Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Daily Endeavor ' Spend 2k Archival Fortune'

XSTRONG
XSTRONG
✭✭✭✭✭
Did we ever have a currency so useless that ZOS need to pay us Crown currency to spend it?
Edited by XSTRONG on January 12, 2024 5:47PM
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have Endeavors to encourage us to spend Writ Vouchers, Tel Var Stones, Gold, Alliance Points, Transmute Crystals, and Undaunted Keys to go along with this Endeavor. I don't think Endeavors for spending currency like Seals of Endeavor, Crown Gems, and Crowns should qualify, because those tie in to the Crown Store directly.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do wish they offered more than 2 leads per week, many times its leads i dont even need

i also buy treasure maps to get leads, but the way they implemented that was horrendous (you can only buy 1 map box at a time, which means you can only have a maximum of 1 of each treasure map of the selected zone + 1 extra box because the boxes are "unique"

i would rather be able to just buy 20 of the treasure map boxes and have it give me a random map from them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had hoped the rotating vendor in IA would have a bit more variety when they first announced it... I find it quite disappointing most of the time. Like it would be cool if it occasionally had things like a random motif or furnishing plan or a "mat of the week", maybe even a random piece of dungeon or trial or pvp gear sometimes. As it is, I rarely have any motivation to spend my fortunes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had hoped the rotating vendor in IA would have a bit more variety when they first announced it... I find it quite disappointing most of the time. Like it would be cool if it occasionally had things like a random motif or furnishing plan or a "mat of the week", maybe even a random piece of dungeon or trial or pvp gear sometimes. As it is, I rarely have any motivation to spend my fortunes.

i agree that the selection is kind of limited

the only 4 possible items i usually buy from that vendor (depending on if i need it), would be treasure maps (for zones i need leads), public dungeon collectible items (again, only as needed), leads (as needed), and the monster style page (if im missing it)

this week was the first week in which i didnt need the monster style page, so less reason to spend anything lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The provisioning boxes drop mourning dew occasionally (got 2 so far out of like maybe 10-15) FYI so the crafting boxes are definitely worth buying if you are looking for something to spend on.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    The provisioning boxes drop mourning dew occasionally (got 2 so far out of like maybe 10-15) FYI so the crafting boxes are definitely worth buying if you are looking for something to spend on.

If you think getting 2 mourning dew out of 10-15 containers is worth it thats great.

But how many hours in IA does it take to get 20-30k Archival Fortunes for a random player? I would say several hours.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's interesting and I will give that a try I guess, but you might have been pretty lucky there.

What I got out of the mat boxes (other than alchemy, which does sometimes have the good alchemy mats) when I tried them made me stop buying them very quickly, lol.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting until those class set style pages start showing up.

They're already in the collections menu as "obtained from IA bosses and merchants," but we haven't seen one pop yet. Suffice to say that I'm ready for when it does. Especially that NB headgear.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more than a million of that currency so it was an easy Endeavour for me but i can understand that people want to save it for Style Pages.

On a side note it seems that Provisioning Sack seems to be most profitable to open.ajqfq204nvob.png
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the IA is the shiny new thing, but it just seems to me that the sheer number of IA based endeavors seems a bit overdone. I can't remember this many for say ToT, or Bastion Nymic.

I don't have anything I want to spend the IA money on right now. I want the skeever pet and since the drop rate for the parts is so low I'm saving up funds to buy them from the vendor when they come back around. There haven't any leads I want and after a number of boxes I don't think the companion gear is worth it. So not much to spend it on...
    Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on January 12, 2024 8:53PM
    PS5/NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be easier if all the Archive furnishings weren't so massively overpriced. 15-20k fortunes for one furnishing item is hours and hours of farming. It would feel very defeating to spend all those Fortunes and only receive a handful of furnishings.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the IA is the shiny new thing, but it just seems to me that the sheer number of IA based endeavors seems a bit overdone. I can't remember this many for say ToT, or Bastion Nymic.

I don't have anything I want to spend the IA money on right now. I want the skeever pet and since the drop rate for the parts is so low I'm saving up funds to buy them from the vendor when they come back around. There haven't any leads I want and after a number of boxes I don't think the companion gear is worth it. So not much to spend it on...

they only just recently added any endeavors for tribute, and the only tribute endeavor they added was for playing queued matches with other players, which is not fun for me lol

i dont think there have been any endeavors specifically referencing bastion nymics, or if they did have any it would be along the same vein as "do a harrowstorm" or "do an abyssal geyser"

i think a reason most of those dont show up more or expanded upon is that they all have DLC requirements, but archive does not as it is base game
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have Endeavors to encourage us to spend Writ Vouchers, Tel Var Stones, Gold, Alliance Points, Transmute Crystals, and Undaunted Keys to go along with this Endeavor. I don't think Endeavors for spending currency like Seals of Endeavor, Crown Gems, and Crowns should qualify, because those tie in to the Crown Store directly.

I don’t do my sealed writs I get from dailies right away, I sometimes do them when we get a daily endeavor that matches up, for example, craft
    five enchanting glyphs, so that feeds two birds with one hand of seeds (l don’t kill birds with stones). 🙂
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

If you think getting 2 mourning dew out of 10-15 containers is worth it thats great.

But how many hours in IA does it take to get 20-30k Archival Fortunes for a random player? I would say several hours.

I run prog trials so I am probably not an average dps player, but I only have time for one IA run per week to arc 2. I have bought 2 leads and nothing else, and have about 30k fortunes.

I am building up a stockpile of fortunes that I will use first to get all the leads I want, then the other stuff.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We shouldn't have endeavors to spend specific currencies at all. Most people want to save those for when they really need them, not waste them trading one currency for another. Many of those currencies hold a far higher value than the measly 15 endeavors you'd get to spend them on stuff you don't want at the moment.

There are five different daily endeavor options — no need to spend archival currency if there’s nothing you want.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 14, 2024 2:22AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what a bizzare take.

there are endvours to do quests or sell items to merchants or refine mats. endevours are just "do stuff, get reward" not a value judgement.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This "discussion" question is no better than a poll with biased options.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did we ever have a currency so useless that ZOS need to pay us Crown currency to spend it?

I think some endeavors are meant to encourage some players to try sonething they haven't done yet, while simultaneously rewarding other players who are already doing that same thing.

For instance, "Consume 4 drinks." It might seem bizarre that there could be new players who don't use food and drink yet, but I'm sure they exist-- but probably not for long, because it's one of those things that the vast majority of new players find out about very quickly. So it's remotely conceivable that the endeavor is partially aimed at getting new players to start using food and drink-- but it's far more likely that it's primarily aimed at rewarding those players who already use food and drink on a regular basis.

The "spend Archival Fortunes" endeavor is no different. It might conceivably be intended to encourage players to earn a bit of Archival Fortunes and then spend some, but it's more likely meant to reward players who are already doing that.

It's like the marketing pitch we got when Endeavors were first announced-- "Earn Seals of Endeavor by completing daily and weekly activities that you're probably already doing anyway!" or words to that effect. We aren't meant to be going out of our way to do things that we wouldn't otherwise want to do just so we can earn some Seals of Endeavor from it.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I think some endeavors are meant to encourage some players to try sonething they haven't done yet, while simultaneously rewarding other players who are already doing that same thing.

For instance, "Consume 4 drinks." It might seem bizarre that there could be new players who don't use food and drink yet, but I'm sure they exist-- but probably not for long, because it's one of those things that the vast majority of new players find out about very quickly. So it's remotely conceivable that the endeavor is partially aimed at getting new players to start using food and drink-- but it's far more likely that it's primarily aimed at rewarding those players who already use food and drink on a regular basis.

The "spend Archival Fortunes" endeavor is no different. It might conceivably be intended to encourage players to earn a bit of Archival Fortunes and then spend some, but it's more likely meant to reward players who are already doing that.

It's like the marketing pitch we got when Endeavors were first announced-- "Earn Seals of Endeavor by completing daily and weekly activities that you're probably already doing anyway!" or words to that effect. We aren't meant to be going out of our way to do things that we wouldn't otherwise want to do just so we can earn some Seals of Endeavor from it.

For the most part I agree, but in some cases I do go for endeavors I wasn’t planning on, like earn tel var. I don’t ever plan to go out and do that ever, so I appreciate it coming up some days. I won’t spend fortunes because they are a finite resource for me, and one that is time-consuming.

Regardless, I was able to avoid doing that particular one that day and still get 3 so no big deal.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I was gonna buy a Reach treasure map, anyway, so it worked out well. It gave me a lead for an ancestral motif page I already have, though. :'(
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Archival fortunes allowed me to buy a lead that drops from Graven Deep, thus saving me the frustration and effort of farming. I've also gotten three monster masks* that would've cost me a few million at guild traders. In conclusion, I don't find them useless at all.

*Edit: monster mask style pages.
      Edited by Carcamongus on January 14, 2024 10:00AM
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • MidniteOwl1913
      MidniteOwl1913
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Archival fortunes allowed me to buy a lead that drops from Graven Deep, thus saving me the frustration and effort of farming. I've also gotten three monster masks that would've cost me a few million at guild traders. In conclusion, I don't find them useless at all.

You can buy monster masks from guild traders?
      PS5/NA
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Archival fortunes allowed me to buy a lead that drops from Graven Deep, thus saving me the frustration and effort of farming. I've also gotten three monster masks that would've cost me a few million at guild traders. In conclusion, I don't find them useless at all.

The style pages that let you use them at outfit stations. Not the actual set items.
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

For the most part I agree, but in some cases I do go for endeavors I wasn’t planning on, like earn tel var. I don’t ever plan to go out and do that ever, so I appreciate it coming up some days. I won’t spend fortunes because they are a finite resource for me, and one that is time-consuming.

Regardless, I was able to avoid doing that particular one that day and still get 3 so no big deal.

Yeah, the "Earn X Tel Var" endeavor is another example of one that can serve two purposes-- reward players who would do it anyway, and encourage the other players to think about trying something new.

I can't get past the first Tho'at, and typically don't even get past the third or fourth boss, so I don't engage with the Infinite Archive as much as I'd initially hoped I would. I do enjoy fighting through the first Arc as far as I can, and I was able to collect a fair amount of AFs, although it was probably chump change to what most everyone else can acquire. Still, I've been able to buy some of the new class set gear with it. I would have spent some AFs for the endeavor, but I'd already spent most of it on class set gear, so I had to do one of the other endeavors as my third.

Most of the time I'll try to do endeavors that give me an excuse to do something I enjoy but that I might not have done in a while, rather than ones I'm certain to complete just by doing my usually daily stuff. But it really depends on how much time I've got to get things done before the daily reset.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭

My mistake, I should have clarified I was referring to the style pages.
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Yeah, the "Earn X Tel Var" endeavor is another example of one that can serve two purposes-- reward players who would do it anyway, and encourage the other players to think about trying something new.

I can't get past the first Tho'at, and typically don't even get past the third or fourth boss, so I don't engage with the Infinite Archive as much as I'd initially hoped I would. I do enjoy fighting through the first Arc as far as I can, and I was able to collect a fair amount of AFs, although it was probably chump change to what most everyone else can acquire. Still, I've been able to buy some of the new class set gear with it. I would have spent some AFs for the endeavor, but I'd already spent most of it on class set gear, so I had to do one of the other endeavors as my third.

Most of the time I'll try to do endeavors that give me an excuse to do something I enjoy but that I might not have done in a while, rather than ones I'm certain to complete just by doing my usually daily stuff. But it really depends on how much time I've got to get things done before the daily reset.

Well if cross platform play is ever a thing, you can go along with me. I can get to arc 3 on my Oakensorc. I’d love to get the achievement to get Inkslayer but I might have to buy a carry. I don’t have the motivation or the time to make a dedicated IA build. Imagine that, someone who is retired and has all day to play, but I do a lot of things in the game.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA