Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What’s the selling point this year…..?

Animar111
Animar111
✭✭✭✭
Necromancer,Card game,Arcanist………
Each year we get a selling point for the game….
I hope this year it’s good enough to keep me playing ESO or will it be something that makes me feel like it’s time to move on.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We find out in about 24 hours...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what the global reveal is for homie - it REVEALS stuff like that :)
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to Skingrad is probably the luring point of this update. The main feature most people are “guessing” is spell crafting. I think it is going to be spell customization honestly.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will see in tomorrow's livestream!
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe there will be some sort of announcement for ZOS's plan this year.
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only "selling points" (in OP's sense of the phrase) that were interesting to me were Antiquities and Companions.
    I enjoy getting leads, collected lots of nice furniture, the mount, and made me an Oakensoul and Wild Hunt ring. Plus, I love the Glowing Treasure Trove passive.
    And I never go anywhere without Bastian, he's a great guy, I just love having him around and hearing his comments. (He's also really helpful when doing bosses, or dungeons with only one friend.)

The others just... weren't selling points for me.
    I only have one main character since 2016, and he's a Dragon Knight. I don't have a Warden, and wouldn't have been even remotely interested in either a Necromancer or an Arcanist, even if I wanted to make a new character.
    I don't play Tales of Tribute (too busy playing ESO ;) ), and so far can't remember having used Jewel Crafting for more than daily crafting quests. (Because the jewelry I need tends to be non-craftable. Or do you need it to reconstruct jewelry? In that case that would be the only thing I do with it besides dailies.) I don't PvP, so Battlegrounds do nothing for me. Oh, I almost forgot about the Psijic skill line. Have it, but never use it, either.

That said - the "selling point" of a new chapter for me always are the new zones and new quests. More to do and to explore for my character. Collecting some nice new things on the way. That's what I play ESO for. No gimmicks and frippery needed.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to say vet overland and romanceable companions but the former would be base game and the latter would require whichever chapter the companion came from. Although I wouldn’t buy this years chapter without a vet overland.

Hopefully we get a weapon skill line like spears or destruction skill line.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It won't be pvp, that's for sure
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    We need a eso version of mario kart for a mini game LOL
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eww. No thanks.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know for 10 years the selling point should have been look at how different the game is since release and how much we have improved the game and then sell up the Skyrim nostalgia and have Winterhold as chapter I would say like TESO: reimagined or something I think remaster is too much but that should have been the sell point oh well.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    TaSheen wrote: »

Eww. No thanks.

Nothing is worse than Tales Of Tribute
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...there is the jousting area in High Isle at the castle (I forget its name). Place is LEGIT.

So, we know that mounted competitiver sport is a thing in ESO, so while mario kart might be a bit extreme with dwemer vehicles, some form of mounted/vehicular competiton is not far fetched.

I'd buy it!

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new selling point starts with s and ends with g. Now go figure out! Sewing, seasoning, spellcrafting, seducing...
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 18, 2024 10:13AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -