Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

PVP in PVE zone...How about "dead by day light" style mission?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭

Now...you're player Dragon, or player World Boss. You're monster this time.
More dangerous than normal daily WB mission, but can get something huge reward than usual.

Monster player kill 12(or more?) players until you're defeated = monster player win.
One of 12 Player survive and kill the monster player=slayer team win.

Need careful balance test, but at least, it's not meta build design like the usual PVP.
Actually say, we're bored by script based Dragon acting. So I think it make sense little bit.
Because, both PVP and PVE can co-exist at the same basis and the world.

Edited by AvalonRanger on February 1, 2024 5:22PM
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be down to have parts of zones carved out for pvp :)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    Nope. No open world pvp, no pvp in pve areas.

Long version: how do you prevent people exploiting this by throwing fights to let their friend get the pay off? How do you prevent vets griefing newer players?

Rule example

1, Dragon role player can't attack non 12 slayer team.(Because it's meaningless anyway)
    2, 12 Slayer team mate also can't attack other player also. (prevent to destroy scripted based story quest)
    3, Exploit possibility. -->>Yes that's problem. But can make several way of reasonable punishment mech for it.
    Or just make player bond reward, can use oneself, but can't trade.

I also dislike PVP in the PVE zone. Because ESO doesn't have reasonable game mech for it currently .
    But I try to plan game idea for it. Because I saw PVP in PVE zone thread before.
    (No one said reasonable constructive idea at that time including me though...)

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »
    Guys, you know that one of the most common things about open-world-MMORPGs is having pvp status active/deactivated, right?

No, one of the most common things about open-world-MMORPGs is griefers abusing those "flag" systems to troll and persecute hapless PvE players that they've tricked into flagging, so they can squash them like the under-equipped bugs they are.

Lived through years of that in WoW. I'd prefer never to see it again.

Oh, me too.... and also in RIFT. Yes, I voluntarily played on a WoW pvp server in a very good friend's guild; but otherwise I was one of those "bugs" tricked by pvpers fairly frequently while I was new.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is already pvp in pve zones. It is called dueling and I find it quite intrusive when I'm trying to quest or do business in town. Almost as much as the newer trend toward over the top cartoon exploding mounts that literally obscure my entire screen for a couple seconds.

It is called dueling...

But it's still feel like ancient retro game quality. "Hew's bane" town map is more interesting than other city for PVP.
    But player can't do badass "Parkour" action like the Assassin's Creed in the ESO.
    (No Zipwire riding, No wall climbing, No tactical CQB, No effective stealth(only NB), No realistic parry,
    No environment based game design(like the wire trap hand grenade, or smoke grenade), But, just only meta build
    or loser. ESO PVP is ultimate boring contents so far, no thanks.)

Somebody said "ESO combat is totally outdated in 2024..." in the other PVP idea thread.
    I totally agree with that. The reason which I hate idea PVP in the PVE zone is outdated game design of ESO.
    And, I'm traditional Elder Scrolls fan. So, I'm satisfied with current PVE story quest.

But, if ZOS can rebuild game design basis just like the contemporary AAA action combat game,
    then I consider "PVP switch-ON" in the PVE zone. (Still PVP needs "optional mode" like the Fallout76.
    Because it's the TES game. Not pure PVP title.)

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More dangerous than normal daily WB mission, but can get something huge reward than usual.

Monster player kill 12(or more?) players until you're defeated = monster player win.

Need careful balance test, but at least, it's not meta build design like the usual PVP.
    Actually say, we're bored by script based Dragon acting. So I think it make sense little bit.

The reason why bring up this thread is to indicate basic problem of ESO game design.

One day, I and my guild member were dueling until dungeon queue filling up.
    My opponent player was CP 300 DD, and I was CP 1500 pure real tank(very small damage but tough).
    The opponent player keep attacking many times, but almost zero damage. I was just doing guard pose
    and didn't swing the my sword much. But few second later, opponent player was almost dying by my
    passive damage.

Meta + CP difference= No wining chance for my partner DD in that time.

Is this really fun? Well, not problem in PVE group mission. Because each role needs meta aspect.
    But in PVP, then just nonsense. ZOS needs to build new style ESO PVP contents with contemporary
    action game basis.
    Edited by AvalonRanger on February 3, 2024 2:04AM

2023/12/21
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey have you been to Imperial city?

There are some PVP builds you could have that turns you into a world boss.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 3, 2024 4:39AM
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] The session play as monster exist in LotRO for PvP zones exclusively and it is not much different from taking the hammer. This could easy be implemented as gimmick in the PvP zones. Not feeling like it would be super fun, but certainly not a big deal.

[snip] It is super easy to create a flag-system that can not be abused by baiting actions. The way it is implemented in other games (where the described issues occur) is a deliberate design choice to increase the ease of interaction. This is an absolute non-issue and nobody who wouldn't opt for it would be griefable. It would be a cool change, that could be combined with grouping up, to enable team duels.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2024 6:58PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings, as we've removed a few non-constructive comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2024 12:07PM
    Staff Post
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, if your idea is for new asymetric battleground, then take my money.
    Is it for old battleground maps or requires new maps designed - doesn't matter. I would play it. On a separate map.

Placing it in PvE location is a bad idea. Don't mix PvE and PvP.
    IC exists and it is the only of its kind. Guess why.

To those who try to tell me that mixing won't be exploited:
    I'll just remind you about chaos core killing players all over Tamriel.
    If you remember it, no more arguments needed I guess.
    If you can't get what it is about, you know nothing about PvP exploits in ESO :)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS had better reduce "META biased equipment (too much PVP, or too much PVE)"
    or reduce too much "META" game design for the future contents. Currently,
    those meta game design divide the ESO contents several faction, and never cross.

If ESO keep going current way...then...
    At least, PVPver definitely will become more and more minority, maybe leave from the game.

Well, I'm OK. Because I'm traditional Elder Scrolls fan. I don't need ESO PVP or MMO biased contents.
    Solo story based adventure is still main ESO contents for me. However, that's not MMO anymore.

So...

The idea of "dead by day light" style mission"

At least...
    This will solve boring AI Dragon PVE fighting.
    This will solve faction dividing.
    This will give diversity cross over zone regardless CP amount or experience of ESO.

Yea!, but it needs careful balance test, and must avoid dangerous exploiting possibility.

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way...
    Dragon is not immortal. Strong, but not immortal.
    You will be killed by the big "ballista" which set on the big city structure.

There're so many of balance tuning possibility out there.

I also feel PVP in the PVE is nonsense in the ESO. But planning difficult
    game design idea is very creative and constructive.

2023/12/21