Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

So if Skingrad is the next Zone, what do you want/expect/hope for it?

Mascen
Mascen
✭✭✭✭
TES4 Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls game so all zones of Cyrodill have a special spot in my memories.

My biggest hope is that ZOS does something with either Rosethorn Hall or Summitmist Manor as a player house. Back when the gold coast was made, the Anvil house from oblivion that had the lich in the basement was turned into the Anvil Bank much to my chagrin. As such Im hoping that ZOS allows us to have this easter egg.

Honestly the beauty of the Summitmist DB quest in Oblivion was that there was like a million different ways to tackle it depending on your playstyle. If ZOS really wants to do a throwback, they could try and do a similar quest with outcomes dependent not only on your choices but a player characters background, skills, and dialogue choices, similar to how there were different options for the Experiment with Peace quest in High Isle where there was a dialogue option if your PC had a high enough Alchemy skill or could just go all thieves guild style and just swipe the key to the storage room.

The only drawback i can think of is that it would require the VAs for the npc characters to do some more lines than usual.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember Summitmist, but I bought Rosethorn during my Oblivion playthrough. So that would be cool to see again.

I'm excited to be able to finally explore County Skingrad again. ZOS did a fantastic job with Gold Coast zone, so I'm optimistic about what might be coming.

One thing I hope for is it to be well-connected to neighbouring zones. Connections to GC are a no-brainer, but I hope they remember the Arenthia gate, too. It would make a lot of sense to connect it to Fort Sphinxmoth too, but its pretty obscure and I'm sure they wont remember that one.

There's one thing ESO can do that BGS can't match, and its a BIG part of the appeal:

3xjee6d20d4s.png
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for an expansion to the existing Cyrodiil PvP zone, maybe new mechanics and more stuff to do in the zone in general. It's gotten quite stale over the last 10 years and, being such a center piece of original 2014 ESO, a remake for the 10th anniversary would be spot on. A refocus on the Three Banner War story that is totally been lost over the last 10 years.

But, realistically, I know they aren't going to do that... ZOS HATES messing with existing zones. So, I'd be happy with just a new PvP zone in the Colovian Estates. Maybe some fun PvP games.

Also, it'd be awesome to see a return of the Brotherhood! With Mephala speculated to be a major part of the story, and the close proximity to the Gold Coast, it'd be great to get a Brotherhood tie-in with the Night Mother!
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skingrad could be beautiful. Like the Gold Coast or Summerset Isles expansion.

Looking forward to this.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember Summitmist

It's part of a Dark Brotherhood quest. The one where you have to kill all the guests of a party.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same things I lways hope for. Pvp updates. I don't even want a new map. Just new balance. Nerf mdw and vate. Limit heal stacking. Reduce health scaling heals. Cap damage mitigation. Adjust vampire underneath passive. Give necro some love.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i hope for Rosethorn Hall as the gold purchaseable house.

and i hope that the home goods or achievement furniture merchants have small and large Skingrad banners,
    because i love its moon symbol and it's nice to have more banners.

also hope that home goods will have lots of trees and other flora.
    That area looks pretty in Oblivion.
    i don't really know what kind of imperial furniture to hope for, but a new version of this basegame imperial hearth that we see in the Gold Coast too would be awesome at least
    kd7xpggla6t3.jpg
    and a Skingrad version those little tower structures we got in Blackwood and High isle.

and uh we need our first bosmer notable home, perhaps somewhat near the Valenwood border.

similar to this old basegame loading screen
    zb1tsnb92wyb.jpg

i hope it's in a little valley with waterfalls with a pond and a huge treehouse, similar to these from the basegame
    xp44bga4uuzf.jpg
    1577d1eo87xf.jpg
    though hopefully made with new assets, similar to the giant Amenos and Galen trees?

plus hoping for new bosmeri furniture, for every kinda furniture plan, as the chapter zone will border Valenwood and clearly we'll see bosmer.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    Oftentimes in eso there are hostiles too densely packed almost everywhere you go
    Definitely.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not expecting nor hoping anything tbh.
    Not sure why but it's strange, I have zero hype right now :(
    Maybe that will change on Thursday during the reveal, idk.

I know it's a lame thing, but if I hope for anything I spose it's overall performance improvements.
    It's been consistently bad since the last major patch and it's killing my desire to do anything in ESO except writs.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a whodunnit quest involving the dark brotherhood.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I would hope that it doesn't look too similar to in Oblivion, there is quite a bit of time between the two games
    Soupy twist
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it’s not tiny like the Telvanni Peninsula. Hate how it took up so much of the map and then it’s scaled so small. Opposite problem that High Isle had but I ask they never scale something like they did the Telvanni peninsula again. 🙏
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's a little silly, but when I think of Skingrad the first thing that comes to mind is always a mod that placed a brothel next to the city... :D
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    TBH I would hope that it doesn't look too similar to in Oblivion, there is quite a bit of time between the two games

I prefer it looks like Oblivion more than say the Rift and Eastmarch look like TES V which both look bad comparatively. I prefer what they did with Greymoor. I do hope they lean into the wine country more than Oblivion. I love the vineyard areas in Summerset. Colovian Highlands can be more interesting too, that area was very much just proc gen and I suppose Sutch could be here too?
    Edited by Fata1moose on January 16, 2024 4:04PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

I prefer it looks like Oblivion more than say the Rift and Eastmarch look like TES V which both look bad comparatively. I prefer what they did with Greymoor. I do hope they lean into the wine country more than Oblivion. I love the vineyard areas in Summerset. Colovian Highlands can be more interesting too, that area was very much just proc gen and I suppose Sutch could be here too?

oh it would be pretty cool if we had a home in Colovia with a vineyard
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping we see some expansion to combat with a host of new skills, new weapon types and possibly aesthetic customisation via a spellcrafting-esque system (which has been heavily hinted at this time round versus previous years). More expansion of general player customisation and some challenging PvE story and group content. Would be great for the PvP crowd to get some well deserved content also given how loyal they've been to the game with very little in return content wise. It's the 10 year anniversary and ZoS plans to celebrate it for the whole year, they can't afford to fumble this one so my expectations are higher than they would be otherwise.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the writing will actually be somewhat nice. With nice quest experience and dialogue that could at least give us the illusion of choice.

Better lore implementation of the area it takes place in, it's people and their cultures. ESO has suffered there the latest years. So much feels bland and generic and seem to ignore older lore. Don't just do a prettier TES4, but actually better all the issues and flaws it had. Also put focus on the area and its people, instead of some side daedric theme or whatever that takes all focus and resources.

I'm already worried because of imperials treatment so far, and how the possible bosmer part is some non-Pact ones. We finally may get bosmer stuff and it may not have the main bosmer culture. Will probably be a blander version.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think some sort of PvE Cyrodiil zone.

What I don't want though is for ZOS to go down the time-travel rabbit hole.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a meh skill line this time ...
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon there will be 10 years since I play ESO, and if the chapter is Skingrad, I am excited!

I liked Oblivion a lot, so returning to this iconic city would be very interesting. I think it opens a lot of possibilities. My hopes is to make it as a new capital city, with a great crafting hub, quick acces to bank, and some middle sided residence very close to all this.

But more than anything, I wish for a memorable story. Some of the stories in the previous chapters were not so engaging to do them with more than one character... Necrom was a change though.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in hearing more about County Skingrad current relations with the rest of the world. It's more isolated than the Gold Coast or Blackwood and they tried to annex Arenthia. I expect ESO's Skingrad to be more distressed than TESIV's.