Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Green CP Slottables - Why aren't they all passive?

Jordan_Black
Jordan_Black
✭✭✭
I just did a woodcrafting survey and picked up a treasure chest first. So I have to slot treasure hunter and then wait 30 seconds before looting my survey. This is an inconvenience. It's far from game breaking, but that's really all it is - an inconvenience. Even with the appropriate addon I still have to wait the 30 seconds.

Slottable red and blue CP means strategic combat decisions. Tradeoffs of one valuable thing for another. Slottable green CP is just an inconvenience. Why not have them all passive?
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭
    A question we all had since it's release.

Sadly, I wouldn't hope for a change. When the API was changed to add the 30 second timer to change your slottables (thereby screwing over the addon that was made to help manage this very problem), it was pretty clear that this is how they intend for it to play.
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Jack of all Trades addon does what the should in the first place. Passive green CPs pls !!
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is convenience for server basically. If i remember right new system does a lot less check compared to past system, resulting in less server strain.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also been asking about the overhaul of Craft - seriously, there is SO much that can be done to it. Warfare and Fitness was extended to sub-trees, but Craft? :/
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I wouldn't hope for a change. When the API was changed to add the 30 second timer to change your slottables (thereby screwing over the addon that was made to help manage this very problem), it was pretty clear that this is how they intend for it to play.
    This, for combat it makes sense you could focus on damage if fight for loot against gold cost boss zergs or you can speck more tanky who is easy with lots of CP. But for green tree it does not.
    And the addon is still very nice.

Also this one is scared to scream to high about changes here as I fear it would mostly be nerfs, nuking an city levels out the property values after all.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea people would finally find motivation to level to high cps then, since it would be actually worth it
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

This, for combat it makes sense you could focus on damage if fight for loot against gold cost boss zergs or you can speck more tanky who is easy with lots of CP. But for green tree it does not.
    And the addon is still very nice.

Also this one is scared to scream to high about changes here as I fear it would mostly be nerfs, nuking an city levels out the property values after all.

I wouldn't worry about asking for changes to the green tree. It has attracted VERY excitable discussions multiple times before.

I remember coming back to the game months after the overhaul happened and not understanding why I was harvesting at the speed of level 1. And then I saw. And then I dropped the game again for a few months.

The change, for the green stuff -- which has always been almost exclusively quality of life things -- was and is plain dumb. The whole point previously was that spending more time in ESO would remove limitations *that had been deliberately and artificially created in order for you to grind them away and feel a sense of progress*, like slow harvesting animations, poor rates from resource nodes, etc. Now we're just stuck at the worst, beginner level of those skills forever. They make not a jot of difference to anyone's experience except the player playing, in almost all cases.
    Edited by Northwold on January 28, 2024 12:15AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    It is convenience for server basically. If i remember right new system does a lot less check compared to past system, resulting in less server strain.

True, but that only applies to combat where there is an action every second that has calculations. Crafting and Harvesting and Thievery are more measured activities. The Green tree only exists the way it does to apply some arbitray balance to the system. They could easily have 10 or 12 green passives that can be slotted and not put a strain on the seevers. The fact that the 30 second cool down does not have much if any impact on the game when using the addon shows that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slottable red and blue CP means strategic combat decisions. Tradeoffs of one valuable thing for another. Slottable green CP is just an inconvenience. Why not have them all passive?

The whole green part seems forced and separate from the other two. It feels like they tried to hammer to make it fit. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

The whole green part seems forced and separate from the other two. It feels like they tried to hammer to make it fit. :neutral:
    The green tree seems to be designed to force you to make a 3 way choice between thief, fisher or crafter for that character (or buying armory station slots with crowns and real-life money).
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »

The green tree seems to be designed to force you to make a 3 way choice between thief, fisher or crafter for that character (or buying armory station slots with crowns and real-life money).

Even if you just pick crafter, there still aren’t enough slots for the five big things you would want to slot - Meticulous Disassembly, Homemaker, Treasure Hunter, Plentiful Harvest, and Master Gatherer. So rather than forget to reslot after making a change, I go without the faster harvesting.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly they could look at the most common 4 green slottables and make them all passives and there would still be plenty of choice.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the only things that should be slottable in the green tree are things we might want to choose to turn on and off. For example, we might want to turn off the faster mount speed by unslotting it in order to ride along with friends who have less/no CP. Conversely, once we learn to harvest faster, we should always know how to harvest faster. Or once we know how to disassemble things better, we should always know how to do that. Things like that should be passive just because it makes sense.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the idea of choosing between movement speed vs better stealth chance vs potion use or food duration.

these feel like valid choices.

the harvesting, deconstructing, repair armour cost ones just feel like things that we should always have. does anyone ever actually slot the armour one?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm now wondering if there was any PTS feedback about the CP 2.0 update before it became live, and whether anyone flagged the small number of green tree passive perks as a problem. It was before I started playing ESO I think, so I don't know what happened back then.
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 29, 2024 1:44AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I'm now wondering if there was any PTS feedback about the CP 2.0 update before it became live, and whether anyone flagged the small number of green tree passive perks as a problem. It was before I started playing ESO I think, so I don't know what happened back then.

Ah.... there was tons of feedback. And even more tons of "these should all be passives". ZOS didn't take any of that into account.

Actually, there's not many times in all the years I've been here that ZOS has changed something (or even fixed a REAL bug that was reported on PTS) - seriously, once PTS is active, what you see is what you get live.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they could rework the back end as part of the code refactoring that AFAIK is still WiP leveraging the new servers to do away (or at least reduce it to 1 GCD) with the 30s cooldown that apparently was required for CP 2.0 it would be a new lease of life for the green tree.

It would still not be ideal IMO; as has been already mentioned in this thread and the many threads that preceded it a lot more should be passive however at least it would be workable.

As it stands however is just too impractical to consider using half of the 'slottables'.

I know that on PC there is an addon that somewhat alleviates the drudgery however even with the addon there is still too much 'tapping one's fingers waiting for the 30s to pass' involved.

Edited by ApoAlaia on January 29, 2024 8:34AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Northwold yup. Its still astounds me that there are so many people who are against cutting node harvest times and increasing your odds for more mats from deconstructing items. And don't go anywhere near the mount speed stars... :D
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The entire green tree is a bit of a joke, to be honest and really flies in the 'play as you want (unless you want to change class)' mantra ZoS have going on.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.