Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Make light attack great again!

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
As someone despite with ~300 ping put effort in light attack weaving now feel like I have been :trollface: . With addition to oaken soul ring players can put hefty amount of dps without much effort compare to someone doing proper rotation. This is like a slap in the face to players who put effort in learning weaving.

I'm no elite asking to nerf any item but as a casual player want to be rewarded for the effort I put into light attack weaving. The gap between putting effort and no effort has been toned down alot. SO PLEASE BUFF LA!
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 8, 2024 7:49PM
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAs are still necessary for proccing enchants and gaining ultimate. They aren't going anywhere.
  • silentseashore
    silentseashore
    Soul Shriven

At 150ms 50% your LA won't register, at 300ms that goes over 80%. So pointless to ask for LA.

a7szwjw2jc2v.png

Yeah, no.

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light attack was never great!
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What effort is there in weaving?

It's not something that synergies with certain skills. There is no certain order. No time tracking to get the most efficient use of a skill.

Press LA before every ability, always.

That's all it is. It's not complex. It barely takes effort unless you have fine motor issues. And then it becomes an accessibility problem.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

It's not something that synergies with certain skills. There is no certain order. No time tracking to get the most efficient use of a skill.

That's all it is. It's not complex. It barely takes effort unless you have fine motor issues. And then it becomes an accessibility problem.

It is difficult because skills do not have consistent weaving windows.

That said, I think they’re in a fine spot right now.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make light armor great again imo. Seems pointless to run it right now in group compositions.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off-topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make light armor great again imo. Seems pointless to run it right now in group compositions.

This is a much more constructive suggestion. I still feel weird about wearing medium armor on a Magicka based character, but unfortunately the meta has swung in favor of medium armor for just about all DPS builds.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

This is a much more constructive suggestion. I still feel weird about wearing medium armor on a Magicka based character, but unfortunately the meta has swung in favor of medium armor for just about all DPS builds.

Agreed 100%.

Philosophically...I found it interesting right now that the two of us, who have never met seemingly have the same ill feeling about wearing medium armor on a magicka based character (which of most of mine are). I found your comment comforting, and warming, and sadly accurate.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    As someone despite with ~300 ping put effort in light attack weaving now feel like I have been :trollface: . With addition to oaken soul ring players can put hefty amount of dps without much effort compare to someone doing proper rotation. This is like a slap in the face to players who put effort in learning weaving.

I'm no elite asking to nerf any item but as a casual player want to be rewarded for the effort I put into light attack weaving. The gap between putting effort and no effort has been toned down alot. SO PLEASE BUFF LA!

At 150ms 50% your LA won't register, at 300ms that goes over 80%. So pointless to ask for LA.

Use Velothi and say to Oblivion the LA.

After all Templats & Arcanists benefit more from Velothi than LA, and HA & Oakensoul builds.

These are just made up numbers, I don't even know why people go out of their way to just make things like this up.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MLAGA doesn't really roll off the tongue well. Would make a terrible hat.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Agreed 100%.

Philosophically...I found it interesting right now that the two of us, who have never met seemingly have the same ill feeling about wearing medium armor on a magicka based character (which of most of mine are). I found your comment comforting, and warming, and sadly accurate.

I even feel weird about using a heavy Sergeant's Mail chest on my heavy attack Sorc. I couldn't even fathom using Storm Master as my body set because it was a medium armor. Not only that, but it also tanked my penetration! No bueno! I run SM, Infallible Aether, Slimecraw on my HA Sorc. It is what it is. I had to make concessions for my go-to when I'm not trying to get sweaty.

I have finally made peace with wearing Deadly, Perfected Ansuul's Torment, and Slimecraw on my Arcanist, but that's only because I'm still able to hit my Spell Damage, Critical Chance, and Penetration numbers wearing 6 medium/1 light. I don't like it, but it works.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭
    oz11cap5mmyo.jpg
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make Ándale Light Attacks Great Again?
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arriba arriba!
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

It is difficult because skills do not have consistent weaving windows.

That said, I think they’re in a fine spot right now.

As far as I'm aware, another skill can be cast as soon as the 1s GCD has expires, which begins as soon as the ability starts. And it becomes muscle memory of clicking LA right before the next cast ability (because anim cancel) roughly every 1s rather than knowledge of any skill-specific window. Not to mention I think that LA buffering was added at some point.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on February 9, 2024 1:47AM