Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we please, please do something about Sorc twilight pet?

Shara_Wynn
Shara_Wynn
✭✭✭✭✭
It really is rather annoying, not just for others but for the player themselves.

Trying to do quests, and it's flappy wings are just beyond distracting.

zjmvjakpfpry.png

mr9vecta8erg.png

vcp316r222yu.png

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was about to say this. Just dismiss it. I do every-time I’m in town because it annoys me and others. The devs have implemented a fix for this in the dismiss tool. I get that it’s annoying, but you have a solution at your fingertips.

I personally would like a auto dismiss once we enter towns, but beggars can’t be choosers.

That's what I do with the Warden bear. Whenever I visit a town, I'll just dismiss it.

Pets should be hidden inside towns, just like other player's companions. ZOS really needs to implement this and include non-combat pets in this as well.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • BetweenMidgets
      BetweenMidgets
      ✭✭✭
      Ugrak wrote: »
      Agreed.

There are twilights in Apocrypha standing on the ground and walking. Using that as their idle default state would help a lot.

They also have a dancing animation, too, lol
    • Northwold
      Northwold
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For the towns, and for the benefit of everyone else, maybe they can devise a lore reason to auto dismiss them and the bears (stealing from furniture through a bear's bottom while their own heads off to make the tea is not ideal). But yes, a redesign would be nice.
    • Kalle_Demos
      Kalle_Demos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Go to the character screen and dismiss.

This works for our own but we can't dismiss other player's pets when they are flapping all over the place in town.

And? What other players are doing doesn't bother me, nor does it concern me. The Twilight, the Bear, Companions, other players themselves in no way impede my ability to conduct my business in town.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      limit followers doesn't work because pets aren't followers.
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sakiri wrote: »
      limit followers doesn't work because pets aren't followers.

Hiding Pets in Towns
      A new feature is available in your settings to allow you to hide other players' pets (hereafter shorthand to mean summoned class ability pets like Winged Twilights and Warden bears, vanity pets, assistants, and Companions) around certain high-traffic objects in the game. Specifically, this includes daily crafting writ bestowal boards, daily crafting writ turn-in crates, and basic crafting stations.
      Your own pets will not be hidden if this option is turned on, and if a player whose pets are hidden gets into a duel or combat while near the affected objects, the pets will reappear.
      The setting can be found within the Gameplay menu, then toggling "Limit Followers in Towns.” Again, this is an optional feature you can turn on or off at your discretion!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/620696/pc-mac-patch-notes-v8-2-5-firesong-update-36
      Edited by SilverBride on February 3, 2024 11:46PM
      PCNA
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Northwold wrote: »

This works for our own but we can't dismiss other player's pets when they are flapping all over the place in town.

And? What other players are doing doesn't bother me, nor does it concern me. The Twilight, the Bear, Companions, other players themselves in no way impede my ability to conduct my business in town.

Sorry, but a lot of people really are bothered by the twilights flapping across their screens and blocking their view, as evidenced by the incredible number of threads this issue generates.

When sorcs have been in fashion, it has at times been almost impossible to use a bank because you couldn't see where the bankers were(!!) in a busy town on a busy day.
      I couldn't agree more, and it's very frustrating that ZOS don't seem to care about this problem at all.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • NeoniKa
      NeoniKa
      ✭✭
      An option to make it permanently and absolutely invisible would be amazing. But for now the best solution is to not use it at all.
    • Shara_Wynn
      Shara_Wynn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      NeoniKa wrote: »
      An option to make it permanently and absolutely invisible would be amazing. But for now the best solution is to not use it at all.

Which is a sad indictment of ZOS. And when players have been asking for the pet to be revamped for years, the term "for now" loses it's meaning. "For now" becomes "for evermore".

My sorcerer still has the ultimate overload bug to boot.
      Edited by Shara_Wynn on February 4, 2024 10:15AM
    • davidtk
      davidtk
      ✭✭✭✭
      I understand the hate about Winged Twilights. But the funny thing is, I haven't had a single problem in years, they never blocked my view, and they never bothered me in cities or at craft stations.
      I was more bothered by the Wardens bears since I started playing ESO. They always blocked the deliver craft boxes for daily craft or the doors in the bank (in Rimmen/Rawlka bank for example) And I've never seen such hatred as I see on Winged Twilights :d
      Anyway, the "Hiding Pets in Towns" option works ...
      And yes, I want at least some "skins" to change her look to something other. OR the possibility of her sitting on the ground and walking as seen in Apocrypha.
      Edited by davidtk on February 4, 2024 7:26PM
      Really sorry for my english
    • Arizona_Steve
      Arizona_Steve
      ✭✭✭✭
      davidtk wrote: »
      But the funny thing is, I haven't had a single problem in years, they never blocked my view, and they never bothered me in cities or at craft stations.

Try playing in first person. It's absolutely obnoxious when trying to talk to an NPC.
      Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    • Michaelkeir
      Michaelkeir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Shara_Wynn wrote: »
      I am not talking about when I am in a town. I already dismiss it in towns.

I am literally in the middle of the zone quest for Summerset and every time I speak to any of the characters my flappy's wings are in the way.

So suggesting that I dismiss it every time I want to speak to someone while I am in the middle of doing a quest is a bit much I think.

I don't see it being very practical to fight a mob, then dismiss my pet, then speak to the character I am doing the quest with, then re-summon my pet, then fight a mob, then unsummon my pet, then speak to the NPC again, then summon my pet, then fight a mob, then unsummon my pet, then speak to the npc, then summon my pet, then fight a mob, then unsummon my pet then speak to the npc, then summon my pet...

That is just silly to expect the player to do that. I may as well not bother using the pet and yes it is overland stuff so there really isn't any need to use anything other than my bare hands to kill stuff but really, it is very annoying and I know many other players are also fed up with it.

As crazy as this may sound. I do just that. Every-time I have to speak to anyone quest related where I don’t want to lose my immersion, I take a few seconds to dismiss my pet. In fact if you doing quest, you don’t even need the pets as it’s brain dead easy. You could just spam heavy attacks to get you through most if not all overland story quest. I just keep the imp out since he’s less prone to get in my way. And I don’t pull the flappy pet out unless I’m doing content that requires it, (for me that would be vet dungeons or work boss’s).

So again, the solution is there. You just have to want to use it. It’s annoying yes, but hey, at least there is a solution in game and we don’t have to actually pay for it for a change, lol.
    • TheNuminous1
      TheNuminous1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like mine reskinned as a nyxad. :)

I would lose my MIND if we got a big nixed like in the dlc dungeons
    • Kalle_Demos
      Kalle_Demos
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but a lot of people really are bothered by the twilights flapping across their screens and blocking their view, as evidenced by the incredible number of threads this issue generates.

When sorcs have been in fashion, it has at times been almost impossible to use a bank because you couldn't see where the bankers were(!!) in a busy town on a busy day.

I see this a lot. Here on the forums, which is an extreme minority of players. As other posters have mentioned, a very easy option to dismiss pets is readily available at every Sorc player's fingertips. Considering this, and that many Sorc players don't bother to solve this supposedly dire situation on their own, maybe this 'problem' and sentiment isn't as large or widespread as y'all like to claim.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
    • Dojohoda
      Dojohoda
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I am working on my sorcerer again and wings flapping in the window while interacting with npc hurts my eyes. And why does it have to be so close when my character stops moving?
      Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
      Might be joking in comments.
      -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I see this a lot. Here on the forums, which is an extreme minority of players. As other posters have mentioned, a very easy option to dismiss pets is readily available at every Sorc player's fingertips. Considering this, and that many Sorc players don't bother to solve this supposedly dire situation on their own, maybe this 'problem' and sentiment isn't as large or widespread as y'all like to claim.
      There are also threads on reddit about this problem (try a simple internet search and you'll find them easily enough). As for the hide followers setting, it doesn't work properly, which is exactly why there are still threads saying it needs fixing, both here, on reddit, and on various other sites.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • Shara_Wynn
      Shara_Wynn
      ✭✭✭✭✭

If those that post on this forum are an extreme minority (your own words), then how can you possibly ascertain that many sorc players don't have a problem with their flappy pets?

As crazy as this may sound. I do just that. Every-time I have to speak to anyone quest related where I don’t want to lose my immersion, I take a few seconds to dismiss my pet. In fact if you doing quest, you don’t even need the pets as it’s brain dead easy. You could just spam heavy attacks to get you through most if not all overland story quest. I just keep the imp out since he’s less prone to get in my way. And I don’t pull the flappy pet out unless I’m doing content that requires it, (for me that would be vet dungeons or work boss’s).

So again, the solution is there. You just have to want to use it. It’s annoying yes, but hey, at least there is a solution in game and we don’t have to actually pay for it for a change, lol.

You're right, it is crazy. Crazy to expect the player to go through all that rigmarole just to play the class to the full extent that it should be played to. It is not a solution to have to jump through those hoops, just to be able to quest without flapping wings obscuring the npc's I am talking to. How does that equate to immersion?

I have a dismiss pet add-on, I always try to dismiss my pets in towns and cities. Many other players do not. However, as annoying as it is to have other's flappy pets all up in my periphery whenever I am trying to do anything in town, it was not the point of my original post.

I would just like the pet to be made a little less conspicuous and I don't think that "not using the twilight pet" is really a solution to the pet being visually intrusive to my and other's enjoyment of the game. If the only solution is to not use the twilight pet, then I would very much like another pet to replace it with.

**edited for spelling**
      Edited by Shara_Wynn on February 6, 2024 9:37AM
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Making flappies less intrusive or giving us a toggle to hide them is an absolutely needed change. They aren't only distracting other players while questing but also can cause severe health issues due to their constant flapping (similar to the issues some people reported regarding Arcanist's original crux).

The real question is: Why is zos ignoring feedback regarding this topic for years?
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.