Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Played it safe for 10 years in a row

TheMessengerOfDeath
You know I'm not really disappointed, I sorta expected this and for the ten year anniversary it was pretty lackluster. I mean we have 1 skill basically that we can customize not 5 not 12 but 1. That's not going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. Especially not in combat like it's being advertised to do. I mean yay it glows different colors and might have a cool animation add maybe 100 elemental dmg and a small buff or de buff. I hate to be a negative nancy but here we are once again with them playing it safe.

They added Mythics that are more game changing than this entire system like WOW. It's main purpose is like Rich said himself it's fashion. It's another way to look "Cooler" I really hope this is a joke because Tales Of Tribute the worst thing in many peoples eyes was a higher selling point than an animation with a very minimal effect on gameplay. I'm not even going to discuss this any further.

I'm just beyond glad when zos releases a new chapter to expect the bare minimum. I'm just curious where you guys spend all that over priced $200 for a house money at. Doesn't go back into the eso.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that "one skill" has many, MANY customization options that stack up quick.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • TheMessengerOfDeath

and that is the selling point of the entire chapter ? Pfff okay
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It least everyone can use these skills in some form. That is more then can be said for Arcanist and ToT.
    PvP needs more love.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

... and all the other stuff: new zone, new sets, new antiquities, new collectibles, new quests. Personally, I don't think a chapter has to introduce a new feature to the game to be worth playing. I like exploring the new zone and doing the new quests and collecting things.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    what? it's 1 skill per weapon line plus the world skill lines. so even if you're double barring something like a bow/bow setup you still get 6 new skills minimum.

maybe go back and rewatch the presentation...

So you can use 6 skill at once ? Or is it like I thought you get to use 1 skill at a time ?

• TheMessengerOfDeath
    vsrs_au wrote: »

... and all the other stuff: new zone, new sets, new antiquities, new collectibles, new quests. Personally, I don't think a chapter has to introduce a new feature to the game to be worth playing. I like exploring the new zone and doing the new quests and collecting things.

I'm happy for you
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard anything about only being able to slot 1 skill. As far as I understand it, you get 1 per weapon bar, plus skills for soul magic, assault, mages' guild, etc. That sounds like plenty, especially considering the amount of customization each will have.
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    It's another way to look "Cooler" I really hope this is a joke because Tales Of Tribute the worst thing in many peoples eyes was a higher selling point than an animation with a very minimal effect on gameplay. I'm not even going to discuss this any further.
    Yeah, no.
    Tales of Tribute is still the absolute weakest chapter selling point in the history of ESO, Blackwood's companions being a close second.
    ep7pghla8qhb.png
    If the system as shown in pic lets me condense a couple utilities into one skill, like a spammable of the element of my choice that also grants major sorcery/prophecy, access to a magicka costing ranged bleed or ranged off balance/stun application then it will already be vastly better than most recent chapters, Necrom included, and the first chapter worth money from my pov in a long time.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    what? it's 1 skill per weapon line plus the world skill lines. so even if you're double barring something like a bow/bow setup you still get 6 new skills minimum.

maybe go back and rewatch the presentation...

So you can use 6 skill at once ? Or is it like I thought you get to use 1 skill at a time ?

So there's 1 skill added to each non-class skill line; so far it's each weapon skill line, soul, mage's guild and fighter's guild. Dunno about the rest, but those have been pretty much confirmed. So you could have 4 skills on a bar from this update, assuming the soul one and the guild ones are actually any good.

Imo, this seems more like a way to monetize updating the older skill lines. Rather than updating them or adding more skills to them, they're making a system to justify putting them behind a paywall. It's probably partially that, but I do like the idea of customizable skills... If they're actually good and worth using.
    Edited by merpins on January 19, 2024 2:17AM