
        The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
        Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
        Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
        Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
      • Dagoth_Rac
        Dagoth_Rac
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Danikat wrote: »

I noticed that as well. It's not the first time we've had collecting materials as a weekly, and I think we've had master writs before (I might be misremembering), but I can't remember seeing refining materials as an option and it's odd for all 3 to be crafting related.

My first thought was some sort of event starting this week, but ZOS recently re-posted the event calendar on Twitter and that said the next event is Whitestrake's Mayhem later this month, so if there is it's a surprise one.

They only give forewarning about events that give tickets. This is likely an event that gives some kind of in-game crafting rewards, but no event tickets or Impresario.
      • Carcamongus
        Carcamongus
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »
        SkaiFaith wrote: »
        Recently it seemed like the Daily Endeavors were toned down to 10 Seals instead of 15, so I would suggest that we would be happier if 15 would remain the standard
        There has never been a "standard." It has fluctuated between 10 and 15 since the advent of Endeavors; some days it's 10, others it's 15 (a couple of times up to 20, if I remember correctly, though I might be wrong about that).

During the early days it wasn't so rare for a daily endeavor to award 20 seals. And once, but only once, we got a daily worth 30 (yes, thirty) seals.
        Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
        "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
      • Danikat
        Danikat
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Syldras wrote: »

A crafting event was mentioned in the newsletter short time ago, but without a specific date. From this week's endeavours, I guess it will start this week and we'll hear about it soon (I'd really prefer them to tell us earlier, btw).

I would as well. My guild often organises events at the weekend and several times they've had to reschedule them because ZOS announced an event at the last minute, and of course loads of players want to do that instead. If there was more notice, even 1 week instead of 2-3 days, it would make it easier for players to plan around it.
        PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"