Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Default forum search to results by date

Northwold
Northwold
✭✭✭✭✭
I just smiled wryly at a necro from 2015.

But would it be possible to have the forum search results default to sorting by most recent? This is, presumably, why necros happen so often here. You look for a thread and the search serves you up something from the Jurassic era. You happily tap away and only realise just how old the thread is after you've posted.
Edited by Northwold on January 24, 2024 4:46PM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    would it be possible to have the forum search results default to sorting by most recent?

Probably beyond Vanilla's capabilities...
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • virtus753
      virtus753
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't find the native forum search functional enough to use. Things that should come up under search terms do not, and things come up that don't contain the search words. Sorting by most recent would be nice, but for me it wouldn't solve the issue with the results being unreliable in the first place.

I always search on Google using the subdomain forums.elderscrollsonline.com. That way I can see dates up front. It also allows more flexibility with date ranges and generally finds more relevant content.
      Edited by virtus753 on January 24, 2024 5:15PM
    • RaptorRodeoGod
      RaptorRodeoGod
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This has been an issue for years tbh, you cant even select how to filter anything on mobile. I wish I remembered this when they had that forum survey a few months ago
      Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The forum search is a mess. Instead of this ridiculous search criteria "within a day/week/year/etc of <date>", we should be able to enter a start and end date, like in various other forum sites.

Also, many old threads are still relevant and still represent valid problems, so there should be no rules against replying to these, but I've given up on anything changing there.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390