Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Display of achievement points on the guild roster tab

Zilian92
Zilian92
Soul Shriven
The idea is to add a display of achievement points on the guild roster tab. This has several advantages:

1) It allows for a quick overview of which guild members have achieved more in the game, thereby helping to identify the more experienced members.

2) It encourages players to pursue more achievements, fostering a healthy competitive spirit within the guild. This motivation can lead players to engage in a wider variety of game activities.

3) The implementation is straightforward and requires minimal effort from the developers. Essentially, it involves adding an additional column to the guild roster tab to display achievement points, adjacent to Champion Points.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea of one more thing to judge players by.
    PCNA
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, thank you. Really not needed.

Especially in bigger guilds (trading guilds or additional social guilds for example) more experienced players aren't necessarily interested in others seeing their achievements. Getting bothered all the time with questions and demands while playing simply isn't fun.

Just use the tried and tested way instead: If you have a question or request for help, ask in guild chat. Those, who can provide advice and are willing to do so at this specific moment, will usually answer.
    Edited by Braffin on January 23, 2024 1:04AM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of this idea.

I'm not entirely certain of how you are defining "experience" in this context. Achievement points are not necessarily indicative of how experienced you are in every aspect of the game. There are many different ways to be experienced in ESO.

Someone may have less achievement points because they are not interested in some aspects of ESO, however they may actually be an expert in their area of gameplay, therefore making them quite experienced. Should a number on a guild roster dictate their level of skill before they ever have the chance to show off those skills?

Then, on the other hand, you may have someone who has tons of achievement points from questing, however they don't consider themselves experienced because they still feel they need to practice certain aspects of it- should they be pressured to offer experienced views or assistance just because a number on a guild roster proclaims them "experienced" when they do not wish to be thought of in that manner?

It is bad enough that one is expected to have a certain level of skill due to the leveling numbers floating over their head- we don't need more numbers adding additional pressure and elitism to the game.

Achievements should be done because they are something you WANT to do- not because you feel the need to compete and keep up with the Joneses in order to maintain someones social perceptions of you.

As of this time, Achievement points are private and can be shown off if one wishes via a screenshot, and they should remain that way.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on January 23, 2024 1:59AM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's nobody's business but my own.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more than happy to link relevant achievements in chat if I'm trying to get into some difficult group content.

Otherwise, it's not really anyone else's business. I'm not here to impress anyone but myself.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on January 23, 2024 4:35AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements haven't mattered since they went account wide.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    no thanks. mind your own business about my points. if you need to know and i feel like telling you it's my prerogative. mind yours and ill mind mine.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox you can just look at their gamercard (Xbox live profile) though I don't think the achievements recognized by Xbox Live is the actual FULL list you get in game.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, people can have a billion role-playing points, but not how to do a rotation or any dungeon/ trial mechanics to save their life. Experience is subjective.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the idea!
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this would help to identify experienced players, at least not in any useful way, because achievement points don't show you what a player has actually done.

The Style Master achievements for learning motifs each give 50 achievement points, the same as the hardest trial achievements. I haven't counted but I think there might be more achievement points just from learning motifs than completing all the trial achievements, and the only requirements to get them are gold and a bit of time to get to 9 traits researched.

A player could get a lot of achievement points without ever touching anything more demanding than a delve, meanwhile someone who spends all their time leading groups in Cyrodiil or training other players to do trials would have a lot fewer because there's less achievements available from those activities.

But by this logic the casual player who spends their time solo questing and wandering around zones is the one new guild members should all go to for help, because they get more achievement points.

(Of course if these 3 are all in the same guild it's likely the high AP player would tell the new player they don't know anything about trials or PvP or good builds and direct them to the knowledgeable players who run those activities, but even in that best case scenario it just means it's wasting everyone's time when the new player could have just asked in guild chat and got an answer from the actual experts right away.)
    Edited by Danikat on January 23, 2024 11:30AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Healthy" competition on an online environment between effectively anonymous individuals with no relation to each other?
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that idea.

Any form of giving some life to achievement points would be nice, for example titles, rewards for hitting some mark, maybe a possibility to convert those points to seals of endavours?
    And please dont tell me that they don't resemble players expierience. When I saw Treeshka in game I just had to do a screenshot, a player with all the achievement points deserves a "wow" from every one passing him by, or at least he should have a way to show it somehow. Currently the only way to know you're meeting a legend is to read it on forums ;)
    Edited by Tra_Lalan on January 23, 2024 12:08PM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zilian92 wrote: »
    The idea is to add a display of achievement points on the guild roster tab.

I couldn't give a flying blue fart about someone's achievement points.
    It's meaningless as a metric.

People spend way too much time worrying about what other players are doing.
    Leave them alone and focus on your own stuff.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on January 23, 2024 4:10PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I don't care about my own "achievements", don't even know what my "score" is and couldn't care less.