Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

The amount of Alliance Points for the daily Log in award is too much

• FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm one of the last people to ever complain about the log in rewards, as they're free stuff just for starting the game, and I could go into a whole tangent on that kind of "rewarding" alone, but instead here all I want to say, is I personally believe giving out 100,000 Alliance Points for a single day, is WAY too much. Normally I'd have to work my butt off for hours in Cyrodiil to earn six figures, I don't exploit, I'm not a 1vXer bombing large groups over and over. I fight the hard way, and yeah, I take slight issue with 100k just being given out, even though I fully expect people to come in here saying earning AP is stupid easy for them and this is nothing. It's something to a player like me.

I'd have not minded enough to say something if the biggest day was like half that at most.

I disagree, it's very rare ZOS blesses us with decent login rewards, don't discourage them back to the less exciting generic inventory clutter they usually give us.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100K it's not that much. Really.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do understand the OP's point of view - it is a significant amount - in the bigger scheme, as others said, it isn't enough that it dramatically changes the game....
    Except for one thing .... there are a LOT of players, out there, hoarding mini-stashes of AP.

They have either gotten 50 or 60K via daily rewards, or the 10k or so at a time for running your level 10 person out to get the alliance mount skill.... and don't PVP.

They don't spend those points, because it isn't really enough to do much - maybe a couple pieces of a set, but not enough to finish one, even if they do get perfect RNG, and magically only get pieces they don't have ....and definitely NOT enough for a motif or style page .....

However, this is enough to actually get them started on something..... and make them want to earn more, and finish out a set, or motif, etc.

I see it as a large enough incentive to get people up and moving.....

Auldwulfe
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    While I do understand the OP's point of view - it is a significant amount - in the bigger scheme, as others said, it isn't enough that it dramatically changes the game....
    Except for one thing .... there are a LOT of players, out there, hoarding mini-stashes of AP.

They have either gotten 50 or 60K via daily rewards, or the 10k or so at a time for running your level 10 person out to get the alliance mount skill.... and don't PVP.

They don't spend those points, because it isn't really enough to do much - maybe a couple pieces of a set, but not enough to finish one, even if they do get perfect RNG, and magically only get pieces they don't have ....and definitely NOT enough for a motif or style page .....

However, this is enough to actually get them started on something..... and make them want to earn more, and finish out a set, or motif, etc.

I see it as a large enough incentive to get people up and moving.....

Auldwulfe

I have over 1 million AP in the bank because I pretty much only play PvP for special events then I put the AP in the bank and forget about it. I have spent some, but I should figure out what I want to do with it at some point.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or they could give us more APs or Tel Var Stones in BGs. There is very little reward aside from the fun.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great reward
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    😂
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I said I expected some to come in and say the amount was nothing but I wasn't expecting the thread to remain on the front page for several days with dozens of replies consisting of nothing but "no u".

I'm guilty of happily claiming the 100k Gold whenever that comes around, I just got a hair up my bum over Alliance Points, since I usually have to work and suffer for that. That being said I already do have 11 Million banked. Guess it's just the principle.
    Edited by ArchMikem on February 4, 2024 3:52PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I said I expected some to come in and say the amount was nothing but I wasn't expecting the thread to remain on the front page for several days with dozens of replies consisting of nothing but "no u".

I'm guilty of happily claiming the 100k Gold whenever that comes around, I just got a hair up my bum over Alliance Points, since I usually have to work and suffer for that. That being said I already do have 11 Million banked. Guess it's just the principle.

I guess it comes down to this: where do you draw the line?

Hypothetically, let’s say someone decided to earn all their gold by doing daily writs on five characters. They have the option to make earning gold easier for themselves by joining trading guilds or grinding out valuable items to trade, but they choose not to. Instead, they log in every day for their 5k gold per character. Would it not be a bit of a head scratcher for this same person to then turn around and say “a login reward of 100k gold is too much to give to other players, because it personally takes me a long time to earn gold”?

Someone could even argue that seals of endeavor are unfair rewards, because they buy their crown crate items the “hard” way, by spending real money that they earned through hard work and suffering outside the game…

That is, essentially, how your post comes across to many of us who spend most of our game time in Cyrodiil. I earned 300k AP yesterday, and I wasn’t even really trying that hard to earn AP. Again, it is just a nice little gift for PVEers who don’t like to PVP, and I don’t see anything wrong with that.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you put it into the perspective of max rank it really isn't. No one is getting to Grand Overlord from free alliance points.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭

With all due respect, I guess therein lies the difference. You say you have to work your butt off or suffer through PvP to get that kind of AP. But for those of us who PvP almost exclusively and enjoy it, we bust our butts on that map and make that kind of AP and more and it doesn't feel like a chore. (I think I can speak for my fellow alliance members at least) We are fine, if not just as grateful as others, for the 100k AP log in reward and equally fine with non PvPers getting it, too.

If PvP makes you feel like you have to suffer to make 100k AP, maybe PvP is simply just un-enjoyable for you.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - AR 37
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the login AP and Tel Var for dawn prism and hakeijo for master writs....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my mind the 100K AP is a nice gift for us non-PvP players or PvP players that do not have the time available to earn a lot of AP. The only time I go into Cyrodiil is during Mayhem. Depending upon the map I will run PvE content in areas my alliance controls or run a scouting mission or two if the map is unfavorable. This allows me to buy a motif every 12 - 18 months depending upon its AP cost. I'm currently sitting on 200 thousand'ish AP so between the 100K reward and the next Mayhem I might be able to buy another motif I would otherwise buy towards the end of this year. I don't see how being able to collect a motif, one of my favorite parts of the game, slightly earlier than normal cheapens the value of AP since it won't radically change how I play nor do I suspect it will change the behavior for most other players.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that 100K AP is a lot, and that personally it would take me a long time-- or at least a lot of effort-- to earn that on my own in Cyrodiil.

As for whether it's too much, I suspect that it's part of ZOS's efforts to help players who don't like PvP and who say they need a way to acquire and level up certain "must-have" Alliance War skills. In that respect, there will no doubt be players who think that it's a good beginning but still isn't enough.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How dare they give out good rewards!
    PC NA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I agree that 100K AP is a lot, and that personally it would take me a long time-- or at least a lot of effort-- to earn that on my own in Cyrodiil.

As for whether it's too much, I suspect that it's part of ZOS's efforts to help players who don't like PvP and who say they need a way to acquire and level up certain "must-have" Alliance War skills. In that respect, there will no doubt be players who think that it's a good beginning but still isn't enough.

I think it's more likely that this is a marketing maneuver for the 10th anniversary year(s).

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m a serious PvP player and it does take me a while to earn 100k AP. I guess it depends on how much time you have and which alliance. I’ve been in the losing one most of the time lately in Gray Host. Most AP ticks for defending or taking a keep are much less than 10k each, so that would be at least 10 keeps, maybe twice that or more. Just to put it into perspective. I definitely work my butt off for it too, not just standing at the shrine.

I’m not arguing against the daily reward but am happy to get it. It will go to that non PvP toon though for Caltrops.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the grand scheme of things, 100k AP isn’t even that much, especially when there are people walking around with millions. It’s not like it’s enough to make people say “Guess I don’t need to do PvP anymore”. Plus, it’s a one-time payout for a single day. There’s still another 28 days worth of PvP to do.
    Agree, not earning 100k in Cyrodil and its an bad day. You obviously want some other than your pvp caracter to pick up this.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem I am just curious what constitutes "the hard way" of earning AP?

GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    How dare they give out good rewards!

ZOS can't win here :D
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100K AP takes like 20-30 mins to pickup during mid-year. It really is nothing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    @ArchMikem I am just curious what constitutes "the hard way" of earning AP?

I always considered that to be "staying away from PVP" :smile:
    jaws343 wrote: »
    100K AP takes like 20-30 mins to pickup during mid-year. It really is nothing.

So, this is 20-30 minutes saved and people can go off and spend that time doing something else! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get your point, OP.

Why are 100k AP too much as login reward during MYM month? What's the reasoning?

Another question: What amount of AP would be fitting instead?
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100k isnt that much. it's half of a monster helm.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a huge pvp player, though I spent a large amount of time in cyro this weekend earning AP to buy a couple of monster helms. I am not a bomber or even much good at pvp at all. I spent more time dead and travelling back to the battles than actually fighting but still made just under 300k on Saturday, though less than 100k on Sunday, when got distracted by lorebook hunting.

AP is easy to accumulate even if you are rubbish at pvp.

I have no problem with the 100k drop from the login... it makes up for what I missed out on making while I was stuck in the queue for 90 minutes trying to get in there at all on Sunday.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    I am not a huge pvp player, though I spent a large amount of time in cyro this weekend earning AP to buy a couple of monster helms. I am not a bomber or even much good at pvp at all. I spent more time dead and travelling back to the battles than actually fighting but still made just under 300k on Saturday, though less than 100k on Sunday, when got distracted by lorebook hunting.

AP is easy to accumulate even if you are rubbish at pvp.

I have no problem with the 100k drop from the login... it makes up for what I missed out on making while I was stuck in the queue for 90 minutes trying to get in there at all on Sunday.

Exactly this. We are less than a week into the current campaign, and there are already multiple members of my guild at 1 million AP earned so far. 100k AP is pocket change. Saying 100k AP is a lot of AP would be like saying 100k gold is a lot of gold (on PC, that is — I know the gold economy is different on console). Choosing to farm AP inefficiently is exactly that: a choice. Wanting to deny PVEers a little bit of AP for their alts just because one personally chooses to farm AP inefficiently is a little unfair, no?

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have roughly 49 million AP banked, so I would beg to differ. 100K AP is a drop in the bucket for most people who PvP regularly so this isn't going to break the economy for those players. If anything, it's a chance for people to take a fresh character and get a decent jump start on unlocking Assault/Support skills for PvE builds.
  • Twig_Garlicshine
    Twig_Garlicshine
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you consider an aspect of the game to be "working and suffering"
    either the game design has failed, or player priorities are skewed.
    (MMO designs were long lazy-thinking that grinds were "necessary" instead of "build fun, well designed games and people will continue playing...fortunately that Design attitude has been changing for awhile now.)

Personally I don't PvP for digital rewards (currency/gear, titles, or achievements).
    I have PvP'ed for zero rewards other than:
    the rush of killing someone in battle fantasyland...without consequence.
    Call me what you will, in the end that is what PvP comes down to.

I also don't PvE for the digital rewards.
    If the game isn't fun, I don't play it.
    No digital rewards will change grinds, or unfun aspects of any game.

TLDR = You could give them 1 million currency, or the most awesome gear, prize,
    fully levelled character, or whatever for "logging in" and
    it would not concern me.