Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

New chapter hopes

TheMessengerOfDeath
I really hope the reveal today shows us ZOS can do more than just adding in a new map every year. I want them to deviate from the same path and actually take a shot in the dark at something totally new with a new chapter this year. IA and the arcanist was a okay thing but nothing ground breaking it pretty much followed the same path. ZOS please quit playing it safe and actually make something that will keep the player base engaged and bring interest to new players.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope for something new too, A new zone, delves, public dungeon, wb isnt new content in my opinion its just same old stuff but with the overland looking diffrent thats all.

IA was great tho so thumbs up for that!

Im not much for story telling quest, that might be great i have no clue.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we get the usual, new zone, new quests, new companions. I think adding Arcanist and the crux system was pretty ground breaking for ESO. Overall I was very happy with Necrom.

OP, you forget that they have to follow Elder Scrolls lore, so there really isn't much they can do that's "totally new", let alone the fact that the game engine is pretty much at its limit.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I hope we get the usual, new zone, new quests, new companions. I think adding Arcanist and the crux system was pretty ground breaking for ESO. Overall I was very happy with Necrom.

OP, you forget that they have to follow Elder Scrolls lore, so there really isn't much they can do that's "totally new", let alone the fact that the game engine is pretty much at its limit.

We love eso lore that’s why most of us play eso but not everything is lore friendly and I’m not asking for anything not in eso lore but you do have to go outside of those bounds a little to make something work. I’m sure most people would far more enjoy fun content than it be 100% accurate and lore friendly.
    Edited by TheMessengerOfDeath on January 18, 2024 2:08PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We love eso lore that’s why most of us play eso but not everything is lore friendly and I’m not asking for anything not in eso lore but you do have to go outside of those bounds a little to make something work. I’m sure most people would far more enjoy fun content than it be 100% accurate and lore friendly.

I'm sure there's tons of fun content they could still come up with without breaking lore, so I don't see any need for that.

Btw, who is "we" and how do you know what "most people" think?

Edited by Syldras on January 18, 2024 2:12PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    Syldras wrote: »

I'm sure there's tons of fun content they could still come up with without breaking lore, so I don't see any need for that.

Btw, who is "we" and how do you know what "most people" think?

We as in most people playing are here because of lore and previous elder scrolls games.

“I’m sure most people would would far more enjoy fun content” is an assumption I made not a statement held together by facts.

You seem to have got confused and trying to come off as condescending. Well it doesn’t work with the way my sentence is structured. I never said anybody would enjoy it or what they should think. I just assumed they wouldn’t mind it been a little less lore friendly if the fun component was there. Not sure why you’re trying to come at me sideways but take that somewhere else.

Edited by TheMessengerOfDeath on January 18, 2024 2:17PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as i get my zone and story quest i will be happy, you can have other thing on top of that. Ifinite archive shoulnt have been its own content drop. Got borring real quick.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not here because of lore, so personally I could care less if they jumped the shark and did something completely un-lore friendly. However, I AM here because of what ESO offers that I personally enjoy... quests and companions.

Although, I don't know if ESO lore includes glowy mounts and perma-glow skills.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to have got confused and trying to come off as condescending. (...) Not sure why you’re trying to come at me sideways but take that somewhere else.

Actually, I was only interested in what your sources are or how you formed those opinions, as I have never seens stats (about how many people are here because they are TES fans or how many care for lore-friendlyness), but would find it interesting if there was something like that (and I don't follow any gaming websites, so I normally don't see it if there are any official statements or interviews that are not on the ESO website).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    Syldras wrote: »
    You seem to have got confused and trying to come off as condescending. (...) Not sure why you’re trying to come at me sideways but take that somewhere else.

Actually, I was only interested in what your sources are or how you formed those opinions, as I have never seens stats (about how many people are here because they are TES fans or how many care for lore-friendlyness), but would find it interesting if there was something like that (and I don't follow any gaming websites, so I normally don't see it if there are any official statements or interviews that are not on the ESO website).

Make a poll on the forum and you will find your answer. Playing since beta and just over the years you begin to understand who plays and why’s. With that being said if eso was a new mmo back on 2014 and if wasn’t tied to the elder scrolls it would’ve been a dead game on launch and it would’ve never seen the light of day.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a poll on the forum and you will find your answer. Playing since beta and just over the years you begin to understand who plays and why’s. With that being said if eso was a new mmo back on 2014 and if wasn’t tied to the elder scrolls it would’ve been a dead game on launch and it would’ve never seen the light of day.

It's "only" my 8th ESO anniversary soon, but I'm a forum regular for 5 years or so, and in those 5 years I've seen many postings of people who don't care for ESO lore much (or even not at all), people who never read lore books, people who just click through all dialogues without reading or listening to them, people who don't quest at all and only concentrate on PvP and/or trials, people who have never played a TES game before and have no greater interest in the lore, let alone joined because it's a TES game, etc.

Being someone who has played TES since Arena (the first two games as a child, the first one still sitting on my father's lap), who absolutely loves TES lore and who still considers TES3 Morrowind to be his favorite game (not only TES game, but game in general) even 22 years later, I always found it strange that some people play ESO without paying attention to the wonderful lore at all. It feels like a waste to me. And yes, to me it would also seem obvious that the big advantage ESO has to be outstanding is that it's a TES game and has a deep lore background it could make use of. But it's the way it is, ESO players who don't care for lore or TES in general exist and it's their personal choice what to do in the game. Over the years, I have acknowledged it, I'm just still wondering about how the percentages are. It's definitively not that clear as one might think.

So stats would be interesting. And no, a forum poll would unfortunately not show a realistic picture. There are over 23 million registered ESO accounts, and a few hundred thousand of them active on a regular basis (there had been stats about that). The forum probably only has a few thousand members, and to be honest, if I look around, it's only a few dozens who write here regularly. I'm not sure how many participants the average poll here has, but it's for sure only a very, very little percentage of the playerbase. Let it be 0,1-0,2% or something like that, if we focus only on regularly active ESO accounts. And forum users aren't neccessarily representative either. I think it can be assumed that to register on a forum and write postings regularly - many forum users for years - , someone has an above average interest in the topic.

Edited by Syldras on January 18, 2024 3:00PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Players: We want something new!
    Also ESO Players: Nothing new! Don't touch my walled garden!
    Also Also ESO Players: "We" is too general of a term, I don't like your tone, grumble grumble.

Man, let people hope for whatever. What's gonna happen is gonna happen and we'll find out what that is today.
    My list of hopes include an overhaul to the class system, vet overland, spellcrafting, a revert to templar jabs, 5 new classes at the same time, and a new lockpicking minigame where you have to beat the first level of super mario to unlock the lock.
    Edited by merpins on January 18, 2024 4:12PM
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    merpins wrote: »
    ESO Players: We want something new!
    Also ESO Players: Nothing new! Don't touch my walled garden!
    Also Also ESO Platers: "We" is too general of a term, I don't like your tone, grumble grumble.

Man, let people hope for whatever. What's gonna happen is gonna happen and we'll find out what that is today.
    My list of hopes include an overhaul to the class system, vet overland, spellcrafting, a revert to templar jabs, 5 new classes at the same time, and a new lockpicking minigame where you have to beat the first level of super mario to unlock the lock.

This is beautiful