Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who was that player that made ESO an amazing experience for you

UGotBenched91
UGotBenched91
✭✭✭✭✭
Who was that player that made ESO an amazing experience for you?

Amazing doesn’t have to be some grand special. It can be simply a passing moment that happened, a long term friends, etc.

For me it was a random person i met in a vet dungeon (can’t remember the name but last boss is gigantic and standing in this large lake inside a cave). We died to the first boss and group fell apart. This person stayed with me and helped me learn the mechanics and we made it through the rest of the dungeon and even a bonus boss. It’s nice to cross paths with nice players like this.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife introduced me to ESO, so I blame her for all the fun and folly.

But as far as strangers...I would have to say the old guild leader of Silk Road, AC.

I was in her guild I and they had a halloween contest. I made a character with a specifc name and build to support the contest. I leveled them to 50 and made them playable so that they were a "real" character.

We had all met to be Judged and I was pretty much passed over (this sadly seems to be a thing in ESO regarding fasion/housing/contests...lots of cliques). Anyway, the judging was over, rewards were passed out and we all headed our separate ways.

AC sent me a tell saying "I voted for you, I thought it was very well done" (or something to that effect) and she gave me like 500,000 gold. Anytime I left the game and came back she always took me back into her guild ASAP. She was always kind to me and I miss that she is not around anymore.

So, thanks AC....where ever you are. You made a lasting impression, and I hope you are well!!!
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Fkey
    Fkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nurse: "My bounty is so high it would take 2 years+ for it to disappear."

Lil ol lady: "Thieving is my specialty /flex."
    (Showed me many thieving routes. She stopped logging in, had health issues so probably gone.)

Ganker on day 2: "git gut noobcakes, I been here since beta ya ain't gonna win."
    Me: "PvP is PvP my dude. I been PvPing since your momma did, with you on her lap."
    (Took 2 months, in the end.)

Oh and a PvP Guild from another game from long ago. Ran into them in Eso by accident.

The list of memorable people playing MMOs is long.

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons owners/creators!

Friends told me to try ESO, but my first experience was negative and I left the game.
    Some weeks later, I retried, this time using addons and that was the key making me stay. Without them, wouldn't be here today. So I take this occasion again to thank all addons creators/owners. <3
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush! I was getting tired of tanking dungeons and DPS really was feeling stale even before I properly got started doing it. I was considering moving on after just a couple years of playing on-and-off since dungeons really just felt repetitive and predictable.

Up to that point I had only dabbled in PvP and never really considered it something I liked. Then I saw a video posted in a guild's discord feed of him and two of his buddies holding off an entire guild of werewolves in Imperial City! I'd never even considered it possible for me to fight one were wolf at that time much less and entire group and the level and speed of decision-making was beyond anything I'd experienced up to that point. That was the exact moment it clicked for me and I pointed at the screen and proclaimed, "That! I wanna do that!" (I actually literally did that lol) It truly looked like something a heroic figure in a fantasy game should be doing and I dove in headfirst and never regretted it.
  • gwenthebard
    gwenthebard
    ✭✭
    I had a friend who I met around the release of the Morrowind chapter who renewed my interest in the game for me. One Tamriel just was negative overall & I was going to stop playing completely but after playing with this friend we kept playing together till the Greymoor chapter when they moved on to a different game.
    They definitely renewed my interest in the game otherwise I probably wouldn't be playing anymore.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me, myself and I.
    I love it a lot thru the storyline quest.
    Me in pvp is the I hate the game, not really hate the game per se, but frustrated because I suck in pvp.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first guild leader was a big help. Most memorably when I said I didn't think I could do dungeons yet because no one would want me in their group they immediately invited me into a group to do Spindleclutch and told me I could always ask the guild to join for normal dungeons.

The one downside is the group told me to take the quest, then didn't give me time to actually read/listen to it and now my main character can never do that quest properly. For some reason I just assumed dungeon quests would be repeatable (without the reward of course) like they are in my other MMO.

But in general that guild was a really positive experience, it's a shame they went inactive. They were great at encouraging people to try things and not worry so much about having exactly the right build or memorising guides before playing, because it's usually not necessary.
    Edited by Danikat on February 7, 2024 10:38AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lad (whose name I forgot) who showed me and another random player the ropes in Cyro. Guy was going for Emp during the last hours of a mainly empty campaign, and the other player and I had decided to follow the small group who flipped resources and castles. He invited us to the group, asked us if we knew anything about Cyro campaigns, and when we both said no, he told and showed us pretty much everything, from how to use siege engines effectively to Cyro etiquette to which skills to invest in. In the end, he let each of us bring a scroll home, just for the feeling xD.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on February 7, 2024 11:55AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone makes the experience amazing for me. (Yes, even the trolls; they provide contrast for the pleasant players.)
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    that guy spammin global in Craglorn all the time
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was heavily into Roleplay, having founded a Roleplay Guild during Covid that went strong for about 3 years. So many amazing stories, and I couldn't narrow it down to just one. That entire community was just amazing, and I'll have fond memories of them long after I stop playing ESO.

• UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AScarlato wrote: »
    I was heavily into Roleplay, having founded a Roleplay Guild during Covid that went strong for about 3 years. So many amazing stories, and I couldn't narrow it down to just one. That entire community was just amazing, and I'll have fond memories of them long after I stop playing ESO.

If you don’t mind my asking, what happened to the guild?
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friend Kevin got me into Skyrim after that game I got into ESO, and now I got Kevin into ESO !

Then all the Addon Creators !

That random person who power levelled my Enchanting from a zone chat message, costing them like 20k of gold but for me it was as if GOD himself helped me out.

And a player in the CoT guild that made me training gear and made me look cool with the Hollowjack motif.

Ever since then, I think I made at least 40 players feel the same experience, bring them to the most decked out guild hall and make them the coolest looking gear for their level for free.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got benched.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got benched.

I see what you did there….and I approve.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time it feels pretty daunting for me to reach out to strangers to help me do a specific thing I want in a game. I'm just not used to MMOs. But I remember first getting set up with a guild that actually supported me and helped bring me on as a new fellow. Even though I'd had the game for about a year at that point I'd never touched dungeons or anything of the sort. I remember feeling so relieved and excited to get my first monster helm– it seemed impossible before.

After a long break and most of the guilds I was a part of dwindling down, I'm kinda in that boat again of not wanting to reach out to people and join a voice call and all that. There is still a lot of gear I've wanted for a long time but never attempted to get. Some things out of trials and trifectas and pvp. I play games to unwind from people and to fantasize. Scrounging up a group of people so I can get a staff that hardly changes the gameplay feels like a chore now. But, I'll still always fondly remember that first time of joining a guild and when all sorts of aspects and possibilities opened up to me.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many people in game.

Old Lady who picks up mats mosts of the time -Crafting
    Wolf pack guy in pvp
    an individual dragon-PVP
    A tricky stick- PVE
    Dur was a templar but bailed on it lol-PVP

and many more but the one who keeps bringing me back is my brother. Every time I say I want to leave he finds some way to say the right words to bring me back.

I walked into cyro for 2 seconds and quit. It was him who got me back into pvp.