Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Daedroth spawn placement somewhat ruins tanking fun

NeoniKa
NeoniKa
✭✭
I've been enjoying a lot playing as tank, but when I'm in a group with someone using the Maw of the Infernal set, it gets absolutely tiring and unpleasant really fast. The daedroth always spawns right above my character. Every single time. I'm constantly forced to change place and it keeps appearing, over and over again. It never stops, the whole time. I can't understand why is it even allowed in a co-op game. Sometimes, in more complex bosses (for me), I kindly ask the players in the group not to use it, so that I can see the actions and learn. But it's always a little awkward to do that. So, a few times, I already ended up just opting to leave groups with a daedroth to not bother anyone.

Now I'm wondering if there is any way to change the positioning of the daedroth behind the bosses, since the tank is always in front. Could this be possible with a mod, addon or something? I've had other stuff covering my character in group play, but at the moment it seems that the daedroth is the most problematic and prominent one.

Edited by NeoniKa on February 5, 2024 11:25AM
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be helpful for players running maw as well. It can spawn over your head!

Maw remains a very powerful monster set, however. There is a reason people use it. If they can't change where it appears, perhaps they could give it some transparency like the Shadowrend set. Not ideal but better than the present implementation.
    Edited by Northwold on February 5, 2024 1:29PM
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    It would be helpful for players running maw as well. It can spawn over your head!

Maw remains a very powerful monster set, however. There is a reason people use it. If they can't change where it appears, perhaps they could give it some transparency like the Shadowrend set. Not ideal but better than the present implementation.

Oh no! Another ghost effect... I think I'd prefer it to stay the way it is and I just don't group with players using it. :smile:

The game is already so excessive in effects, a daedroth ghost would probably be way more unpleasant.
    Edited by NeoniKa on February 5, 2024 1:35PM
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scant consolidation, but we *all* hate the bloody daedroth.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of effects that a far worse. Never had issues with maw.

pqnndgqubh0f.png
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a pain in the you know what. I've had groups where both DPS had the monster set. Nothing but Daedroth tail in my face for every fight. Not much for now we can do about it. Just side step it and keep Tanking.

Wait till you run Selene's Web and both DPS are using Selene's Monster set. Now that's an interesting final boss fight.

Maybe ZOS will take heart and reposition the spawning of the Daedroth and other Monster sets that work similarly. Would be a nice QOL change.

There is an old Addon you may want to use that hide's the group. I don't know if it hides the Daedroths. It's old but it still works. It's called HideGroup. There is a new version called HideGroupNecro or something like that for Necro Tanks.

Here is the original: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2273-HideGroup.html
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pretty much stopped tanking when this set became popular. It is an artificial and unnecessary hindrance to the role.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Wait till you run Selene's Web and both DPS are using Selene's Monster set. Now that's an interesting final boss fight.

Ouch! That might be crazy! :smiley:

I think that the easy solution that would solve all of this problems and make the game amazing for all, is an option to not see other players skill effects. The daedroth, those green bear ghosts and other stuff like this, doesn't need to be seen by all players. It would be perfect if it was seen only by the player that use the skill.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually just disassembled all my Infernal set items. I find the summon annoying. Also had to abandon my pet sorc as Matriarch was too annoying as well.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was under the impression most use Slimecraw, not Maw. I haven't seen the daedroth in ages.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tab-target the boss, and you'll see it's outline through the daedroth.

But yeah it's annoying and should be fixed.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing but Daedroth tail in my face

Maybe I should try being a tank more often
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NeoniKa wrote: »

Ouch! That might be crazy! :smiley:

I think that the easy solution that would solve all of this problems and make the game amazing for all, is an option to not see other players skill effects. The daedroth, those green bear ghosts and other stuff like this, doesn't need to be seen by all players. It would be perfect if it was seen only by the player that use the skill.

When I tank and the Daedrothmen appear, I simply remember each boss fight requires keeping extra space behind me. When mouth-breather appears, I pull the taunted boss right through him by walking backwards. Now, the Daedroth is in front of the boss, with his tail end in the DDs faces, where it belongs.

Remember, your responsibility as tank to keep aggro is most important. How you keep aggro and turn the boss is based on the environment. If that environment is full of Daedrothmen, you must adjust positioning to your convenience. There could always be an informative group discussion about roles and sets worn, but that's not likely in a PUG.

- a Non-Pet Sorc
    Fear is the Mindkiller