Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Should there be like a Grandmaster fishing Achievement for all the DLC zones?

Mascen
Mascen
✭✭✭✭
Started blitzing through the regular master fisher achievement and i started wondering why not have a grandmaster achievement for all the DLC zones? Im eyeballing the numbers but in each of the vanilla alliances there were 5 zones plus cyrodiil, craglorn and the starter zones. As such i think we've gotten 10+ zones since then and a fishing achievement with each. So why not a suitable reward for 10 years of DLCs?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like that! I don't have any problem with AWA - for all my characters I keep track of what they've done and where they need to go next without issues at all; when I log into someone I know exactly what she's done, what she needs to do next etc (yeah.... all hundred or so of them - I have that kind of game mind, though I'm aware others do not).

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i would like that if it included a big reward like a little fishing house or another boat furnishing like the Master Angler boat.

as far as i know every dlc zone has a fishing achievement though so that is
    - craglorn, as it's not included with the base game master angler achievement
    - imperial city
    - wrothgar
    the Crab-Slaughter-Crane from Wrothgar's biggest catch achievement too
    - gold coast
    - Hew's Bane
    - Vvardenfell
    - Clockwork city
    - summerset
    and artaeum
    - murkmire
    - Northern Elsweyr
    - Southern elsweyr
    - western skyrim
    - the reach
    - blackwood
    - deadlands
    - high isle
    - galen
    - necrom
    telvanni peninsula/Apocrypha.
    and the rare fish of the Pulled from the Depths achievement from Apocrypha.

makes 19 master angler achievements with,
    21 including the two rare fishes from Wrothgar and Apocrypha.

which is about the same as the base game.
    base game was 15 regular alliance zones, 3 island fishing achievements, Coldharbour, and cyrodiil.
    so 20.

definitely makes sense to add another big fishing achievement!

Oh awesome, thanks for crunching the numbers. Actually yeah with gold coast now it would be an even 20. Starter islands ive always considered a bit iffy since theyve only had like one blue fish but yeah, the current numbers basically constitute enough for a Grandmaster fisher achievement.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Please no.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Please no.

Why do you say that? It wouldn't be something one HAD to do, right?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for this. Fishing is one of my favorite activities, and I wouldn't mind seeing more achievements and rewards for participating in it, since I'm absolutely going to do it anyway.

I especially love the idea of getting a little fishing house for doing so. There's some really adorable small houses scattered throughout the game that would make a great fishing house, especially if they were nestled in a small but picturesque plot right beside a little dock with a lake.

It would be extra awesome if it became the first house to actually offer fishing holes within a property, though I doubt they'd go that route.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no objections. Fishing really needs more love.

(I still want craftable lures and maybe a minor event though. Where’s the Daedric Lord of Fishing?!!)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • Saefti
    Saefti
    ✭✭✭
    Well the idea is less about the achievement itself and more the reward. Like theres multiple dyes and a sailboat house item for the Master fisher achievement currently. Maybe like a fishermans outfit with chest wader overalls made out of leather or somethin?[/quote]

This would be a nice addition, indeed.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m just miffed that a nicer boat is a reward for doing vKA. My trials team will probably do that eventually, but it might be a long time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Vrelanier
    Vrelanier
    ✭✭✭
    I like fishing a lot so more fishing achievements would be nice yeah! And generally just more stuff with fishing, like dailies or something. Something to collect. I haven't done all the fishing achievements yet, because they will run out. AWA was a mistake, but I've kinda gotten used to the thought that I'll only play one character.

I would absolutely love it if we could put a fishing pool in a house. I've thought about that for years now.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who say 'nay', I say:

1) turn off the ambient music
    2) turn on your favourite streamer OR music OR podcast
    3) enjoy the time spend on actively fishing and listening to what you like

Remember folks, it takes ZOS time to implement something, but they do - soooo maybe.

Again, after the patch notes, I was impressed, I mean IMPRESSED AF
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That achievement would get broken with each new zone added to the game.
    Call me Mait
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    That achievement would get broken with each new zone added to the game.

No it wouldn't, any more than the original achievement got broken when new zones were added. It would simply be a case of waiting until sufficient new zones had been added for another fishing achievement to be implemented.

I think it's a great idea to enhance the fishing system, but I'm ambivalent as to whether to provide a new inclusive achievement that builds on the existing one as a prerequisite for the expanded one, or simply creating a separate achievement covering the additional zones that were added since the original achievement was implemented.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will most likely happen. Maybe at next years global reveal. That would be awesome.
    PC-NA
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, as long as we get a cool achivement like the boat, maybe a new boat. Or now, since we have customized actions, maybe a unique fishing rod skin.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. For the simple fact that I do not want the achievement to be taken away and re-awarded once the newest zone has been fished. It would also change the date of earning and potentially the character that earned it.

It was bad enough that that happened with the free player homes. Thankfully they did not do that with Necrom's free home.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. For the simple fact that I do not want the achievement to be taken away and re-awarded once the newest zone has been fished. It would also change the date of earning and potentially the character that earned it.

It was bad enough that that happened with the free player homes. Thankfully they did not do that with Necrom's free home.

it would be a new achievement.
    it would not take your old fishing achievement away.

read the post carefully
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think each of them should have a good achievement reward or furnishing for each separate zone. It's pretty un-rewarding in the basegame to finish one zone, whereas finishing High Isle or Necrom unlocks a nice new furnishing you can buy, rewarding exploration. I don't know if all the older DLC/Chapters have a reward for their fishing achievement.

Really we just need more content to keep fishers busy. Fishing pledges when?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind this if it comes with some type of reward. Otherwise it would be kind of pointless.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just think each of them should have a good achievement reward or furnishing for each separate zone. It's pretty un-rewarding in the basegame to finish one zone, whereas finishing High Isle or Necrom unlocks a nice new furnishing you can buy, rewarding exploration. I don't know if all the older DLC/Chapters have a reward for their fishing achievement.

Western Skyrim, Deadlands, High isle, and Necrom have fishing furniture.
    deadlands has a sulfur pool like the ones you fish in.

so i think it's likely Gold Road will have a little furnishing at least.

oh fishing pledges could be fun!
    i hope we get more fishing content.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God no.... fishing stress me instead of being relaxing as other people says.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

off the top of my head, Greymoor had one.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭

read the post carefully

I know it won't affect the existing master fishing achievement. The new achievement will be affected as new DLC are added. The new achievement would be taken away and need to be re-achieved with the newest zone. And that is why I don't want an achievement that spans multiple DLC.

I thought the example of the free player homes was indication enough as to what I was talking about. Guess not, or maybe my post wasn't read carefully enough...

PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA

Characters EU

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I do not believe there is a need for "another achievement for having achievements". Especially considering that it would either need to be split up into stable fixed sub-achievements (e.g. "Daedric War Fisher", "Guilds and Glory Fisher", "Year of the Dragon Fisher"), or else be withdrawn and re-gained every time a new DLC or Chapter was added (because otherwise the new chapter would not be included in the old achievement).

And really, what is the point of an achievement telling you that you have a number of other achievements? There's already too many of those, what with every zone having its achievement for "complete all delves" and "complete all WBs" and "complete all zone main quest achievements". There really is no need for more. Especially with such a niche activity as fishing.

Edited by jle30303 on February 1, 2024 2:10AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

read the post carefully

I know it won't affect the existing master fishing achievement. The new achievement will be affected as new DLC are added. The new achievement would be taken away and need to be re-achieved with the newest zone. And that is why I don't want an achievement that spans multiple DLC.

I thought the example of the free player homes was indication enough as to what I was talking about. Guess not, or maybe my post wasn't read carefully enough...

"So why not a suitable reward for 10 years of DLCs?"
    :) for the current amount of dlc and then years in the future another one.

honestly i thought the number of dlc zone master angler achievements being the same as base game zone angler achievements was useful to get this

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeeees! I finished the master angler years and years ago, but I still haven't bothered with all the dlc as there's not enough reward in it. A nicer boat furnishing would be fantastic :)
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could add simple yet thematic boat furnishings for each of the DLC zones purchasable after completing the associated fishing achievement. Then add in a purchasable grand master fishing boat that can change in appearance based on how many of the unique individual boats are fed into it. A special activation UI could be added that would show which zones contributed to its current status.

No need to change the achievements, just offer something that could visually show others how much fishing one has done.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA

Characters EU

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this will never happen. But imagine what a cool reward:

You get all the fishing achievements in the game. All, including all DLCs and expansions.

This way, you free up a house of 100 slots: a small fishing boat in the middle of the ocean. (the really small ones - and we already have the technology for that with the gigantic Fair Winds). When a new DLC is released, you still keep the house, but you lose the possibility of placing furnishings in it until you get all the fish from the new DLC.
    @FabresFour - 1970 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.