Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

ZOS pls do a special quest for the 10th anniversary

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure ZOS has a lot more in store for this year than what we saw in the global reveal yesterday, and personally I'm really excited for Scribing, but the whole presentation did feel a bit lackluster, especially with having in mind that this year will be the game's 10th anniversary. Therefore, I'm really hoping they have a special quest or event in the works to celebrate all that has happened in the game the past ten years, and all that the Vestige has accomplished.

For instance, they could do a special quest to coincide with the anniversary where the Vestige is having a dream, and in the dreams she is walking through different landscapes and meets characters that she has adventured with, or NPCs that featured prominently in stories, like the companions, the alliance leaders, the NPCs from the original Mage's/Fighter's Guild quests, and so on... they could each have a small dialogue and then bestow a gift to the Vestige (that surprisingly enough is still there when she wakes up), and this can be anniversary gifts for the players. A dream won't interfere with the canon in the game, and in this way we can revisit characters and places. Something like this would obviously require a lot of voice actors etc., but it's the 10th year, it should be something involved and special, not the same old prologue to the chapter, not the same old Jubilee event, but something separate, poignant and memorable.

Maybe ZOS does have something like this in mind already (I don't know if @ZOS_Kevin can at least nod enigmatically :smile:), but it's a really big milestone for the game and the player base, and I do hope we will be able to celebrate it accordingly.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    It's also the 30th anniversary of the whole TES series, by the way. I'm surprised it's never mentioned anywhere.

I didn't know that, but wow, that's a momentous occasion, and all the more reason to have something special for the anniversary then!
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I really hope ESO gets something very special for it's 10th year! And 30 years for the entire TES series, wow! :o:)

Just look at WoW. For their 15th Anniversary they highlighted some special raids throughout the years and some other things.
    That is just an example.

It's not everyday a game turns 10, double digits! It's special, deserves some extra recognition and attention.

Lots of veterans around here (like myself) who've been around for 10 years. Now I feel old...... :lol:
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    Idk seeing the global reveal was really lack luster and leaves a lot to be desired. I think they're slowly winding down on the amount of content with every chapter and focusing a lot of their time and development into the next MMO they're working on. 10 year mark and 30 years for tes and the only thing that looked like it could be something is the scib system the rest is meh. It pains me to see other mmo teams like blizzard going crazy and adding flying dragons and talking about rebuilding the foundation of wow and already have 3 expansions on the way and all we got is a customizable skill.

I'm not saying we need or want anything wow has but side by side one is getting major updates with all sorts of content and systems and we get scrbing. Sigh. I can't this game lasting 3 more chapters adding in such lack luster content that doesn't actually add much and then we have to wait another YEAR to get a little system that change the game a little bit. Say what you want but this game feels like it's on life support, I wish they put as much work into content as they do their cash shop.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well for those of us who chose Varen Aquilarios, a special quest in honor of the late actor Michael Gambon combined with the end of the tenth anniversary of The Harborage would be an incredible send-off, and extremely respectable.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on January 19, 2024 5:31PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    It's not everyday a game turns 10, double digits! It's special, deserves some extra recognition and attention.

Lots of veterans around here (like myself) who've been around for 10 years. Now I feel old...... :lol:

I agree (as a fellow old veteran :lol:), it's a pretty special and impressive milestone for the game, so there should be something equally special to celebrate it.
    I think they're slowly winding down on the amount of content with every chapter and focusing a lot of their time and development into the next MMO they're working on. 10 year mark and 30 years for tes and the only thing that looked like it could be something is the scib system the rest is meh. It pains me to see other mmo teams like blizzard going crazy and adding flying dragons and talking about rebuilding the foundation of wow and already have 3 expansions on the way and all we got is a customizable skill.

Even though I don't want to think pessimistically about the future of the game, this has been my impression as well, to be honest. But I do hope we will be proved wrong, and that they are still investing heavily in the game and we'll get developments similar in ambition to these examples.

Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Well for those of us who chose Varen Aquilarios, a special quest in honor of the late actor Michael Gambon combined with the end of the tenth anniversary of The Harborage would be an incredible send-off, and extremely respectable.

Something like this would be incredibly meaningful, honouring both the actors that have worked in the game as well as the characters and stories.
  • Drinks_from_Ponds
    Drinks_from_Ponds
    Soul Shriven
    I am really hoping we get something interesting or neat. I think a quest or something similar with a cool memento would be perfect. Wow, had you go to a specific area and you could get cool little items with some balloons, and you could go back and do some old content scaled up.

Since ESO does not do vertical scaling that is not an issue, but it would be fun to see fireworks or some cool decorations.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really hoping we get something interesting or neat. I think a quest or something similar with a cool memento would be perfect. Wow, had you go to a specific area and you could get cool little items with some balloons, and you could go back and do some old content scaled up.

Since ESO does not do vertical scaling that is not an issue, but it would be fun to see fireworks or some cool decorations.

Aw, the balloon thing sounds really cute. Hopefully, they can do some (lore-friendly) decorations in Tamriel as well. Fireworks or something else commemorative would indeed be awesome!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sour note here.

For Zenimax to add a worthwhile quest as part of the 10th anniversary, they needed to start working on it well before this week. That is if the quest is to be well thought out and developed. To put it into perspective, Zenimax is already working on the content for 2025 and 2026.

Hopefully, they have big plans in store for us for this special year. I would expect they do.