Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who would like a homesteading option like what we have in skrim?

ClowdyAllDay
ClowdyAllDay
✭✭✭
but you but the stuffs to build it with writ vouchers instead of gold or crowns?

Best Answers

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that the OP intends the thrust of the thread to be about building your house yourself, which by and large you can already do including from scratch with a bare site as I recall, it seems to be more about using writ vouchers to buy furnishings instead of crowns or gold, and I'd be wholly against that.

Plenty of players don't do a lot of writs or indeed any, and tying the development of your homes to extensive undertaking of crafting writs would be wrong, and also very prejudicial against lower-level players for whom crafting writs aren't really practical because of the amount of materials consumed.
    Answer ✓
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, some parts of the homesteading, which if my memory serves me right came with the Hearthfire DLC, are far inferior to ESO's system, but not all. As someone already mentioned, we could grow our own alchemy ingredients. To that I'd add the buff you got when sleeping on your bed, with a bonus if you slept with your spouse (as in sleep sleep, not the other sort of sleep that involves no sleep), the possibility to hire a bard and to have a housecarl of your own. Adoption would be moot because there are no children in 2E Nirn and beyond.

There was far less customization, but the houses tended to feel like lively homes.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Answer ✓
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand really, like a pre build that you progress through with some form of choice making? There's housing already so I asking genuinely.
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    yes you would build the house to your choice buying supplies with writ vouchers. Like the homesteading addon in skyrim. something like that.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is being proposed? I never played much Skyrim but as I recall, if you bought a house and then upgrades, it put predetermined furnishings in predetermined locations. That is already an option if you buy a place furnished — with the added benefit that you can then modify it yourself. What are you wishing could be added or changed about housing in ESO?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes you would build the house to your choice buying supplies with writ vouchers. Like the homesteading addon in skyrim. something like that.

So you would use your crafting mats to do writs which would give you writ vouchers, which you would use to buy crafting (housing) supplies? Seems circular logic and would be very costly.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold is much easier to get than writ vouchers, plus I already have a lot of mats and patterns for all these items.

Having to use writ vouchers would be a real nightmare.
    PCNA
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if there wasn't such a low limit on what items can be placed in houses. They always feel half empty because of these limits. It is such a waste.

I has put me off housing because I know I can never furnish it as fully as I'd like.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already build a house in this game. The structure furniture from the dailies allows for that. As well as other structural furniture. They also have empty lots on which to build that you can buy.

Edit: I created a magical floating wizard tower in the sky. That's not something I could have done in Skyrim

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/640201/floating-wizard-tower#latest
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 13, 2024 4:49AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I'd say that the only thing I prefer about Skyrim's vanilla housing system is that our followers are able to idle realistically in our homes. They can wander around; sit and eat; sleep; use furniture like enchanting tables, etc. That is one thing ESO desperately needs, imo.

I would much rather be able to place furnishings wherever and however I want them! But I agree that it would be awesome to be able to set up emotes for our houseguests and basic interactions like sitting in a chair!
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭
    Not me. If I wanted homesteading I'd play Skyrim.
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I'd say that the only thing I prefer about Skyrim's vanilla housing system is that our followers are able to idle realistically in our homes. They can wander around; sit and eat; sleep; use furniture like enchanting tables, etc. That is one thing ESO desperately needs, imo.

I'd love to see Ember relaxing in front of the fire, interacting with my books, eating the soup left on the table, etc.