Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

A Global Reveal Event needs a 6 hours maintenance ?!?!

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
I read the brief explanation about today's maintenance. It just says it was for the Global Reveal Event, that's it. I wonder what it means... can anyone explain please?
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it means we will know what it means during the reveal event.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playstation had maintenance yesterday
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They usually have to load the preorder bundles and promotions so they can advertise them during the twitch launch. Plus today starts the Guilds and Glory event.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on January 18, 2024 6:12PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Gets credit card ready for the preorder>
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the brief explanation about today's maintenance. It just says it was for the Global Reveal Event, that's it. I wonder what it means... can anyone explain please?

Among other things, I suspect that they withheld some stuff due to data mining.

The store is being updated for the two hours before the event. They did that last year. With mixed web site performance, as I recall.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maintenance only lasted a couple hours and was back online, so not even close to six hours. Patch notes say it was a small patch in preparation for the global reveal. I'm guessing they've added the prequel quest.
    Edited by ADarklore on January 18, 2024 7:20PM
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ Stamina Dragonknight ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maintenance didn't last the scheduled six hours, though. I don't think it hit five hours, even.
    It was closer to four.

And WHY are you bringing this up hours after it was completed? It didn't come anywhere close to interfering with the event, so why?
    It seems like people simply want to complain about maintenance, just because.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • OtarTheMad
      OtarTheMad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      They also probably added the emote for people to get them during the stream and also added any sort of Pre-order item(s) so people get those immediately when they order
    • Rishikesa108
      Rishikesa108
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Maintenance didn't last the scheduled six hours, though. I don't think it hit five hours, even.
      It was closer to four.

And WHY are you bringing this up hours after it was completed? It didn't come anywhere close to interfering with the event, so why?
      It seems like people simply want to complain about maintenance, just because.

I was not complaining, just asking. I was asking hours after maintenance because I could log in the game just in that hour, not before, maybe you not, but usually people have to work :-)
      In fact, I didn't even know that the maintenance had taken less than expected.
      Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself